Confirmed with Link: Steve Yzerman to be introduced as new GM of Detroit | Pat Verbeek joins him as AGM

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Ya but he may become a core player! Cernak could take a step back this season defenseman can be funny like that till they hit 300 games played

I'd put my money on Cernak over Sergechev. Serge refuses to engage at the blue line which killed us in March and April

Reactions: Unfinished Business

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
@DaBolts @Unfinished Business Serge is also only 20; it takes D a few years to get more developed

Heddy had 3 more years of national club development and Olympics under his belt than Serge when Heddy started playing for Bolts

I'd give Serge another 1-2 years with Heddy before throwing him out - I think he'll develop into a great defensemen and is only going to get bigger and stronger

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'd put my money on Cernak over Sergechev. Serge refuses to engage at the blue line which killed us in March and April
I
Think cernak and sergachev will both be top 4 guys but for sure sergachev took a step back for defenseman most of
The time they take steps back till they get that nhl experience of 250 games to 300 games in them.

Reactions: PJ817 and DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
@DaBolts @Unfinished Business Serge is also only 20; it takes D a few years to get more developed

Heddy had 3 more years of national club development and Olympics under his belt than Serge when Heddy started playing for Bolts

I'd give Serge another 1-2 years with Heddy before throwing him out - I think he'll develop into a great defensemen and is only going to get bigger and stronger

Not saying to dump him, but if he doesn't start understanding the game better, he won't make it. I'd give him 2 more years also, just no yuge contract until he's proven himself. I think Cernak's harder road to the pros has given him a much better hockey IQ. Now he needs to learn how to fight.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
So SY took Murray. I guess he truly is burning down the organization he built.

It's not done, still a rumor at this point.

Personally, I think Al Murray/TB's drafting/scouts are overrated. Their 1st round picks have not been great, some duds in there.

Of course they hit the jackpot in later rounds, but that is mostly luck. Sure they get some credit for picking those players instead of other teams, but really when you get a superstar in the 3rd or lower rounds, they had no idea the player would be that good

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
So SY took Murray. I guess he truly is burning down the organization he built.
The Detroit Free Press is reporting both Murray and Verbeek are going to DET.

Didn't know:

https://detroitsportsnation.com/loo...ker/detroit-red-wings-news/04/19/2019/203623/

It has also been speculated that Al Murray, who just completed his ninth season with Tampa Bay as director of amateur scouting, could potentially accompany Yzerman to Detroit. Murray was responsible for drafting Nikita Kucherov (128 points this season), Brayden Point (92 points), and goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Murray also worked with the Los Angeles Kings and drafted stars such as Jonathan Quick (2012 Conn Smythe Trophy winner) and Anže Kopitar.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Detroit Free Press is reporting both Murray and Verbeek are going to DET.

Didn't know:

https://detroitsportsnation.com/loo...ker/detroit-red-wings-news/04/19/2019/203623/

It has also been speculated that Al Murray, who just completed his ninth season with Tampa Bay as director of amateur scouting, could potentially accompany Yzerman to Detroit. Murray was responsible for drafting Nikita Kucherov (128 points this season), Brayden Point (92 points), and goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy.

Murray also worked with the Los Angeles Kings and drafted stars such as Jonathan Quick (2012 Conn Smythe Trophy winner) and Anže Kopitar.

Sounds like they're just piggy-backing McKenzie's speculation.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
im unsure what is going on with murray i expect verbeek but unsure any others would like to keep barb and stacy roest if we lost murray... he has done a great job imho but he has missed at times as everyone does we do not know how it all works since most of the time is way more then murray involved... I hope he stays i want our development to stay more then our scouting personal myself....

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Not saying to dump him, but if he doesn't start understanding the game better, he won't make it. I'd give him 2 more years also, just no yuge contract until he's proven himself. I think Cernak's harder road to the pros has given him a much better hockey IQ. Now he needs to learn how to fight.
Sergachev won’t get a huge contract he will be bridged for probably three years till he proves him self more

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
im unsure what is going on with murray i expect verbeek but unsure any others would like to keep barb and stacy roest if we lost murray... he has done a great job imho but he has missed at times as everyone does we do not know how it all works since most of the time is way more then murray involved... I hope he stays i want our development to stay more then our scouting personal myself....
I for sure think Murray is going there along with verbeek! Every one else who knows but there will be more going

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
If Murray was to leave he will go to a team to become there GM. Is Yzerman really going to do us dirty I just can’t see it happening.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah that's what I don't get. Why go to be in the same spot he was before. At least here he would make more of a name for himself without Yzerman stealing the credit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I would say Sergachev has a higher ceiling, but Cernak is more of a sure thing to be a good defenseman, mainly because there aren't really many flaws in his game right now. Even when Sergachev is playing his best, there are flaws. Cernak's best may not be as good, but his average game is a lot better.

With defensemen who regress in their sophomore years, it's mainly because, like Sergachev, their flaws become more visible while their best qualities get buried/neutralized. Cernak's just really, really good at playing a simple, physical game, and his offense is a bonus. If the offense dries up completely, he's still going to be a huge asset, IMO, which we saw at certain points this year, before he got confidence with his offense.

Reactions: DaBolts

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yeah that's what I don't get. Why go to be in the same spot he was before. At least here he would make more of a name for himself without Yzerman stealing the credit.
because him and yzerman are close and may the redwings owner will pay him more money

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Murray watch

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
There's not to much left to build here, and for anyone who loves the process of making a contensing NHL team from scratch, the Lightning right now are boring. The Lightning will change a few pieces here and there but the majority of this cores work is done. Detroit is like the brand new toy....

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
There's not to much left to build here, and for anyone who loves the process of making a contensing NHL team from scratch, the Lightning right now are boring. The Lightning will change a few pieces here and there but the majority of this cores work is done. Detroit is like the brand new toy....
If the work is done, we a screwed. This core is not built for the playoffs and needs to be tweaked at the least but reconstructed at the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad