Stockton Heat Thread v1.0 (and ADK Thunder)

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Updated playoff race

Rank | Pacific Division | GP | W | L | OTL | SOL | PTS | PCT
WC | Charlotte Checkers | 72 | 36 | 22 | 3 | 5 | 80 | 0.556
- | San Jose Barracuda | 64 | 29 | 24 | 8 | 3 | 69 | 0.539
- | Bakersfield Condors | 63 | 28 | 26 | 7 | 2 | 65 | 0.516
- | Stockton Heat | 63 | 30 | 29 | 2 | 2 | 64 | 0.508

Remaining Schedule

- - - - - Team - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - -
Charlotte Checkers | 2-1 OT Win | 2-1 Loss | 9-Apr vs Milwaukee Admirals | 10-Apr vs Milwaukee Admirals | 14-Apr @ Lake Erie Monsters | 15-Apr @ Lake Erie Monsters
San Jose Barracuda | 4-3 OT Loss | 8-Apr @ Texas Stars | 9-Apr @ Texas Stars | 16-Apr @ Stockton Heat | 17-Apr vs Stockton Heat |
Bakersfield Condors | 6-5 OT Loss | 8-Apr @ Ontario Reign | 9-Apr vs Ontario Reign | 12-Apr vs Stockton Heat | 15-Apr @ Milwaukee Admirals | 16-Apr @ Grand Rapids Griffins
Stockton Heat | 4-1 Loss | 9-Apr vs San Diego Gulls | 10-Apr vs San Diego Gulls | 12-Apr @ Bakersfield Condors | 16-Apr vs San Jose Barracuda | 17-Apr @ San Jose Barracuda

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Does Klimchuk still have the potential to be a solid player or are we looking at someone who might not make it? Just curious as his AHL numbers (and I know they aren't always a true measurement) aren't very good.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Does Klimchuk still have the potential to be a solid player or are we looking at someone who might not make it? Just curious as his AHL numbers (and I know they aren't always a true measurement) aren't very good.
He absolutely still has a chance.

His AHL numbers do not reflect his play as he usually plays on the top checking line with Bill Arnold and Bryce Van Brabant, earlier in the season he was handcuffed to Blair Riley and various centermen. The coach has nothing but glowing things to say about Klimmer as he is defensively sound and plays a feisty game. He has also missed a couple of stints with injury, the first of which was from a dirty hit from Oleksiak IIRC. He only saw a small handful of games on the top line and was starting to produce, but then Raymond was sent down and Shinkaruk was acquired and it pushed him back down the depth chart. I am a couple games behind at the moment but I seem to recall hearing that he had some time with Jankowski as well and IMO that could be an very good combination as both are excellent defensively and have good offensive instincts.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
We'll be lucky if he's a 4th liner. The nicest way to put it is that he's a good pker and semi-good defensively. He is invisible most nights. Similar to Engelland, watching him play he seems to be a smart hockey player as he know where the play will end up going, but he's nowhere near fast enough to react and have an impact on 5v5. If he can't handle AHL speed but I don't even want to see how he'll perform in the NHL. Of course, he's doesn't have Engelland's size so that's where the comparison ends.

EDIT: Admittedly, I haven't watch him play before he turned pro, so I can't tell how much or if he improved certain aspects of his games.

Last edited:

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
He absolutely still has a chance.

His AHL numbers do not reflect his play as he usually plays on the top checking line with Bill Arnold and Bryce Van Brabant, earlier in the season he was handcuffed to Blair Riley and various centermen. The coach has nothing but glowing things to say about Klimmer as he is defensively sound and plays a feisty game. He has also missed a couple of stints with injury, the first of which was from a dirty hit from Oleksiak IIRC. He only saw a small handful of games on the top line and was starting to produce, but then Raymond was sent down and Shinkaruk was acquired and it pushed him back down the depth chart. I am a couple games behind at the moment but I seem to recall hearing that he had some time with Jankowski as well and IMO that could be an very good combination as both are excellent defensively and have good offensive instincts.

I figured he probably wasn't getting the best of looks in the top 6 so I figured as much. it does seem like injuries kind of follow him, hopefully he can get away from that. Thank you for the reply.

We'll be lucky if he's a 4th liner. The nicest way to put it is that he's a good pker and semi-good defensively. He is invisible most nights. Similar to Engelland, watching him play he seems to be a smart hockey player as he know where the play will end up going, but he's nowhere near fast enough to react and have an impact on 5v5. If he can't handle AHL speed but I don't even want to see how he'll perform in the NHL. Of course, he's doesn't have Engelland's size so that's where the comparison ends.

EDIT: Admittedly, I haven't watch him play before he turned pro, so I can't tell how much or if he improved certain aspects of his games.

This post seems strange as you're comparing a "skilled" forward to a 2/3rd pair defenseman.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
lmfao @ comparing Klimchuk to Engelland, my god what a terrible comparable. It is pretty clear he hasn't seen him as a pro either :biglaugh:

The best comparable to Klimchuk at this point would probably Backlund or Frolik, but throws the body around more.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I think the best way to look at it, is to take a peak at what he does next year. First year pro, on a pretty 'meh' team, being nearly a really late first rounder...

Dunno. He'll be a guy who takes a few years in the A to maybe make the NHL.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I'd go with a Glencross comparison for Klimmer middle 6 winger has the offensive instincts, shot, and speed to finish plays but not to carry a line. Defensively while not the biggest guy can be a tough to score against just solid positioning at all times.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

I've always seen Morgan as a guy that will get lost in the shuffle. He doesn't have any skills that stand out. Too many really good players out there. He just isn't dynamic enough, explosive enough, or physical enough to set him apart from the rest. Not to say he can't become a good fourth liner/depth player. But he's going to have to take an astronomical jump to be a top 6 forward.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I've always seen Morgan as a guy that will get lost in the shuffle. He doesn't have any skills that stand out. Too many really good players out there. He just isn't dynamic enough, explosive enough, or physical enough to set him apart from the rest. Not to say he can't become a good fourth liner/depth player. But he's going to have to take an astronomical jump to be a top 6 forward.
You forgot to tell us he is slow again.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
This post seems strange as you're comparing a "skilled" forward to a 2/3rd pair defenseman.
Engelland used to play as forward and just like him, Klimchuk lack the speed to follow the play which gives him a hard time using his strength in a useful way. They don't compare in size, obviously, but in this case it's just another box Klimchuk doesn't check.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Klimchuk, if he pans out, will be Frolik or a poor mans Frolik. Or maybe a middle class Frolik. Somewhere around there anyway.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Having seen him lots in Junior I always thought he would top out as a third liner and maye fI'll in 2nd lin if needed. He's not fast but his hockey IQ is off the charts which always leads him to being in the right place to make the defensive play.

Does he have high end offensive skill? No, but at the same time he's been used in the past as a great complimentary player on a line with two other very skilled players. Again his high IQ puts him in the right place offensively and is in place to make that line better either by helping the play come together or benefitting from a good set up.

He is never going to be a driver of plays but can be that dependable player that every coach loves. He would be great on a line with Jankowski I would think.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
the ADK Thunder qualified for the Kelly Cup playoffs today

12718004_578233519025030_3585021881754210356_n.jpg

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Updated playoff race. Bakersfield's loss puts the Heat ahead by .00012, San Jose's win puts them closer to Charlotte. Tomorrow will be a big day for all 4 clubs as they all play playoff teams.

Rank | Pacific Division | GP | PTS | PCT
WC | Charlotte Checkers | 72 | 80 | 0.556
- | San Jose Barracuda | 65 | 71 | 0.546
- | Stockton Heat | 63 | 64 | 0.508
- | Bakersfield Condors | 65 | 0.508
Remaining Schedule

- - - - - Team - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - - | - - - - - - - - Opponent - - - - - - - -
Charlotte Checkers | 2-1 OT Win | 2-1 Loss | 9-Apr vs Milwaukee Admirals | 10-Apr vs Milwaukee Admirals | 14-Apr @ Lake Erie Monsters | 15-Apr @ Lake Erie Monsters
San Jose Barracuda | 4-3 OT Loss | 3-0 win | 9-Apr @ Texas Stars | 16-Apr @ Stockton Heat | 17-Apr vs Stockton Heat |
Bakersfield Condors | 6-5 OT Loss | 4-1 Loss | 9-Apr vs Ontario Reign | 12-Apr vs Stockton Heat | 15-Apr @ Milwaukee Admirals | 16-Apr @ Grand Rapids Griffins
Stockton Heat | 4-1 Loss | 9-Apr vs San Diego Gulls | 10-Apr vs San Diego Gulls | 12-Apr @ Bakersfield Condors | 16-Apr vs San Jose Barracuda | 17-Apr @ San Jose Barracuda

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Haha,I just spent 10 mins trying to figure out how the hell they made the PO's, before realizing that's the ECHL team :laugh:

What's the rules on sending help to Adirondak? I mean guys like Heard/Culkin should be able to play as they've been on the team this year. But could we send any AHL regular down if they haven't suited up for Adirondak?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Haha,I just spent 10 mins trying to figure out how the hell they made the PO's, before realizing that's the ECHL team :laugh:

What's the rules on sending help to Adirondak? I mean guys like Heard/Culkin should be able to play as they've been on the team this year. But could we send any AHL regular down if they haven't suited up for Adirondak?
I have no idea, but IIRC the ECHL has stricter roster limits than the AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->