Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Another Everett prospect I’m intrigued about is Jake Christiansen. He is lighting it up for them and he was at our camp and played 9 games for Stockton. So there was definitely familiarity there. It’ll be interesting if we sign him a la Glenn Gawdin

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Another Everett prospect I’m intrigued about is Jake Christiansen. He is lighting it up for them and he was at our camp and played 9 games for Stockton. So there was definitely familiarity there. It’ll be interesting if we sign him a la Glenn Gawdin
He signed somewhere the other day, I think it was Columbus

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
'twas, 'twas Columbus. Good on him. I like these stories. You work your sack off and you get a chance at the NHL one way or another.

Same goes for local boy Luke "the other" Philp. He's now got 31 points (in 51 games) in his 1st pro season. Not bad.

Your boy ET got 1st star lastnight.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Valimaki
2. Pelletier
3. Gawdin
4. Emilio-Pettersen
5. Phillips
6. Wolf
7. Ruzicka
8. Z

Mackey deserves to be in there too probably. Not much separating 3-8 imo

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
1. Valimaki
2. Pelletier
3. Gawdin
4. Emilio-Pettersen
5. Phillips
6. Wolf
7. Ruzicka
8. Z

Mackey deserves to be in there too probably. Not much separating 3-8 imo

Outside of Valimaki with a huge ? going forward. Not much/no top end talent. Losing Fox hurt us really bad.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Why did Nick Schneider get more starts than Parsons in KC? Was Parsons hurt for a stretch?

Yes. Parsons should be in the AHL next year with Zagidulin. Gillies is gone to Europe or another organization. Sigalet still sounds fairly high on Parsons he just has to stay healthy.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Yes. Parsons should be in the AHL next year with Zagidulin. Gillies is gone to Europe or another organization. Sigalet still sounds fairly high on Parsons he just has to stay healthy.

Staying healthy has been our top goalie prospects weakness. (Going back years now)
Definitely some tough choices to make with Zag, Gillies, Parsons & Schneider all FA now. I don't know if any have an NHL future, but Gillies could be the backup next year to Rittich, and I wouldn't mind any 2 of the other 3 being in the AHL

Reactions: Nanuuk

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Hey guys, I'm interested in hearing insight about Calgary's Slovak prospects Martin Pospisil, Milos Roman and Adam Ruzicka. What kind of potential do you see in these players and if you think they can play on NHL level?

Thanks in advance!

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
That is some beef. I've been lloking into some of the big D prospects slated to possibly slide out of the 2nd and maybe be there for the 3rd....I know nothing of these guys, but they couldn't be any worse than throwing a dart at a guy in the 4th/5th rnd.
Basically free picks. Hopefully at least 1 of them can skate and isn't scared to use that size.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Hey guys, I'm interested in hearing insight about Calgary's Slovak prospects Martin Pospisil, Milos Roman and Adam Ruzicka. What kind of potential do you see in these players and if you think they can play on NHL level?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about them that in depth beyond what I've heard from others. Ruzicka had a decent rookie season in the AHL as far as I saw with 0.5 PPG. I would be shocked to see him become an impact player in the NHL, bottom 6 seems like where he would end up if things go just right. Roman was talked about highly by Treliving before this year, but he didn't do anything special in juniors. At this point it's a flip of a coin if the Flames sign him in the first place, so I'm not confident he does anything with the NHL. Pospisil is the most promising of the Slovak prospects. He plays with an edge that gets him into a lot of trouble, and into a lot of penalty minutes. He scored at a good pace in the USHL but didn't score a whole lot in the AHL, however he was also concussed after getting knocked out in a fight with Colby Cave (Rest in peace) so he didn't have a whole lot of games played. Either way, his tenacity could be something that gets him an NHL job similar to guys like Lomberg or Hathaway. Not sure where his ceiling is at, would be surprised to see him above a third line role unless the scoring aspect of his game is more there than it looks from the stat sheets.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Khrox

May 31, 2018

Thanks in advance!

Pospisil didn't get to play much after getting rocked in a fight with Colby Cave pretty early in the season, so it's hard to tell. Ruzicka seems to lack consistency, but appears to have a high end skillset if he can put it all together. The reality is, Pospisil would have had similar points to Ruzicka if they played the same amount of games. Roman looked underwhelming in the WHL year, being a 20 year old with under a point per game, wouldn't be surprised if he only gets an AHL offer.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Thanks in advance!

Ruzicka has the skillset to be an NHL player. Big, strong skater, skilled smart forward who can use his linemates effectively. Needs to improve his defensive commitment and learn to play in traffic better. Pretty classic project player that might turn in to something down the road.

Pospisil tops out as a 4th liner IMO. Actually skates real well for his size and is a pain in the ass. Kind of a liability and will likely be in callup/13th forward territory for a couple years at least even if he plays really well.

Roman, just doesn't look like there's much there. Decent at everything but doesn't really possess anything that makes him stand out. Europe bound most likely.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Pospisil tops out as a 4th liner IMO. Actually skates real well for his size and is a pain in the ass. Kind of a liability and will likely be in callup/13th forward territory for a couple years at least even if he plays really well.
I see Pospisil as a Josh Jooris type, so I figure next year all in the AHL, and the year after that probably 3/4 in the AHL, and the other 1/4 as the 13th forward and seeing a couple games just to get him the experience. And in his second contract seeing a 60-50 split AHL/NHL before graduating. I see him as an NHL player though, but definitely as a 4th liner (3rd line on a weak team).

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anyone know if D'Artagnan Joly is still a part of the organization? After all of the fiasco about his poor professionalism a year ago, I don't think he hasn't been featured in Flames' future watch this season. It looks after being traded twice last season, he played briefly in Rimouski, then went to the OJHL, and now is playing for Halifax.

No longer in the system since he was not signed before last year's draft. He was not selected in the 2019 draft and is now a free agent.

Just wondering in that I read an article elsewhere. Is he receiving interest as a free agent? Haven't seen news of a USport commitment so I'm assuming he's still seeking a professional contract — either at the NHL or minor pro levels or over in Europe.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Anyone able to give me a little scouting report on Glenn Gawdin?
Absolutely solid, steady, consistent professional level effort, and then would work on all the little nuances in practises, with full-out effort in practise and compete game-in/game-out. Not the most flashy, most standout skilled but very effective and finally showing strong finish and steady points.
He finished the shortened season as points leader on Stockton. He is pushing hard to make the big Show with his buddy Dube and should be a solid NHLer hopefully soon as this upcoming season.
His coaches sang his praises for his professional attitude and compete and drive!
All positive showing if he continues and finds confidence, Flames Won't be able to keep him out of the line-up. I would really like to see the progression of a future trio of Mangy-Gawds-Dubs. They could be a successful 2nd/3rd line. I would like to see Gawdin get a chance at 4th line Center from the start of the new campaign, and usurp Janko. I think Janko is close yo done in Calgary. Little progression after what 4 years and actually digressed most of this past season.

Reactions: Nanuuk

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I see Pospisil as a Josh Jooris type, so I figure next year all in the AHL, and the year after that probably 3/4 in the AHL, and the other 1/4 as the 13th forward and seeing a couple games just to get him the experience. And in his second contract seeing a 60-50 split AHL/NHL before graduating. I see him as an NHL player though, but definitely as a 4th liner (3rd line on a weak team).

Hopefully he can reach a higher ceiling, production and team-value than Janko!

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Absolutely solid, steady, consistent professional level effort, and then would work on all the little nuances in practises, with full-out effort in practise and compete game-in/game-out. Not the most flashy, most standout skilled but very effective and finally showing strong finish and steady points.
He finished the shortened season as points leader on Stockton. He is pushing hard to make the big Show with his buddy Dube and should be a solid NHLer hopefully soon as this upcoming season.
His coaches sang his praises for his professional attitude and compete and drive!
All positive showing if he continues and finds confidence, Flames Won't be able to keep him out of the line-up. I would really like to see the progression of a future trio of Mangy-Gawds-Dubs. They could be a successful 2nd/3rd line. I would like to see Gawdin get a chance at 4th line Center from the start of the new campaign, and usurp Janko. I think Janko is close yo done in Calgary. Little progression after what 4 years and actually digressed most of this past season.
I'd like to see Dube at C with Gawdin playing RW on that line. Or alternatively, Bennett at C. I'm not giving up on Jankowski yet. Close, but not yet. For the price we can get him at and because I think he just needs some confidence to succeed. Doc Ryan is good, but I can't see keeping him until he is on the decline. Better to trade him while he has value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad