Confirmed with Link: Steve Yzerman to be introduced as new GM of Detroit | Pat Verbeek joins him as AGM

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Just heard on NHL Sirius that Al Murray will be going with him. WTH. That's really bad. I guess Yzerman is taking a few people with him. He's going to neuter us. Terrible, I have no faith in that clown I saw yesterday.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Just heard on NHL Sirius that Al Murray will be going with him. WTH. That's really bad. I guess Yzerman is taking a few people with him. He's going to neuter us. Terrible, I have no faith in that clown I saw yesterday.
Is this officially confirmed? That would be real bad news.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This summer is crucial for the franchise. This is either the beginning of our descent to mediocrity or the summer we make the changes to win some championships. I hope JBB is ready, because Yzerman is going to want to bring his guys. He and Vinik can't let that happen.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I hope I don't see one Lightning fan being angry at Yzerman for his decision after all he did for this organization.
I am HAPPY for him but this is a dagger; he's also taking the lead scout and Verbeek with him.

Tampa is neutered

Detroit will be competitive in 2020 and into the playoffs in 2021

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Vinik better step up and pay al murray more money
I don't think it's about money at this point; these guys want to work for a winner - in the playoffs winner - not a pretender

The writing was on the wall in the fall; I really hoped money could keep Yzerman here (lol) and he'd stay to undo JBB and Coopdapoop but ...

Wish him the best!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad