Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pretty amazing to think by the end of his career he's gonna be in the Hall of Fame AND in the "what could have been" column.

Provided no more random acts of God happen and lockouts I think we can still hold out hope for 600 goals by the end of his career. I don't know if he will drop off but it'll be close if even if he does. "What could have been" in a healthy career without lockouts would've been a question of if he made the 700 club

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Provided no more random acts of God happen and lockouts I think we can still hold out hope for 600 goals by the end of his career. I don't know if he will drop off but it'll be close if even if he does. "What could have been" in a healthy career without lockouts would've been a question of if he made the 700 club
Not really, he would've gotten there easily. Unless he ages horribly.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not really, he would've gotten there easily. Unless he ages horribly.

Truth be told, I was being modest for the sake of that fact.

Age hits guys differently and for some it just smacks the f*** out of them. Like Lucic went from 24-18-20-23 goal seasons in 4 years to 10-8-6 goal seasons after he turned 29. Mike Richards was another REALLY bad example dude didn't get to like 28 before he was washed up. A healthy Stamkos at 47 goals a year average (not unimaginable in my book) by the end of year 12 has 564 goals and at 30 years old. But I'm not betting on him getting the last 136 goals for 700 if his body breaks down as rapidly as Lucic or Richards.

If that doesn't happen? Then yeah you're right and it's a matter of which giant he surpassed

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Age hits guys differently and for some it just smacks the f*** out of them. Like Lucic went from 24-18-20-23 goal seasons in 4 years to 10-8-6 goal seasons after he turned 29. Mike Richards was another REALLY bad example dude didn't get to like 28 before he was washed up. A healthy Stamkos at 47 goals a year average (not unimaginable in my book) by the end of year 12 has 564 goals and at 30 years old. But I'm not betting on him getting the last 136 goals for 700 if his body breaks down as rapidly as Lucic or Richards.

If that doesn't happen? Then yeah you're right and it's a matter of which giant he surpassed

The one thing in Stamkos' favor is his commitment to training and conditioning off the ice. With Gary Roberts in his ear he'll always be one step ahead in terms of nutrition and training. We just have to hope the injury history doesn't catch up to him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

lmao age isn't the reason either of those guys fell off.

Reactions: The Macho King

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Picking up where he left off, his play since the start of 18/19 has been his peak thus far. He's worked all the mental flaws out of his game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He scores twice last night were it not for Delia/Keith stopping him on the breakaway
He could've just put the puck in himself when Delia turned it over as well. Passing it to Palat actually almost ruined it but it worked out in the end.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Before the Kuch injury all I was reading (everywhere, not just Hfboards) was trade Stamkos, put him on LTIR, etc.
I think the fact that we won a cup without him might have pushed him in the off-season. He looks like he's in a different gear.

Reactions: The Gongshow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad