Confirmed with Link: Steve Yzerman to be introduced as new GM of Detroit | Pat Verbeek joins him as AGM

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It’s pretty disappointing that the man who built the organization up could care less about tearing it down.
"Tearing it dowdown" sounds quote dramatic. Verbeek is the Assistant GM and if him following Yzerman ruins us, we would've been ruined anyway.

Yzerman is not tearing anything down, if our organization goes downhill from here, it's because of our new management and not because of him. If any Bolt fan feels that Yzerman betrayed us or whatever then they're absolutely delusional.

In the end it's just a job for him. I could care less how the businesses do who I've previously worked for.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'm concerned about losing Verbeek as he played a physical game in his own career. This is a huge inflection point in TBL history, and at least on here, getting physically tougher still seems pretty popular.

JBB could replace Verbeek with a guy that doesn't mind the physical game, but it's mostly up to JBB now. At least when you have Verbeek, you know that he can be that voice in the management group.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I dont think JBB has the stones. We will miss Yzerman. I believe Yzerman would have made a change behind the bench. JBB is unproven and Yzermans shadow. Nothing more. If Murray goes too? Yuck.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Certainly looks like it will be a interesting off season for us if the Murray and Co join Stevie. I wouldn’t have thought that we could have potentially lose all 3 at once. JJB needs to get it right this off season both on and off the ice.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Certainly looks like it will be a interesting off season for us if the Murray and Co join Stevie. I wouldn’t have thought that we could have potentially lose all 3 at once. JJB needs to get it right this off season both on and off the ice.
Unless these guys get a promotion/raise, what is their incentive to stay here? They built a monster of a roster that should have won a cup. Instead it shit the bed in historic fashion. What are they gonna do now? Sit around and hope this team doesnt blow it AGAIN, or go to a legacy franchise and build a cup team up there?

We're about to witness the downturn of our little run here - both on the ice and in the front office.

Reactions: PJ817 and ultra63

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Unless these guys get a promotion/raise, what is their incentive to stay here? They built a monster of a roster that should have won a cup. Instead it **** the bed in historic fashion. What are they gonna do now? Sit around and hope this team doesnt blow it AGAIN, or go to a legacy franchise and build a cup team up there?

We're about to witness the downturn of our little run here - both on the ice and in the front office.
Yep when you sign a guy rutta to play in your top 6 on defenseman that a downfall beginning

Reactions: PJ817

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Unless these guys get a promotion/raise, what is their incentive to stay here? They built a monster of a roster that should have won a cup. Instead it **** the bed in historic fashion. What are they gonna do now? Sit around and hope this team doesnt blow it AGAIN, or go to a legacy franchise and build a cup team up there?

TB can probably be corrected with tweaks. Leaving for Detroit now would mean years of building with no guarantee of success.

Reactions: Cmac66

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Jbb extended cooper prematurely.

He sat on his hands at the dead line.

He signed Rutta.

He's on fire. Dumpster.

Reactions: PJ817

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Really tough offseason for the lightning. Losing Yzerman, Verbeek and now potentially sounding like Murray is ridiculous. The Brayden Point contract could make or break the offseason though. Something reasonable would make it alright but if he gets like 11 million.. LOL that would be brutal

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Really tough offseason for the lightning. Losing Yzerman, Verbeek and now potentially sounding like Murray is ridiculous. The Brayden Point contract could make or break the offseason though. Something reasonable would make it alright but if he gets like 11 million.. LOL that would be brutal
No way in hell point gets 11 million per year here he won’t get more then kucherov got . If point does a 3 year deal he probably gets 7 avv. If point does a 8 year deal he probably gets 8.5 avv.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
No way in hell point gets 11 million per year here he won’t get more then kucherov got . If point does a 3 year deal he probably gets 7 avv. If point does a 8 year deal he probably gets 8.5 avv.

I dont think hell get 11 either but who knows on if he gets more than Kucherov. Kucherov signed a little earlier than when all these young guys set a precedent of getting paid as RFAs. He probably a lso sees that Kucherov is already seemingly underpaid in the league. He could realistically get 10 something with inflation.

I really doubt Point signs 3 years though after the season he just had

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Jbb ... Dumpster.
That would be an upgrade, to me.

Next year's playoff teams in EC? (Don't hate & I do hope I'm wrong)

Isles
Caps
Pens
Boston
Leafs
Panthers (Q + Bob + Panarin)
Habs
Canes
Devils (they have like $26M in cap space and are getting Hughes)

This was the year and JBB fubarred it up pretty well; signing Coop was a disaster in the making from long ago; the team follows the leaders lead and Coop is well, a dumpster fire.

Reactions: ultra63

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com

Isles
Caps
Pens
Boston
Leafs
Habs
Canes

This was the year and JBB fubarred it up pretty well; signing Coop was a disaster in the making from long ago; the team follows the leaders lead and Coop is well, a dumpster fire.
LOL, now you don't even think the Lightning are a playoff team? You guys are hilarious.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Since they were not a good team in the playoffs they may not overexert themselves next year in a meaningless regular season after their playoff embarrassment

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Since they were not a good team in the playoffs they may not overexert themselves next year in a meaningless regular season after their playoff embarrassment
So the team's thought process is that you can't get embarrassed in the playoffs if you don't make the playoffs.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Isles
Caps
Pens
Boston
Leafs
Habs
Canes

Jesus christ could you be any more dramatic? What a joke.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Jbb extended cooper prematurely.

He sat on his hands at the dead line.

He signed Rutta.

He's on fire. Dumpster.

All great moves. Gourde contract was nice as well. It’s nice to have a gm you can trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad