Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
The Flames have signed 3 free agent D to AHL contracts.

Greg Moro 24 yrs, RD 6'4 208 lb out of Clarkson University
Noah King 20 yrs, LD 6'4" 220 lb from the Spokane Chiefs
Koltrane Wilson 20 yrs, RD 6'3" 220 lb from the Lethbridge Hurricanes

StocktonHeat.com | Heat Sign Three Defensemen to AHL Deals

The Lethbridge Hurricanes posted a few games from last season on their Youtube channel. I've checked out a few of the games and Koletrane Wilson can skate really well. At 6'3, 220 lbs, he looks quite beastly in juniors, but a big man that can move like he does is pretty intriguing. He's a smart player, does a lot of simple things well and is a decent passer. I look forward to seeing how he does in the AHL.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The Flames have signed 3 free agent D to AHL contracts.

Greg Moro 24 yrs, RD 6'4 208 lb out of Clarkson University
Noah King 20 yrs, LD 6'4" 220 lb from the Spokane Chiefs
Koltrane Wilson 20 yrs, RD 6'3" 220 lb from the Lethbridge Hurricanes

StocktonHeat.com | Heat Sign Three Defensemen to AHL Deals

G4SV_ILGKY2Qa2z0aPQXDj0J0qXYG6iB

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Same goes for local boy Luke "the other" Philp. He's now got 31 points (in 51 games) in his 1st pro season. Not bad.

Your boy ET got 1st star lastnight.
For a player to have 31 points in 51 games coming right out of the CIS. Incredible.
Most graduates of Canadian University have to play in the ECHL first...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Are people thinking Gawdin is a late bloomer and can be an NHL player?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think he has enough offensive ability that he is definitely worth the investment of giving him a kick at the can in the NHL. Everything he has done in junior and the AHL suggests he has potential.
He's in some good company with the WHL playoff mvp, not that it's any predictor, but yeah shows potential.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Gawdin and Quine should be on the roster for 20-21 occupying two of the 12-14 spots.....I’m tired of us having so much cap space tied up in bottom 6 forwards

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Any draft knowledgable guys who have any insights on last years draft almost a year after? We know alot about Pelletier and Wolf, but what about the progress of Nikolayev, Feuk, and Nodler?

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Any draft knowledgable guys who have any insights on last years draft almost a year after? We know alot about Pelletier and Wolf, but what about the progress of Nikolayev, Feuk, and Nodler?

Nikolayev showed modest improvement. His production in the MHL was about the same but that can be hard to gauge in the bigger Russian programs (Loko, SKA, etc.) because they have such massive lineups that the roster is constantly juggled around. He was alternating between wearing an "A" and a "C" on his jersey this year. He flashes some high-level offensive skills but was more of a steadying presence on both sides of the ice. He plays center well, is good defensively and at backchecking. Nikolayev has a lot of the same qualities I liked about Milos Roman, really.

Overall, he was more consistent this year, but the same kind of impression I got from him a year ago. Next year will be a bigger year for him as he'll likely be a part of Russia's WJ team and, as a u20, he should start to get games in the KHL and maybe the VHL too.

I only saw Feuk in a u19 friendly tournament, he had more physicality and was a better all-around player than I expected, but his offensive skillset seem pretty modest/average. He was pretty unproductive in Allsvenskan this season, next year should be a pretty telling year of his upside, but we have his rights for 3 more years, so there's time to wait if he's a late bloomer.

I haven't seen Nodler play since we drafted him.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Gawdin and Quine should be on the roster for 20-21 occupying two of the 12-14 spots.....I’m tired of us having so much cap space tied up in bottom 6 forwards

I agree. Have Gawdin play the RW with Lucic and Ryan and have Gawdin learn a thing or two with Ryan.

Henderson Finest

Oct 13, 2019
I agree. Have Gawdin play the RW with Lucic and Ryan and have Gawdin learn a thing or two with Ryan.
I hope everyone doesn't expect a lot from Gawdin. After being named an All-Star, he disappeared. I like his game, but from my experience watching him these past two years, he is no better than Mark Jankowski. In fact, Jankowski was better than him while in Stockton.
I just want to temper everyone's expectations when he does arrive in Calgary.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I hope everyone doesn't expect a lot from Gawdin. After being named an All-Star, he disappeared. I like his game, but from my experience watching him these past two years, he is no better than Mark Jankowski. In fact, Jankowski was better than him while in Stockton.

If he made the NHL, he’d be heavily sheltered. I just really want that last spot (12th spot) to be open for competition.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

Good to know, but the fact we ran current iteration of Mark Jankowski for 56 games... I'd take a flier.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Feb 23, 2014

Who do you like as a player that may develop into an impact player?

Feb 23, 2014
Not overly surprising, the Russians look like they have a chance at carving out NHL roles, Pospisil is a beast and Ruzicka could be a gem.

I haven’t been as high on Gawdin and Phillips as most..

I actually think the guys that are coming are going to possibly be good in a Pettersen, Zavgorodny, Mackey as well as Kinnvall and Pelletier when they are ready to make the jump.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Not overly surprising, the Russians look like they have a chance at carving out NHL roles, Pospisil is a beast and Ruzicka could be a gem.

I haven’t been as high on Gawdin and Phillips as most..

I actually think the guys that are coming are going to possibly be good in a Pettersen, Zavgorodny, Mackey as well as Kinnvall and Pelletier when they are ready to make the jump.

He has one season of above average production and it was playing in a league that draft + 1 players usually don't play in on the best team, with a first round level talent in Bobby Brink. I just really doubt there is anything there.

Gawdin may be a 4th liner but I still have highish hopes for Phillips, he's produced well everywhere he's been.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
He has one season of above average production and it was playing in a league that draft + 1 players usually don't play in on the best team, with a first round level talent in Bobby Brink. I just really doubt there is anything there.

Gawdin may be a 4th liner but I still have highish hopes for Phillips, he's produced well everywhere he's been.

Phillips is a 2nd liner or nothing at all.

Feb 23, 2014

I meant that it seems Pospisil is a bigger, more physical player so it makes sense a regular Stockton viewer thinks he can carve out a role in the NHL.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Is Phillips available for Calgary if there's injury or roster issues?

With Dube looking so good, you'd have to think Phillips is high up on the list of call-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad