Proposal: STL/TOR Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't see why the extra pieces would be needed here. The proposal really should be Parayko for Nylander. Clearly it makes sense for the Leafs but the Blues, I don't think so. If they continue to struggle to put up wins and find themselves out of the playoffs by US Thanksgiving, then maybe. I doubt that will happen though, they are a solid team. That said, I have a hard time seeing them higher than a wildcard spot due to the strength of their division.
I dont think there is any scenario where Parayko is put on the block unless he wants out. The Blues are all out of sorts coaching wise. The forward lines are already clogged up as it is. I dont think they would be interested in adding Nylander at the price he wants.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
This is a bit of a hmer-ish trade. The Blues are giving up way to much here. Paryko for Nylander is a solid base for a trade but Schwartz for 1 year of Gardiner before he becomes a UFA is not.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I would be looking at Pietrangelo actually. Similar to the McDonagh exodus out of NYR. That would be a long term play.
Yeah well maybee, cant say he wouldnt want to go home. But if blues are going to trade Petro then you better be prepaired to pay a kings ransom. He is tons better than mcdonaugh Top 5-10 dman in league. Your talking two first and a great prospect. Posssibly even more. Thats if blues are stupid and dont resign him

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
This is crazy and I’m not even a parayko fan.

If you can sign Marner for under 5.5 a year we can talk if you include him instead. But I wouldn’t give up parayko at his salary for an over priced nylander or Marner.

Reactions: Colt55

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
To STL:
Jake Gardiner
William Nylander

To TOR:
Colton Parayko
Jaden Schwartz

Analysis: Nylander can fit into the top line with Tarasenko, bumping Steen down one spot. Nylander has also played with Bozak and can play with him if necessary. Gardiner gives STL a better puck moving defenseman. Toronto gets a good two-way forward in Schwartz to sit on the third line with Kadri; Parayko gives the Leafs a much more solid defensive defenseman with sandpaper.

Money: TOR takes on 10.8M in contracts; STL takes on 4.05M (which expires next year) and can give Nylander 6.75M to balance out the impact.

At least to me, at face value, both teams benefit from this trade, IMO. Thoughts?
Why would the Blues want Gardiner on an expiring contract.

Reactions: Colt55

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
This is crazy and I’m not even a parayko fan.

If you can sign Marner for under 5.5 a year we can talk if you include him instead. But I wouldn’t give up parayko at his salary for an over priced nylander or Marner.

A 2nd pairing Dman is not worth Mitch Marner, as good as he may be.

Edit: And neither Nylander nor Marner will end up overpriced.

Reactions: BAM and Mork

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
even if you went for a full tear down. Parayko, Dunn and the like would be a major part of the rebuilt team, it's not like they are 30. There would still be no reason to trade defenceman like that.
I have a feeling petro is going to be like a lindstrom/chelios and have a long career into his late thirties. His wife is from stl and they just had tripplets I really doubt he would want to leave or she would leave to raise her kids by herself in a strange town. He has a beautiful home in one of the fancier neighbor hoods in Ladue. I doubt he leaves st. louis. Armstrong will give him what he wants.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
exodize Gardiner and Schwartz from this trade and you have an interesting framwork for a deal.

If anything you wouldn't add Gards/Schwartz but maybe Leafs D prospect for Blues F prospect added in could be interesting.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Actually parayko is the 2nd best dman on the blues and is stuck behind petro. Its Obvious you dont watch him play. He is 35-40 point dman with great size great shot and skates very well. oh yeah Offensive RHD.

Its funny everyone says he is great #3 but yet just about every fanbase onb HF boards wants him and blues fans dont want to get rid of him. What does that tell you is he overrated or is he very desirable.

Most #3 dmen are not desirable. So this rhetoric of him being sheltered or him being a #3 not that great is BS. Lets just say blues have zero need to trade him so it would take a huge over payment to pry him from blues hands
1. Parayko has never had the deployment of a top pairing d-man.
2. How can he be a 35-40 point d-man when his career high in points is 35? Offensive RHD score more than 35 points a year.
3. great shot? Cool, doesn't mean jack shit if you can't translate it into games, he's had 4 goals and 6 goals in the last 2 years respectively. Morgan Rielly doesn't have a great shot and he's got 2 more goals than Parayko over the past 2 seasons.
4. He's a good 3d right now, until he gets the deployment for anything more than that you can't call him a top pairing d-man.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Parayko holds more value than both Nylander and Gardiner combined; If you're fishing for Parayko, you're looking in the range of a Marner+.

Regards,
Leaf Fan.

Seriously overrating the value of a DMan who's never played on the top pair (And I think Parayko is good).

It's crazy to even mention Marner, let alone Marner +. I've watched Parayko play a tonne, too. Leafs fans really overrate the dude cause he's big and right handed.

Marner for Parayko would be Hall for Larsson level bad.

Reactions: Mork

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Seriously overrating the value of a DMan who's never played on the top pair (And I think Parayko is good).

It's crazy to even mention Marner, let alone Marner +. I've watched Parayko play a tonne, too. Leafs fans really overrate the dude cause he's big and right handed.

Marner for Parayko would be Hall for Larsson level bad.

Just my opinion - I really like (Parayko's) game. I think he's a hell of a player and value him as much I value Marner - and that's saying a lot.

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Just my opinion - I really like (Parayko's) game. I think he's a hell of a player and value him as much I value Marner - and that's saying a lot.

Maybe wait for him to actually prove he's a top pairing DMan before saying he's as valuable as Marner.

Again, Hall for Larsson 2.0

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Parayko holds more value than both Nylander and Gardiner combined; If you're fishing for Parayko, you're looking in the range of a Marner+.

Regards,
Leaf Fan.
I appreciate you assement. I still wouldnt trade him for marner. Not with our defense the way it is

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
200.webp

Reactions: HighNote

Aintboutdatlyfe

Oct 21, 2017
Or maybe allow other people to have an opinion that's different than your own?

You're allowed to have your own opinion and I'm allowed to tell you that your opinion is wrong (In my opinion, which I value significantly more than your opinion, obviously)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Maybe wait for him to actually prove he's a top pairing DMan before saying he's as valuable as Marner.

Again, Hall for Larsson 2.0

Marner is not as good as Hall, and Parayko is much better than Larsson. People ONLY say Parayko is not a #1 because we have a top 10 Dman to take most of the tough duty in Petro, Every time Colt is put in those spots he handles it. Petro is clearly a top end #1 but Parayko is lower end #1 all day. The ONLY problem with his game is the fact that he is a big freaking teddy bear. If he was mean he would be an absolute force on the ice.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Actually parayko is the 2nd best dman on the blues and is stuck behind petro. Its Obvious you dont watch him play. He is 35-40 point dman with great size great shot and skates very well. oh yeah Offensive RHD.

Its funny everyone says he is great #3 but yet just about every fanbase onb HF boards wants him and blues fans dont want to get rid of him. What does that tell you is he overrated or is he very desirable.

Most #3 dmen are not desirable. So this rhetoric of him being sheltered or him being a #3 not that great is BS. Lets just say blues have zero need to trade him so it would take a huge over payment to pry him from blues hands

Habs don’t want him

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Or maybe allow other people to have an opinion that's different than your own?
They keep saying he is needs to prove himself. He did in worlds. But then they say well thats not the nhl. The guy gets 23 minutes a night. Has the stats of a first liner but is behind petro.

I need all leaf fans to answer me one question. If you were to acquire Parayko, (never gonna happen but) which line would he play on.
Second question. Is he currently better than all your RHD dmen. Is he currrently better than all of EDM RHD.
But he cant prove to be a #1 rhd ok.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Watch him play maybe. He's better than Tarasenko imo. Plays fast, gritty, and smart.
I do watch them play, Tarasenko is better and so is Nylander. Comparing their first 2 seasons just makes it more obvious who is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->