Player Discussion: Steven Stamkos - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Top 5 goal in franchise history, change my mind.

If Tampa goes on to win the cup, this is moment becomes iconic in Tampa Bay Lightning History.

Another flukey injury, Stamkos stays in the bubble and works his ass off to get back into the line up, scores on his first shot in his limited minutes, gets hurt again but stays on the bench and supports the boys. HUGE captain move, imo. The boys rallied behind him. Awesome story, even if the outcome is we don't see Stamkos lace them up again this post season.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I kinda disagree. Stamkos can only play if he can be considered a reasonable bet to give good ice time. Back-to-back, even with a little bit of overtime...last thing you need is to overstress the forwards by Stamkos being in the lineup and then barely playing again.

I understand the intention and the feel-good part of it. I don't think it's an advisable idea.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Yeah can’t have him play just two minutes with the rest of the team having played less than 24 hours ago. Either he plays a regular game, say 10-15 minutes, or not at all.

Reactions: Hoek

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Heard more rumours he might retire??

I'll be so gutted of that's true. I'm hoping the guy comes back motivated as **** for next season.

IFFFF this is true we'd def need a top 6 winger to replace that production, johnson and Killorn eint gonna fill those skates (and clearly didn't this post season). someone to help Point and Kuch

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Heard more rumours he might retire??

I'll be so gutted of that's true. I'm hoping the guy comes back motivated as **** for next season.

IFFFF this is true we'd def need a top 6 winger to replace that production, johnson and Killorn eint gonna fill those skates (and clearly didn't this post season). someone to help Point and Kuch

I've calmed down on his situation enough to try not to speculate too much. But I mean, worst case? He doesn't come back? Well, I mean, he has to do what's best for himself and his family, and the team just won a cup. Hire him as a professional motivator and there's no reason to think we won't be fine. Considering we just dominated a post-season.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't think he's retiring. The fact he wasn't ruled out to play again even after his 3 minutes TOI tells us the nature of his injury is not career ending. In the very highly unlikely event he has to retire, I think we're still going to be okay considering we basically won the Cup without him.

But we'll figure it all out in a few days

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Where exactly are these retirement rumors coming from? I don't believe it for a second. He's 30 years old. In a bad injury scenario I could see a year of LTIR.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it weird that they're still not saying anything though? I feel like after losses we find out the injury situation within a few hours (Tyler Johnson's broken wrist). Maybe it's different with wins?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Where exactly are these retirement rumors coming from? I don't believe it for a second. He's 30 years old. In a bad injury scenario I could see a year of LTIR.
Yeah he has quite a few more paychecks to collect.

But it is probably referring to LTIRetired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad