Prospect Info: Stockton Heat & All-Purpose Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Is Phillips available for Calgary if there's injury or roster issues?

With Dube looking so good, you'd have to think Phillips is high up on the list of call-ups.
I think all rosters are locked because of the bubble. So not for this playoffs, but next season (whenever next is), yes

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Is Phillips even fully recovered yet? But him not having gone through enough quarantine to be in the bubble makes sense why he's not qualified for this seasons playoffs.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Who do you like as a player that may develop into an impact player?

What kind of impact? Top lines impact, None. A couple guys may make the bottom 6 as Rinaldo, Jankowski and maybe Lucic exit the team.

Henderson Finest

Oct 13, 2019
So if the proposed "Canadian" AHL division happens for next season, and knowing Calgary only signed a 1-year lease that was to cover the 20/21 season, have the Heat played their final game in Stockton?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Are people thinking Gawdin is a late bloomer and can be an NHL player?
I do. He will likely have to continue to bloom later, with the new signings. But...hope he can adjust quickly and continue his professional growth as a player, when he gets a chance to prove himself Flames level.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I always liked the Luke Philp signing as someone who was a student at the U of A and watched a bunch of Bears games. I was a bit apprehensive simply because there aren’t a bunch of guys coming out of USports to play in the NHL, but he was fantastic yesterday.

Seems like he will be one of Stockton’s main drivers along with Phillips, MEP and Zavgorodny. I think he’s a legitimate prospect to make an NHL impact someday.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Ruzicka with 2+1, and Wolf with a redemption big game to help the Heat win their 1st game of the season....I told you guys in the prospect thread that Ruzicka belongs with that B group, and could be knocking on the Flames door by next year.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Ruzicka with a solid scoring performance again, featuring the power move. Playing all situations and putting up points early in the season

And also a sick set up from Phillips (who is playing a great game in general)

Zary also looking shifty at multiple points;

https://twitter.com/miketgould/status/1365426563987087360

Of course the stats are hard to acknowledge with the Marlies breaking down defensively, but the Flames prospects looking good are a nice look towards the future

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ruzicka low key might be a massive piece for us. It’s honestly, along with Philips and Emilio, the reasons I’m not against going rebuild.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

Kind of hoping that the WHL BC division doesn't come back. Zary-Ruzicka-Phillips seems like a fun line.

Reactions: SaintMorose

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
It's crazy how once you have moving pieces in the offensive zone there are breakdowns that make room for those cross seam passes. Almost like having a stagnant offense with guys just waiting in spots for the puck is a bad thing...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why is Phillips in the ahl and Nordstrom and simon and Leivo still regulars?

Who knows.
My first reaction was ‘is this a guy you want playing 6 minutes a night in the NHL or putting up PPG+ playing 20 a night in the A.?”

Then I remembered there’s barely energy from our 4th line so who cares. We’re also already easy to play against, adding another munchkin doesn’t do anything there either.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It's crazy how once you have moving pieces in the offensive zone there are breakdowns that make room for those cross seam passes. Almost like having a stagnant offense with guys just waiting in spots for the puck is a bad thing...

So sad this coach is pissing a year down the drain. Worst in the league ainec.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Who knows.
My first reaction was ‘is this a guy you want playing 6 minutes a night in the NHL or putting up PPG+ playing 20 a night in the A.?”

Then I remembered there’s barely energy from our 4th line so who cares. We’re also already easy to play against, adding another munchkin doesn’t do anything there either.
You call up Phillips/Ruzicka/Pettersson/Pospisil whoever and they get a big "Congrats! You get to play with Nordstrom and Froese!" On top of them being heading out for a shift every 10 minutes. We're seeing it right now with Gawdin. A guy who scored in juniors and in the AHL? Woo, you get to play with Joakim Nordstrom and Buddy Robinson for 5 minutes a night. And what's crazy is that he was one of the few players playing with energy in the 3rd last night. Getting more guys like that wouldn't be an issue that's for sure

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You call up Phillips/Ruzicka/Pettersson/Pospisil whoever and they get a big "Congrats! You get to play with Nordstrom and Froese!" On top of them being heading out for a shift every 10 minutes. We're seeing it right now with Gawdin. A guy who scored in juniors and in the AHL? Woo, you get to play with Joakim Nordstrom and Buddy Robinson for 5 minutes a night. And what's crazy is that he was one of the few players playing with energy in the 3rd last night. Getting more guys like that wouldn't be an issue that's for sure

Call up anyone you want at this stage I don’t even care. Play Kylington 25 minutes a night even. Who cares? We need a culture reset and the move away from ‘average is good enough’x

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Ruzicka low key might be a massive piece for us. It’s honestly, along with Philips and Emilio, the reasons I’m not against going rebuild.
Do you know who Emilio is currently playing with, as a line? Read he was named 3rd star of a game, where he went 1+1. That was his first goal as a pro, and also his first multi point pro game. As a Norwegian my self, I have hopes for him. But let's hope his getting his skates wet, at the ahl level first, although a short call up would be exiting for him (and me)

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Do you know who Emilio is currently playing with, as a line? Read he was named 3rd star of a game, where he went 1+1. That was his first goal as a pro, and also his first multi point pro game. As a Norwegian my self, I have hopes for him. But let's hope his getting his skates wet, at the ahl level first, although a short call up would be exiting for him (and me)

Pospisil and Eetu

Reactions: fredrikstad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad