Stockton Heat Thread v1.0 (and ADK Thunder)

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
After watching Jankowski play four game, I'll say that he does stand out in good ways. Decent offensively, decent defensively but he has no shot, no trigger. It's shocking he scored more than 10 goals per season in the h-east. He's like the opposite of Granlund.

Not much to say about Pollock.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
After watching Jankowski play four game, I'll say that he does stand out in good ways. Decent offensively, decent defensively but he has no shot, no trigger. It's shocking he scored more than 10 goals per season in the h-east.

Huh? He's got a great wrist shot, extremely accurate finding corners and incredible hands in tight to get the puck over top of pads. He just doesn't shoot, because he is Alex Tanguay. But that won't stop him from being an 18-25 goal guy in the NHL. Guys with Hockey sense just have that knack as they go up levels where playing with better players they adapt their decision making. It's weird but he won't often take lazy shots into chest-pads so people accuse him of inflated SH%. But I've seen enough of his wrister to know it can beat NHL goalies just fine.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat win 5-4 in OT

They're more or less eliminated at this point in time as if they lose a point or Charlotte gets a point they are officially eliminated.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How has Pollock looked so far?
He hasn't played alot, so I don't have much of a feel for him yet. Which is not a big surprise with the playoff race and the fact that there is a bigger jump for CHL players than AHL ones. But the Heat should be officially eliminated right away and at that point I expect to see Pollock, Jankowski, Klimchuk, Poirier, Shinkaruk, Smith, Carroll, Kylington, Culkin, Kulak and Sieloff fed alot of prime minutes.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Huh? He's got a great wrist shot, extremely accurate finding corners and incredible hands in tight to get the puck over top of pads. He just doesn't shoot, because he is Alex Tanguay. But that won't stop him from being an 18-25 goal guy in the NHL. Guys with Hockey sense just have that knack as they go up levels where playing with better players they adapt their decision making. It's weird but he won't often take lazy shots into chest-pads so people accuse him of inflated SH%. But I've seen enough of his wrister to know it can beat NHL goalies just fine.
He's good at finding corner and while I wouldn't call Jankowski's wrist shot great, that wasn't my issue - just that he can't trigger. He takes 1-2 seconds too long to start to process, leading to him (wisely) passing back. Either way, it's tough to tell how good or bad he is just by watching four games, so I'll try to pay closer attention to him in the last few games.

OT: No such thing as a "lazy shot", as it pertains to forwards. Even if a shot doesn't end up in the net, it still creates chaos around it, forces most defensemen to react and send the puck deeper making it harder for the opponenets to make a zone exit.
How has Pollock looked so far?
He's fine.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat lost 6-3 tonight. Jankowski scored his 2nd., now has 5 points (2+3) in 6 games. Pollock never dressed tonight.

Heat have officially been eliminated from the postseason picture.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That is awesome that Janko has 5 in 6, though. It's refreshing to have a guy make the jump and find immediate success like that.

I now expect him to struggle out of the gate next season, just to create some drama on our board.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
After watching Jankowski play four game....he has no shot, no trigger. It's shocking he scored more than 10 goals per season in the h-east.

Since you posted this Jankowski has played two games, registered seven shots (and a few crossbars and high-and-wides) and scored two goals.

Keep it up :handclap:

I now expect him to struggle out of the gate next season, just to create some drama on our board.

Absolutely. Meanwhile Poirier will shoot 30% in weeks one and two leading people to annoint him the next Kovalev.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Since you posted this Jankowski has played two games, registered seven shots (and a few crossbars and high-and-wides) and scored two goals.

Keep it up :handclap:
Would like to find something else to complain about him, but I might have filled my reserve jinx quota. That, or he visits hfboards.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
That is awesome that Janko has 5 in 6, though. It's refreshing to have a guy make the jump and find immediate success like that.

I predict he'll make the Flames out of training camp, play RW alongside Bennett & Matthews, and score 50 points.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Looking at lastnights score sheet, Stockton probably iced their best lineup all year

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
Didn't notice Hunter in the game last night till the 3rd period. Seems small and unwilling to commit to board battles. Great positionally floating into the o zone without anyone checking him. Of course, my total time watching him was like 3 shifts FWIW. Scored a dramatic goal at end of game.

TonyAndrock

Oct 26, 2013
I compiled lists for all the AHL Western Conference teams in terms of who's under contract for next season and all the free agents. They can be found here: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2016/06/offseason-guide-part-2-ahl-free-agents.html

Any corrections I need to make with Stockton's list?

Stockton Heat (Calgary Flames)

Under Contract

Forwards: Austin Carroll, Garnet Hathaway, Mark Jankowski, Morgan Klimchuk, Emile Poirier, Brett Pollock, Daniel Pribyl, Andrew Mangiapane, Mason Raymond, Hunter Smith,

Defensemen: Ryan Culkin, Keegan Kanzig, Brett Kulak, Oliver Kylington, Kenny Morrison, Patrick Sieloff,

Goaltenders: Jon Gillies and Mason McDonald

Impending Free Agents

NHL UFA: forward Derek Grant

NHL RFA: goaltender Kevin Poulin, defenseman Tyler Wotherspoon and forwards Kenny Agostino, Bill Arnold, Turner Elson, Freddie Hamilton, Drew Shore and Bryce Van Brabant

AHL UFA: goaltender Kent Simpson, defensemen Aaron Johnson,Jakub Nakladal, Yann Sauve and Dustin Stevenson and forwards Mitchell Heard, Ryan Lomberg and Blair Riley

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I compiled lists for all the AHL Western Conference teams in terms of who's under contract for next season and all the free agents. They can be found here: http://highlandparkhockey.blogspot.com/2016/06/offseason-guide-part-2-ahl-free-agents.html

Any corrections I need to make with Stockton's list?

Stockton Heat (Calgary Flames)

Under Contract

Forwards: Austin Carroll, Garnet Hathaway, Mark Jankowski, Morgan Klimchuk, Emile Poirier, Brett Pollock, Daniel Pribyl, Andrew Mangiapane, Mason Raymond, Hunter Smith,

Defensemen: Ryan Culkin, Keegan Kanzig, Brett Kulak, Oliver Kylington, Kenny Morrison, Patrick Sieloff,

Goaltenders: Jon Gillies and Mason McDonald

Impending Free Agents

NHL UFA: forward Derek Grant

NHL RFA: goaltender Kevin Poulin, defenseman Tyler Wotherspoon and forwards Kenny Agostino, Bill Arnold, Turner Elson, Freddie Hamilton, Drew Shore and Bryce Van Brabant

AHL UFA: goaltender Kent Simpson, defensemen Aaron Johnson,Jakub Nakladal, Yann Sauve and Dustin Stevenson and forwards Mitchell Heard, Ryan Lomberg and Blair Riley
Nakladal is an NHL UFA, not an AHL one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad