Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
JBB said someone unexpected may move. Stamkos may go to Toronto? Could it finally be happening?
More likely it’s McD or Sergachev he’s talking about. But my guess is as good as yours.

Don’t see Stamkos traded let alone waive his full NMC. With his injury history who would even be willing to take that risk?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think he needs to leave Gary Roberts and try something different! I think it was good when he was younger but he should look and go to the trainer Marty St. Louis had .

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
My son died many years ago. I was a college senior, trying to become a doc. Just a senior in college, alone... cannot fathom the strength of mind and soul to play NHL hockey after that ... so much respect for our Captain, and deepest condolences :(

I am sorry to hear that and I'm sure it was one of roughest ruts in your life. I do hope life got better for you and things turned positive after the aspect and experience. I cant fathom losing a kid with my gf when we have an almost 4 year old son coming up in November.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

God I hope he can come back to who he was, but still love that goal he scored and the celebration on the bench.

LEGENDARY MOMENT IN LIGHTNING HISTORY.

Guy ripped his groin again and still sniped. Such a boss move. Guys still an elite sniper. While we were up 2-0 at that point, that goal really rallied the boys and really motivated them, maybe even gave them a 2nd wind for the rest of the series. There was no way the boys were gonna lose that one, got that W for the captain

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015
Confused...was this his son Carter who passed or did his wife lose a baby during pregnancy/miscarriage

Reactions: gn2007

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I am sorry to hear that and I'm sure it was one of roughest ruts in your life. I do hope life got better for you and things turned positive after the aspect and experience. I cant fathom losing a kid with my gf when we have an almost 4 year old son coming up in November.
I'd be lying if I didn't say the death dropped me off a cliff into an abyss. He'd have been 34 this year, 35 in March. That said, my 2nd son is almost 29 and the light of my life. He has made me a better person than I ever thought I could be and I do believe, his angelic brother has kept him safe.

Life, if given a chance, is good - joy naturally follows. ty again <3

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Confused...was this his son Carter who passed or did his wife lose a baby during pregnancy/miscarriage

It looks like it was during the playoffs run..they were going to have a second kid in january but 21 weeks the pregnancy ended. I bv read the article by erik erlendsson and goes in depth about how much he and his bv wife went through during the bubble

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This man lost his unborn baby in the middle of a championship run.........

He lost his family he will never get to see, love and hold............

I don't even have words right now. I'm devastated and this isn't even my baby we're talking about here.

I didn't understand at the time why and how the team rallied around a guy so much who was around seemingly to play cheerleader the whole time. Steven if I ever actually see you again I'm giving you the kind of hug only a father understands. The closest I've ever gotten was getting to raise a little munchkin starting when she was 5 years old. It's gonna be awkward as hell and you'll probably get creeped out. But it's the only way I can express how I actually feel about this. Buddy, you've got one hell of a wife to be able to go through that by herself as long as she did without you. Who let you go back to winning a Cup. Unreal man

After all this I don't think I can ever have a negative word to say again and I'm being serious

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pretty clear now why all the players and people in the organization were praising him so much and made sure he was the first and key figure with the cup.

Lord. Thats awful shit.

It's not a wonder why they won and were as dominant as they were now. They were doing it for him as much as anything.

Reactions: DFC

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I dont have words about all of this. Best wishes to Stammer and his wife! He is the real Captain.After game he played he looked really sad on postgame interview,I thought he looked like this,cuz he either knew he wont be playing more in play offs,or that his injury will not allow him to play at all,but now I understand why he looked so sad. My Captain! Best wishes again to him and his wife!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I dont have words about all of this. Best wishes to Stammer and his wife! He is the real Captain.After game he played he looked really sad on postgame interview,I thought he looked like this,cuz he either knew he wont be playing more in play offs,or that his injury will not allow him to play at all,but now I understand why he looked so sad. My Captain! Best wishes again to him and his wife!
Stamkos is the best captain this organization has ever had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad