Proposal: STL/TOR Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yeah, Nylander and Parayko makes sense and probably could happen but I don't think Gardiner would get the Leafs Schwartz.
Please explain how parayko could happen. Lay it out for us. does it cover team needs. How to we circumvent the cap. How do we replace the RHD position. Please do explain your point of view other than you want Parayko.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Not looking at positional need or team composition, if Nylander was signed for 4 more years at $5.5 then he would be on even ground with Parayko. An unsigned Nylander holding out for $8+ is not equal value to Parayko.
Also Top Pairing RHD dmen with offensive upside and great defensivly Are worth more than 60pt wingers or young 2-3c. Drais would be the best 1 for 1 comparison only issue is the same issue with nylander we dont have the cap or rhd replacement

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'd be looking at Pietrangelo more than Parayko in a hypothetical Blues tear down. And Nylander would fit in nicely in that group.
Why on earth would the blues trade petro to you. Also Petro's wife is a native st. louisian that just had tripplettes. I dont see them moving or wanting to leave at any time. He also bought a extremly nice house in ladue (rich area of STL)

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Laughable. Just ****ing laughable.
Defensively he's a liability. Offensively, he's a juggernaut. But as a dman don't you want him to be more responsible in his own end than in the attacking zone? That's why I view him as a 3rd pairing D because he's so one dimensional and he doesn't think the game at a high enough level to ever be a true top D. Maybe "glorified 3rd pairing" is unfair to him, but that's how I view him. I do have a bias against him.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Defensively he's a liability. Offensively, he's a juggernaut. But as a dman don't you want him to be more responsible in his own end than in the attacking zone? That's why I view him as a 3rd pairing D because he's so one dimensional and he doesn't think the game at a high enough level to ever be a true top D. Maybe "glorified 3rd pairing" is unfair to him, but that's how I view him. I do have a bias against him.
Thats exactly how shattenkirk was. Great for 50+ points but in the playoffs when the game was on the line he was a liability. Just like i said Gardnier was.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why on earth would the blues trade petro to you. Also Petro's wife is a native st. louisian that just had tripplettes. I dont see them moving or wanting to leave at any time. He also bought a extremly nice house in ladue (rich area of STL)

Why did the Rangers trade former franchise defenseman and captain Ryan McDonagh? You never know, I'm just saying if I were trading with the Blues, I'd do it when they're having a fire sale.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Why did the Rangers trade former franchise defenseman and captain Ryan McDonagh? You never know, I'm just saying if I were trading with the Blues, I'd do it when they're having a fire sale.
The McDonagh deal was made after the team publically committed to a scorched earth rebuild. Not exactly comparing apples to apples here

Reactions: Colt55

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Because they realized they needed to rebuild.

Blues just got schenn ror, perron, bozak,
They have Schwartz tarasenko, petro parayko. They are bring up Thomas kyrou Blais and have Sandford kostin husso coming up. Sounds like blues are no were near a rebuild. Also it would take a massive package to get him you willing to part with Mathews +

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Also Top Pairing RHD dmen with offensive upside and great defensivly Are worth more than 60pt wingers or young 2-3c. Drais would be the best 1 for 1 comparison only issue is the same issue with nylander we dont have the cap or rhd replacement
Parayko isn't a top pairing D-man, he has never been that. Deployment or numbers back that up. Stop lying. You can't call Nylander what he is at the moment (60 point winger that occasionally plays center and takes faceoffs regularly) and call Parayko a top pairing d-man.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

They have Schwartz tarasenko, petro parayko. They are bring up Thomas kyrou Blais and have Sandford kostin husso coming up. Sounds like blues are no were near a rebuild. Also it would take a massive package to get him you willing to part with Mathews +

I think if you are counting Bozak as a major upgrade, you could go either way in the next little while.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I think if you are counting Bozak as a major upgrade, you could go either way in the next little while.

I've only seen Leafs fans suggest this particular narrative and it just simply isn't true. No Blues fan is suggesting Bozak is a "major upgrade", he's a 3rd line center. Why does every Leafs fan spouting this nonsense focus on Bozak and not on say O'Reilly who actually is a "major upgrade"?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Parayko isn't a top pairing D-man, he has never been that. Deployment or numbers back that up. Stop lying. You can't call Nylander what he is at the moment (60 point winger that occasionally plays center and takes faceoffs regularly) and call Parayko a top pairing d-man.
Hey Parayko is a top pairing dman. He would be playing top pairing d on your team and top pairing on half the teams in the nhl. If petro wasnt there he would be the #1rhd. He plays 23+ mins a night. Plays power play penalty kill. He played top pairing in Worlds with Morgan rielly. Paraykos Defensive Stats are better than orielly with exception of QOC. Nylander Is a 60pt winger. All wingers take faceoffs when the center gets kicked out.

You say I am lying. Then prove me wrong. I dont care about your warped opinion. The fact is Petro is top5 in theleague parayko is rated near top 30 their are 62 top pairing dmen in the league. Do the math. I get that you just want to have a pissing contest and win some imagined trade. So when your done in fantasy lala world and come back to reality we can talk till then.

Nylander is a top6 60 pt winger.
Parayko is #2 best dman on blues and is a top pairing dman. 35-40 pts Great shot strong defensivley (better than rielly)

danfromwaterloo

Dec 16, 2010
Well, I come back to this thread and it's just exploded.

Thoughts that Schwartz isn't demonstrable. At Nylander's age, Schwartz had half the number of points. That's not to say that he won't flatten out, but Nylander is definitively valued higher than Schwartz. Maybe not by all that much, but he is.

Parayko and Gardiner - Gardiner is an offensive defenseman that needs a good defensive conscience in order to be successful. He'll put up 40-45 points this year; Parayko will put up 35 (again). Parayko, however, is someone you can put out there in the last two minutes of a game to defend a lead. He's also played sheltered minutes under Piet.

This really works out to trading two first line wingers and two second pairing Ds. Nylander will outscore Schwartz over the next three years, and Gardiner will outscore Parayko. You can make the money work on both sides. Toronto needs more defense - which this gives; St. Louis needs more offense, which this gives. Maybe you throw in some draft picks to make it equal out, but I thought all along that this is close.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
If Parayko was traded to Toronto, do you think he would be paired with Reilly? I do, and as a result he would probably lead all RHD on the Leafs in ice time and play against the best competition. This by all accounts would make him a top pairing dman.
I understand he isn't Hedman level but I would be surprised if you could name 31 RHD I would rather have on my team.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Matthews+ for Paryako you say, I dont like Gardiner, dont like that people try and defend him, dont like that there is another one of these threads when its obvious Blues fans dont want to trade Colton, but what you posted there with the Matthews+ is way worse than all of the previous Paryako threads combined. You out derped them all man.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Preds fan here, I hate St. Louis with a passion but Paryako is absolutely a top pairing defender. He's not the "future Shea Weber" like some Blues fans touted him years ago, but he's a beast.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Well, I come back to this thread and it's just exploded.

Thoughts that Schwartz isn't demonstrable. At Nylander's age, Schwartz had half the number of points. That's not to say that he won't flatten out, but Nylander is definitively valued higher than Schwartz. Maybe not by all that much, but he is.

Parayko and Gardiner - Gardiner is an offensive defenseman that needs a good defensive conscience in order to be successful. He'll put up 40-45 points this year; Parayko will put up 35 (again). Parayko, however, is someone you can put out there in the last two minutes of a game to defend a lead. He's also played sheltered minutes under Piet.

This really works out to trading two first line wingers and two second pairing Ds. Nylander will outscore Schwartz over the next three years, and Gardiner will outscore Parayko. You can make the money work on both sides. Toronto needs more defense - which this gives; St. Louis needs more offense, which this gives. Maybe you throw in some draft picks to make it equal out, but I thought all along that this is close.

In a cap league, you need to consider salary and contract when discussing value. Nylander is holding out for 8+ and Gardiner is an up coming UFA - by as early as next season their respective salaries could be as high as $8.5 and $7. This would be almost impossible for the Blues to absorb. Also Gardiner's point totals are impressive but I'd take the 35pt defensive skilled player over the 40-45 pt player with defensive issues.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I've only seen Leafs fans suggest this particular narrative and it just simply isn't true. No Blues fan is suggesting Bozak is a "major upgrade", he's a 3rd line center. Why does every Leafs fan spouting this nonsense focus on Bozak and not on say O'Reilly who actually is a "major upgrade"?

I wouldn't necessarily call O'Reilly a massive upgrade either. He was super hyped up going to Buffalo as a Bergeron lite. Had no impact on a winning team, and now he's in St. Louis.

My macro criticism of the Blues is they probably didn't add a ton of footspeed to play that modern up tempo game, and I predict it will be their down fall.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
i can agree with you on that. As per his stats and ability he reminds me of shattenkirk. We just dont need that on our team. We have several good young dmen in our system. Edds is #1, Dunn, #2 Mikola/walman #3. We need a strong RHD man After parayko the guys just are not cutting it. We cant afford to pay what gards wants nor should we try to.

In all honestly this thread started out with ridiculous prop and has turned into a bickering match. You guys want parayko but think he isnt worth what his price is deemed. Blues fans do not want to trade parayko or schwartz. SO i think the best thing to do is just end this thread.

Come on though dude Shattenkirk? Gardiner's underlying numbers are ridiculous and he is almost always at the end of the night in the positive for generated chances for even if he has a highlight reel blooper once a week.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Matthews+ for Paryako you say, I dont like Gardiner, dont like that people try and defend him, dont like that there is another one of these threads when its obvious Blues fans dont want to trade Colton, but what you posted there with the Matthews+ is way worse than all of the previous Paryako threads combined. You out derped them all man.
No i was talking about Petro. If you think your getting Petro think Mathews.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I wouldn't necessarily call O'Reilly a massive upgrade either. He was super hyped up going to Buffalo as a Bergeron lite. Had no impact on a winning team, and now he's in St. Louis.

My macro criticism of the Blues is they probably didn't add a ton of footspeed to play that modern up tempo game, and I predict it will be their down fall.
Thats were Schwartz, Kyrou Thomas Come in. Honestly ROR is no slouch he seems pretty speedy

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Come on though dude Shattenkirk? Gardiner's underlying numbers are ridiculous and he is almost always at the end of the night in the positive for generated chances for even if he has a highlight reel blooper once a week.
Thats how i View him. Shattenkirk like. I am sure he is better defensivley but they generated same amout of points and are both liabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad