Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Stamkos is the best captain this organization has ever had
Yet Dreger reported that JBB has asked both Stamkos and his represenitive for him to consider waiving. These are different times. I do not like the idea I would prefer to move Cirelli and a player and sign Sergi and Chernak but JBB will do what he has to do any way of looking at it its like taking a bite of a turd sammich we are not going to like the outcome.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Yet Dreger reported that JBB has asked both Stamkos and his represenitive for him to consider waiving. These are different times. I do not like the idea I would prefer to move Cirelli and a player and sign Sergi and Chernak but JBB will do what he has to do any way of looking at it its like taking a bite of a turd sammich we are not going to like the outcome.
This is a bad move. They just won the cup, the organization is not desperate to win. The Vinik year have been blemish free. Creating a PR disaster like this would be ridiculous. All to save Anthony freaking Cirelli? No way.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
This is a bad move. They just won the cup, the organization is not desperate to win. The Vinik year have been blemish free. Creating a PR disaster like this would be ridiculous. All to save Anthony freaking Cirelli? No way.
I gotta agree. Vinik can kabosh any JBB move; no way, Vinik would even enable that discussion to move forward.

To me, this sounds like some underling of JBB's had a convo with JBB in jest/joking and the underling being stupid, joked about it to a friend who then ... it got to TSN boys.

There are numerous reasons Vinik is widely considered the best owner in any league, let alone ours... Stammer isn't leaving, unless Stammer wants out (he doesn't).

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't think they're actively shopping Stamkos, they were just checking in with him in case they get an offer. Leave no stone unturned and whatnot.

There's like a 99.9% chance this is exactly the case. Odds of actually trading him? Even less. I'd be more than a little surprised if every GM didn't do this with all their NMC players. If nothing less it's an update

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think they're actively shopping Stamkos, they were just checking in with him in case they get an offer. Leave no stone unturned and whatnot.
I think this is what's happening. I mean, if someone offered a handful of talents on ELCs, we'd have to explore it. But I don't think this is something that's going to come together. It's not Stamkos vs Cirelli, because that choice is easily Stamkos. JBB is probably weighing the returns, but I'd be shocked if he actually moves.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
There were a few rumours that he did leave the bubble, we all thought it could have been due to injury but god it was so much worse..

Heart breaking news.

Reactions: PJ817

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Where can we listen,read this?
It is the Athletic, paid content.

Joe also said it looks like Forslund will be the next lightning broadcaster
Give credit where it is due. Erik Erlendsson is the one that got this scoop. You can read it at his Lightning Insider site here, also paid content

The Stanley Cup journey of Steven Stamkos: Part Two - The Family Heartbreak, The Healing and The Inspiration from his second family

Or you can read about it free from Tampa Bay Times

Steven Stamkos reveals why he left the bubble to Lightning Insider

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Give credit where it is due. Erik Erlendsson is the one that got this scoop. You can read it at his Lightning Insider site
One other aspect I have to give both Stammer and his wife great credit for ... how absolutely devastating it was to lose their child and also to be best friends with someone who is similarly pregnant (Heddy's wife, Sanna is due about the same time as Stammer's wife was).

The class both wives and players showed the love between them.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
Forslund would be nice. I've enjoyed listening to him whenever we've been on national TV and he's been calling.

Agreed his calls on some of our goals are pretty epic

Point Columbus ender and Kucherov goal with 8 seconds left were good ones this year

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Anyone get a glimpse of EE's latest stamkos update that just dropped? They supposedly talk about his future here

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It is the Athletic, paid content.

Joe also said it looks like Forslund will be the next lightning broadcaster

How did I miss this? I've been wondering when we'd find something out because you really want to give a fellow time to move to the Bay Area and settle in before the chaos that is November/December and figuring out how everyone's gonna spend time together. Otherwise, this is fantastic news. I can f*** with some Johnny Forslund.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
:laugh:
upload_2020-11-20_16-58-53.png

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Rasmus Ristolainen shared a funny story about him and Stamkos in a Finnish podcast. In a Sabres-Lightning game (this was when there were rumors of Risto potentially coming to Tampa) the Sabres where on a PK and Risto went to tell Stamkos to keep his shots low so he doesn't hit him in the face. Stamkos responded "I don't want to injure you, you're playing with us next week". Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad