State of the Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I think we are about where we belong in our division. CGY, SJS, and VGK are all pretty clearly better than we are. And I think we're better than all the teams under us, especially if we get everyone back in the lineup. So that pretty much means a wild card spot is a likely scenario.

Reactions: Getzmonster

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
The fact that there is a Ryan Getzlaf thread on the Trade Rumors sub is basically all we need to know about the State of the Ducks :sarcasm:

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
So one of our major issues right now (among many) is the power play, right?

Thoughts on the following as a try for the 1st PP unit? Sorry for the rough sketch. I'm awful at this stuff.

PP1.png

This obviously would be a rough setup if we're set up in the O zone.
  • 4F 1D setup
  • Getz is along the left sidewall, and covering the corner and behind the net. He could technically relocate on the other side for a nice cross-ice one-timer for Sprong...but here I'm looking for Getz to pass to D or the other side with a nice zippy pass to open up some space to get Sprong a nice shot.
  • Sprong should be tried in the Ovechkin zone.
  • Ritchie seems to be our best net-front presence right now. He should create havoc there.
  • Kase (or Rakell once he's healthy, or whomever else you see fit as a slightly roving guy on the other side)
  • The one D covering the blue line.
Now of course I'm not saying they don't leave these zones, and the more they're actually in motion, the harder it will be for the opposing team to get their D set. But I'd personally like to see something along these lines tried at least. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Thoughts on the following as a try for the 1st PP unit? Sorry for the rough sketch. I'm awful at this stuff.

PP1.png

• 4F 1D setup
  • Getz is along the left sidewall, and covering the corner and behind the net. He could technically relocate on the other side for a nice cross-ice one-timer for Sprong...but here I'm looking for Getz to pass to D or the other side with a nice zippy pass to open up some space to get Sprong a nice shot.
  • Ritchie seems to be our best net-front presence right now. He should create havoc there.
  • Kase (or Rakell once he's healthy, or whomever else you see fit as a slightly roving guy on the other side)
Now of course I'm not saying they don't leave these zones, and the more they're actually in motion, the harder it will be for the opposing team to get their D set. But I'd personally like to see something along these lines tried at least. Thoughts?

I like that setup and the personnel behind it. It’s preferable that the D is a left shot although if it is a right shot it gives them the option to quickly whip it to Sprong for the one timer. Ideally I would want Fowler or Lindholm as the D, both have strengths and flaws it just depends on which is more important - fowler is better at zone entry, handling the puck and his passing game is more consistent where as Lindholm has a better shot, walks the line better and is much better at getting pucks through.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So if the Ducks lose to the Sens in embarrassing fashion, they'll have to fire RC right?
They need to bench Silf then, he always has points vs Ottawa. I hope he's traded to the eastern conference cause he's gonna do to us what he's done to Ottawa since the trade.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Carlyle is unable to demote Kesler to 4th line, even Mike Scioscia would move Pujols down the lineup.
4th line + PK minutes is more than Enough for Kesler.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Carlyle is unable to demote Kesler to 4th line, even Mike Scioscia would move Pujols down the lineup.
4th line + PK minutes is more than Enough for Kesler.
Kesler was on fourth line at the end of the game last night with Rowney in between silf cogs although I’m not sure if that was him trying new combos to get something going or he actually did a good

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden

PP1.png

• 4F 1D setup

Ok, I spent maybe to much time on this.

2ALiBuo.jpg

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Do you guys think there is any chance we can dump Kesler or Eaves this season to a team with cap space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad