Confirmed Trade: [STL/CAR] Justin Faulk (14% retained), 2020 5th for Joel Edmundson, Dominik Bokk, 2021 7th

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The Blues had 4 LHD that deserve to be in the lineup on a nightly basis with Dunn, Edmundson, Jbo and Gunnarsson. So either they would need to run some sort of combination of Eddy/Gunnar/Dunn for the third pairing or they clear one of those spots and pick up a much better d-man than Edmundson.

The Blues can still afford to sign Petro to a new contract now have insurance if he wants to move on or in case of injury and now have a better defense overall.

The self belief that Blues have shown last season is just freakin' impressive regardless of their defensive combination

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Did Bokk struggle hard after being drafted ?

I figured Edmonston was on his way out because of the contract this off season.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Did Bokk struggle hard after being drafted ?

I figured Edmonston was on his way out because of the contract this off season.
Word is that he regressed during his time in the Swedish league.

Honestly, what I saw at last year's prospect camp wasn't all that special. He may turn out to be a great player, but the Blues have some good players stacked up. One reason they didn't sign Maroon is that they needed the roster space.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
To be honest, I don't think the Canes did that well here. Edmundson's in his UFA year. He's worth a 3rd or so considering. Bokk is probably worth his draft slot (25OA), maybe less. The Blues got an extension out of it and it meant little or nothing to Faulk's value; given how the trade market is shaping up for RD, that type of return may not have been out of line for a rental Faulk.

Burynai

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis
I really can't complain about the moves the Blues have made the last few years. Not everything has been perfect, but they know what they're doing.

Reactions: Blueston

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Is it crazy to think Pietrangelo must be moving on at the end of the year? Piet, Parayko, and Faulk for the distant future makes no sense, and I really don't see the Blues trading Parayko.

Reactions: Pandaman11

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
do you know what the so called advanced stats were saying about the Blues until January last year?

yea.... these are ****ing garbage stop using them like they are all truth!
Lol, lighten up Francis. Nobody said they are all the truth. It’s just another datapoint and opinion by a guy and I thought was interesting. If it triggers you so much, don’t read the post when you see charts in it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Is it crazy to think Pietrangelo must be moving on at the end of the year? Piet, Parayko, and Faulk for the distant future makes no sense, and I really don't see the Blues trading Parayko.

Seems like a nice luxury to have...

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
The Canes essentially wound up with a plug-and-play replacement for De Haan and balance out their left side/ride side with Gardiner in/Faulk out. It just took a winding course to get there.

No, because TVR is injured and won't start the season

Slavin-Hamilton
Gardiner-Faulk
Edmundson-x (pick one of Fleury, Bean, McKeown, Sellgren, Priskie)

So by this projected lineup you’re telling me it was actually Pesce dealt to St. Louis and not Faulk

SC2GM

May 16, 2016
I've wanted Faulk for years, and Edmundson is a bum. I didn't even want the Blues to sign the guy this offseason, because I doubted anyone would even take him in a trade given how bad he was last season. Guy is overpaid, even if only 1 year left on the deal. He has zero offense. He has no speed. He was getting dunked on every game he played in the playoffs, which led to him becoming a permanent fixture on the bench.

I saw Edmundson's giveaways to takeaways stats a few months ago, and it was so beyond pathetic that I don't even want to look it up again because it's vomit inducing. Holy christ this guy is bad. His arbitration hearing was a guy robbing a bank.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Habs will waiver-claim one of their surplus D out of spite.

Well, they already had their chance with McKeown or Claesson and didn't as they passed through waivers. Bean, Priskie and Sellgren don't require waivers and the Canes aren't going to waive Fleury.

But if the Habs want to put in a claim on Gustav Forsling if he's waived, I'm sure that will really show the Canes.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
It's an interesting trade in that it doesn't really fill an immediate need for either team despite a lot of assets going both ways and both teams being legit contenders.

It makes Carolina worse in the short term, I know they are deeper than everyone on D, but it does make em worse this year. I suppose picks/prospects is the best they were gonna do for an expiring contract (and Edmundson or someone else can probably be moved for a pick).

And it makes the Blues maybe a little better this year, but it compounds the salary crunch next season. But if Pietrangelo does leave, it doesn't leave the Blues completely high and dry because they don't have much in the system (or Petro signs and he goes to Seattle).

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
I wish Edmundson the best of luck and hope the change of scenery does him well. His best season was his rookie year when he primarily played with Parayko, since then he has gone backwards.

Eddy was redundant on the Blues with Bortuzzo bringing the same kind of game but being the better of the two. There was little chance of both being in the lineup at the same time which led to Eddy spending a lot of time in the press box down the stretch and into the POs. When everyone was healthy Eddy was typically the odd man out.

The Blues can afford to resign Petro and keep Parayko as i dont see Schenn coming back. Thomas will spend more time this year at center and move into Schenn's spot next year. The centers will be ROR, Thomas, and Bozak. Thomas' current spot on the wing will be replaced by Kyrou (speed) or Kostin (size/toughness). If Petro doesnt come back they can keep Schenn or use the money to sign a different Dman.

The more interesting thing is what happens with the expansion draft

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
How so??? They still have Laine and Connor to sign and until there’s an official announcement on Byfuglien, they don’t have cap space.

Need based. I don't think anyone has to do much convincing to say that they need D and two win-now window D just got snapped off the market.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Why do you think that trio doesn't make sense?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
They won't according to Waddell. They view Edmundson as somebody they actually needed given their third pair situation - TVR is out for probably a couple months to start the season and whoever of Fleury/Bean/Priskie/Forsling/McKeown etc. wins the 6/7 jobs will need a steady presence playing with them.

Now, if Bean or whoever proves themselves by the trade deadline and TVR was healthy, I could see a trade happening then.

They'll then have to waive Forsling or Fleury, no? And another one when TVR is back? Or they'll carry 8 Ds?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00