Proposal: STL/TOR Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
No thanks from this Blues fan. The Blues don't have a personnel issue, they have a coaching staff that couldn't lead a line of preschoolers to a bathroom break successfully if they had a map.

I'd much rather wait for Yeo to be fired and then see what the new coach can do before I look to trade personnel.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
More like Parayko is a top pairing d-man although he isn't and yet we get told how Nylander is just a 60 point winger. You blues fans love to project what Parayko could be but won't do the same with a guy who's 3 years younger.
then why was he the best dman in worlds. He started as not playing and climbed
Gardiner is leading the league in 5 on 5 ice time this year and was in the top 5 last year as well. I wouldn't say he isnt dependable lol....

I followed the playoff series last summer. HE was aweful, you can deny it all you want, but when leaf fans call him out for being horible in his own end and from watching him play reminds me of shattenkirk. We dont want him or his ufa status. Why does every canadian team try to dump their problems on the blues and expect our best young talent back.

MTL it thomas, OTT it was schwartz or Kyrou or thomas, EDM parayko, TOR parayko .

I have to gove wpg credit they havent been creating crap tons of post asking for our players.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I love it when someone drops a bunch of expering contract-players who looks for big $ and requests players on good deals back...

Let me guess, you cheer for the Leafs, and thinks everyone should just give what Leafs need?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I love it when someone drops a bunch of expering contract-players who looks for big $ and requests players on good deals back...

Let me guess, you cheer for the Leafs, and thinks everyone should just give what Leafs need?
Agreed
Parayko and Schwartz are on great deals, In my opinion their skill levels exceed what they are being paid. Where as Nylander wants 7-8 mil and i dont think he is worth more than 6mil at the moment.

Blues are set the way they are unless you want to trade fredrick anderson?

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
So the Blues give up the better forward and the much better defenseman. Makes sense.

Feel like Schwartz is getting undervalued quite a bit here.

Always is. This thread may cement him as the most underrated player in the league.

Even Nylander for Parayko straight up doesn't work for the Blues. It happened very quickly, but the Blues are actually pretty loaded at forward now, but now for the first time in a decade have serious defensive concerns.

Reactions: Colt55

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Nylander for Parayko is a good base. In NO way shape or form is Gardiner anywhere near as valuable as Schwartz. Schwartz plays first line in STL and Gardiner makes an idiotic play every single game without exception. Gardiner is a glorified bottom pairing PP defense. The only reason his point totals were high last season was because he was their PP QB. He's a forward dressed as a dman.

STL hangs up and doesn't return Debas' calls

Laughable. Just f***ing laughable.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
So the Blues give up the better forward and the much better defenseman. Makes sense.

Always is. This thread may cement him as the most underrated player in the league.

Even Nylander for Parayko straight up doesn't work for the Blues. It happened very quickly, but the Blues are actually pretty loaded at forward now, but now for the first time in a decade have serious defensive concerns.

I think the most underrated player in the league has to go to Auston "Score more than 60 points he's not better than XYZ who he is clearly better than" Matthews or Morgan "not sure he is a top 4 D even though he has played like a #1 D going into two seasons" Rielly.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Laughable. Just ****ing laughable.
Then why do you guys trash him. He was, perleaf fans from their team board, the worst dman on the leafs squad. You guys rag on this player then say he is the goat.
Just do what everyone else does in contention either trade him to a team that wants that or keep this great player for your run. But the blues do not need or want him on our team. We dont need offence from our defense, we need defense from our defense

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I think the most underrated player in the league has to go to Auston "Score more than 60 points he's not better than XYZ who he is clearly better than" Matthews or Morgan "not sure he is a top 4 D even though he has played like a #1 D going into two seasons" Rielly.
Let me guess your a leafs fan. Schwartz was point per game before and after he got hurt. Mathews is a stud. I think highly of morgan reilly. he has more offense but parayko is the better defender. Schwartz at this moment is the packaged deal Nylander isnt even playing nor did he out perform schwartz last year.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Then why do you guys trash him. He was, perleaf fans from their team board, the worst dman on the leafs squad. You guys rag on this player then say he is the goat.
Just do what everyone else does in contention either trade him to a team that wants that or keep this great player for your run. But the blues do not need or want him on our team. We dont need offence from our defense, we need defense from our defense
Gardiner is a 3d and nowhere near the worst on the Leafs, that title probably goes to Hainsey right now. Gardiner is the 2nd best D-man on the Leafs and put up 52 points last year.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011

Sorry are we a collective group? Find me a post of me bashing Gardiner? You can't, I have been one of his biggest f***ing supporters on here for over two years. Just because there are idiots in the fan base who can't evaluate talent doesn't mean that he sucks or is worthless.

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
Let me guess your a leafs fan. Schwartz was point per game before and after he got hurt. Mathews is a stud. I think highly of morgan reilly. he has more offense but parayko is the better defender. Schwartz at this moment is the packaged deal Nylander isnt even playing nor did he out perform schwartz last year.

I mean Schwartz is 4 f***ing years older man. Nylander last season was 21 on his ELC. Either way I never said he was trash, but considering how under rated Matthews and Rielly have been on here over the past several months it's laughable to suggest he is the MOST under rated.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Sorry are we a collective group? Find me a post of me bashing Gardiner? You can't, I have been one of his biggest ****ing supporters on here for over two years. Just because there are idiots in the fan base who can't evaluate talent doesn't mean that he sucks or is worthless.
it was collective group. I am sure i can find a post from playoffs with you bashing him

Kamiccolo

Aug 30, 2011
it was collective group. I am sure i can find a post from playoffs with you bashing him

I am sure I said he had a bad game, but you can't point at someone saying he played like shit in an emotional game thread as proof that they bash them and think they are garbage.

I've been saying for months Gards will be a cap causality and will suddenly be good and have respect as a good #3 D as soon as he isn't a Leaf. Just like with JVR who got torn apart on the mains for years only to be told letting him go at 7M AAV was a mistake, or like Kessel who was a locker room cancer cap dump you don't win with who is now loved and acknowledged as a good player.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I am sure I said he had a bad game, but you can't point at someone saying he played like **** in an emotional game thread as proof that they bash them and think they are garbage.

I've been saying for months Gards will be a cap causality and will suddenly be good and have respect as a good #3 D as soon as he isn't a Leaf. Just like with JVR who got torn apart on the mains for years only to be told letting him go at 7M AAV was a mistake, or like Kessel who was a locker room cancer cap dump you don't win with who is now loved and acknowledged as a good player.
i can agree with you on that. As per his stats and ability he reminds me of shattenkirk. We just dont need that on our team. We have several good young dmen in our system. Edds is #1, Dunn, #2 Mikola/walman #3. We need a strong RHD man After parayko the guys just are not cutting it. We cant afford to pay what gards wants nor should we try to.

In all honestly this thread started out with ridiculous prop and has turned into a bickering match. You guys want parayko but think he isnt worth what his price is deemed. Blues fans do not want to trade parayko or schwartz. SO i think the best thing to do is just end this thread.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Did the OP consider anything other than wanting Parayko on the Leafs? Lets actually look at this proposal.
St. L - In the past 2 years they have added Schenn (27), O'Reilly (27), Perron (30), Bozak (32) and Maroon (30) - pretty sure this isn't a re-build.
St. L - RHD depth without Parayko - Pietro, Bortuzzo, Schmaltz and Reinke - not exactly the deepest position
St. L - Cap space. The Blues have no cap space and are currently operating under LTIR - so adding Nylander at anything close to his ask (7.5-8) in exchange for Parayko (4 x 5.5) would require the Blues to move out additional $$

St. Louis doesn't need Nylander, cant afford Nylander and can't replace the hole on RHD internally.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
we already have Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin Bokk coming. What we dont have is another parayko. Does that make sense

I'd be looking at Pietrangelo more than Parayko in a hypothetical Blues tear down. And Nylander would fit in nicely in that group.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Nylander and Parayko makes sense and probably could happen but I don't think Gardiner would get the Leafs Schwartz.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'd be looking at Pietrangelo more than Parayko in a hypothetical Blues tear down. And Nylander would fit in nicely in that group.

Any hypothetical involving the Blues should be about who they're going to replace Yeo with. Nylander isn't a need here and neither is Gardiner so the Leafs would be the only team really benefitting here.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Yeah, Nylander and Parayko makes sense and probably could happen but I don't think Gardiner would get the Leafs Schwartz.
Not looking at positional need or team composition, if Nylander was signed for 4 more years at $5.5 then he would be on even ground with Parayko. An unsigned Nylander holding out for $8+ is not equal value to Parayko.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Did the OP consider anything other than wanting Parayko on the Leafs? Lets actually look at this proposal.
St. L - In the past 2 years they have added Schenn (27), O'Reilly (27), Perron (30), Bozak (32) and Maroon (30) - pretty sure this isn't a re-build.
St. L - RHD depth without Parayko - Pietro, Bortuzzo, Schmaltz and Reinke - not exactly the deepest position
St. L - Cap space. The Blues have no cap space and are currently operating under LTIR - so adding Nylander at anything close to his ask (7.5-8) in exchange for Parayko (4 x 5.5) would require the Blues to move out additional $$

St. Louis doesn't need Nylander, cant afford Nylander and can't replace the hole on RHD internally.

I swear its been stated several Times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad