Stockton Heat Thread v1.0 (and ADK Thunder)

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Huska really likes Agostino and Hamilton and the whole Raymond thing befuddles me.

Maybe the Flames should call them up and see what they can do....

I cant imagine them being anything other than 4th line fillers though

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
So with the addition of Shink, how does that affect the lineup?
Does this push Klimchuk further down the depth chart? Or is Raymond called up to sit in the PB?
Agostino, Shinkaruk, Raymond, Klimchuk, Van BB all on LW
Shore, Elson, Arnold, Heard at C
Hamilton, Hathaway, Poirier, Carrol, Riley, Orr
With Grant & Smith currently injured.

As it stands injury replacement Heard goes back to ECHL. Not sure why Orr even dresses, I don't think he's needed in the lineup. Riley has also frequently been a scratch and I could see him sent to ECHL too. If fully healthy that could leave Smith/Carrol fighting to stay in the lineup.
Definitely looks better now though, hopefully that translates to some wins.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
So with the addition of Shink, how does that affect the lineup?
Does this push Klimchuk further down the depth chart? Or is Raymond called up to sit in the PB?
Agostino, Shinkaruk, Raymond, Klimchuk, Van BB all on LW
Shore, Elson, Arnold, Heard at C
Hamilton, Hathaway, Poirier, Carrol, Riley, Orr
With Grant & Smith currently injured.

As it stands injury replacement Heard goes back to ECHL. Not sure why Orr even dresses, I don't think he's needed in the lineup. Riley has also frequently been a scratch and I could see him sent to ECHL too. If fully healthy that could leave Smith/Carrol fighting to stay in the lineup.
Definitely looks better now though, hopefully that translates to some wins.

I could see Poirier called up. No waivers that way.

I think Huska will use Hunter, Drew, and Morgan together but in a more offensive manner. It could be the kick needed to get Shore and Klimchuck producing.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat win 4-3 in a shootout over San Diego

Poulin stopped 47 of 50 shots.
Hamilton had a goal and an assist.
Shinkaruk was 0+0 and -2, from CG's comments on CP he only made one glaring mistake tonight and was the most dangerous forward.

Also Brian McGrattan is back and he scored for San Diego.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Interesting and good catch.

Seems like a waste to call up Kulak then leave him in the press box. Maybe it means Engelland is being moved somewhere, even if it's just the pressbox.

Hathaway should be a good utility forward.

Also, it's becoming clearer the organization doesn't think much of Agostino or Arnold.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Calling up a defenceman here further reaffirms that a defenceman will be traded (obviously, but still). I don't think they have any useless veteran options down there who they could call up in order to sit, do they?

Calling up Hathaway seems to indicate they wanted someone for the pressbox. I don't know if they expect to play him. :dunno:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
is there a source on this? or is it like the guy who saw Poirier at the airport?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Preparing just in case they can make some deals tomorrow.

Probably doesnt mean the whole lot other than there are options on the table.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Heat won 5-4 in OT today.

Shinkaruk had a goal and an assist, and Poirier had 2 goals. One of them being in OT!

nicenicenice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Heat won 5-4 in OT today.

Shinkaruk had a goal and an assist, and Poirier had 2 goals. One of them being in OT!

nicenicenice.
They choked up a 4-2 lead and each of their lines were on for one of the goals against, so it wasn't all that nice.

In unrelated news the Heat traded for defenseman Yann Sauve, picked him up for future considerations. Sauve has spent most of the year with Manchester of the ECHL.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Derek Grant returned tonight. 2 goals in his return. The guy is a machine this year?

BacklundtoBartschi*

Stockton beat Bakersfield 6-5 in OT

Shinkaruk with a 3 point night including the OT winner
Poirier with 2 points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad