danfromwaterloo

Dec 16, 2010
To STL:
Jake Gardiner
William Nylander

To TOR:
Colton Parayko
Jaden Schwartz

Analysis: Nylander can fit into the top line with Tarasenko, bumping Steen down one spot. Nylander has also played with Bozak and can play with him if necessary. Gardiner gives STL a better puck moving defenseman. Toronto gets a good two-way forward in Schwartz to sit on the third line with Kadri; Parayko gives the Leafs a much more solid defensive defenseman with sandpaper.

Money: TOR takes on 10.8M in contracts; STL takes on 4.05M (which expires next year) and can give Nylander 6.75M to balance out the impact.

At least to me, at face value, both teams benefit from this trade, IMO. Thoughts?

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Nylander for Parayko is a good base. In NO way shape or form is Gardiner anywhere near as valuable as Schwartz. Schwartz plays first line in STL and Gardiner makes an idiotic play every single game without exception. Gardiner is a glorified bottom pairing PP defense. The only reason his point totals were high last season was because he was their PP QB. He's a forward dressed as a dman.

STL hangs up and doesn't return Debas' calls

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
To STL:
Jake Gardiner
William Nylander

To TOR:
Colton Parayko
Jaden Schwartz

Analysis: Nylander can fit into the top line with Tarasenko, bumping Steen down one spot. Nylander has also played with Bozak and can play with him if necessary. Gardiner gives STL a better puck moving defenseman. Toronto gets a good two-way forward in Schwartz to sit on the third line with Kadri; Parayko gives the Leafs a much more solid defensive defenseman with sandpaper.

Money: TOR takes on 10.8M in contracts; STL takes on 4.05M (which expires next year) and can give Nylander 6.75M to balance out the impact.

At least to me, at face value, both teams benefit from this trade, IMO. Thoughts?

What is wrong with you. This is a hell no.Wow. This isnt going to end well not at all. GOOD LUCK!

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Nylander for Parayko is a good base. In NO way shape or form is Gardiner anywhere near as valuable as Schwartz. Schwartz plays first line in STL and Gardiner makes an idiotic play every single game without exception. Gardiner is a glorified bottom pairing PP defense. The only reason his point totals were high last season was because he was their PP QB. He's a forward dressed as a dman.

STL hangs up and doesn't return Debas' calls

Nylander for parayko is not a good base. It doesnt address a need for st. louis. His value his higher than nylander and blues coulsnt fit 7-8 mil under the cap. We have tarasenko as #1rw with Kyrou soon to be #2 in near future. We can not replace colt and our biggest issue right now is defense.

I have a feeling TOR is going to be the next EDM on parayko trade threads.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I'd say Parayko has slightly more value than Nylander, mainly due to potential. Right now though Parayko is a good 3.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'd say Parayko has slightly more value than Nylander, mainly due to potential. Right now though Parayko is a good 3.
Actually parayko is the 2nd best dman on the blues and is stuck behind petro. Its Obvious you dont watch him play. He is 35-40 point dman with great size great shot and skates very well. oh yeah Offensive RHD.

Its funny everyone says he is great #3 but yet just about every fanbase onb HF boards wants him and blues fans dont want to get rid of him. What does that tell you is he overrated or is he very desirable.

Most #3 dmen are not desirable. So this rhetoric of him being sheltered or him being a #3 not that great is BS. Lets just say blues have zero need to trade him so it would take a huge over payment to pry him from blues hands

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Nylander for parayko is not a good base. It doesnt address a need for st. louis. His value his higher than nylander and blues coulsnt fit 7-8 mil under the cap. We have tarasenko as #1rw with Kyrou soon to be #2 in near future. We can not replace colt and our biggest issue right now is defense.

If TOR added Sandin to Nylander, I'd think that could get it done.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If TOR added Sandin to Nylander, I'd think that could get it done.
Please explain to me why the blues would trade thier second best dman (whom we can not replace) for an offensive player that wants more money than he is worth. Blues are not having issues scoring goals. We are in win now. Our defense is having issues.

So please why would we trade our stud dman for a current hold out that can not fit under the blues cap. cause we dont have any cap left

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I don't see why the extra pieces would be needed here. The proposal really should be Parayko for Nylander. Clearly it makes sense for the Leafs but the Blues, I don't think so. If they continue to struggle to put up wins and find themselves out of the playoffs by US Thanksgiving, then maybe. I doubt that will happen though, they are a solid team. That said, I have a hard time seeing them higher than a wildcard spot due to the strength of their division.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia

I thought we were already way ahead of EDM on outlandish Parayko threads. Seemed to be a new one every few days for a while.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I thought we were already way ahead of EDM on outlandish Parayko threads. Seemed to be a new one every few days for a while.
You guys are getting close. Edm was 2 straight years of wanting to trade but not what we needed. It was great. Very similar but you guys are not that bad yet. I think the hold out aspect has gotten a few tor fans heated

Reactions: Griffin76

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If I'm the Leafs looking to make a deal with the Blues, I wait for their current situation to play out, while resolving Nylander's contract and let his value grow on the ice. In a 12-18 months, if the Blues are trending down, see if we can make a play a bigger piece in a hypothetical Blues tear down.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
If I'm the Leafs looking to make a deal with the Blues, I wait for their current situation to play out, while resolving Nylander's contract and let his value grow on the ice. In a 12-18 months, if the Blues are trending down, see if we can make a play a bigger piece in a hypothetical Blues tear down.
Blues dont tear down they mearly re-vamp. Last tear down was when That Walmart owner sold off our players then team to the group before stilman bought them.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Blues dont tear down they mearly re-vamp. Last tear down was when That Walmart owner sold off our players then team to the group before stilman bought them.
even if you went for a full tear down. Parayko, Dunn and the like would be a major part of the rebuilt team, it's not like they are 30. There would still be no reason to trade defenceman like that.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
even if you went for a full tear down. Parayko, Dunn and the like would be a major part of the rebuilt team, it's not like they are 30. There would still be no reason to trade defenceman like that.

I would be looking at Pietrangelo actually. Similar to the McDonagh exodus out of NYR. That would be a long term play.

Reactions: ToneDog

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Parayko holds more value than both Nylander and Gardiner combined; If you're fishing for Parayko, you're looking in the range of a Marner+.

Regards,
Leaf Fan.

Reactions: Colt55 and E76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad