State of the Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Yes but that’s because BB all of a sudden became available and Murray pounced on the opportunity.

I really wonder how much of our good play when Randy returned was due to MacLean being there.......we’ve pretty much sucked since he left

Reactions: Exit Dose

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Reactions: Exit Dose

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
:laugh:

RC not the only veteran decision maker going senile in Anaheim. Wonder what his excuse will be in a couple of weeks time when it's no better with only Perry missing.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Trying to get inside Murray's mind:

1. He has another coach in mind, just hasn't worked out the details/contract yet so is saying the right things until he can pull the trigger.
2. He's given up on this year and figures he'll just ride it out with RC and go hunting during the offseason.
3. He wants to bring in Eakins, but why screw up what the Gulls have going on now. Just wait until the offseason.
4. He actually thinks RC is the best coach for this team.

If it's #4, I'm very afraid.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

1. He has another coach in mind, just hasn't worked out the details/contract yet so is saying the right things until he can pull the trigger.
2. He's given up on this year and figures he'll just ride it out with RC and go hunting during the offseason.
3. He wants to bring in Eakins, but why screw up what the Gulls have going on now. Just wait until the offseason.

3 too..........
If we are protecting SAN Diego vs watching the Ducks wallow our priorities are in the crapper

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

My vote is #3.

3 too..........
If we are protecting SAN Diego vs watching the Ducks wallow our priorities are in the crapper
I think GMBM's mindset is to not throw good money after bad. A coaching change is unlikely to have any material impact on this team's chances for success this season.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah but in Chicago they did Q a favor, doubt he wants to coach a Tank job.
That they had a 82 point pace before Q was fired just shows another example how good Q is.
Philly is supposed to suck anyways.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I had a dream we traded Lindholm for Tarasenko. That’s the type of thing Murray would do before firing a coach, he’s almost always resorted to the trade market before the coaching market.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I had a dream we traded Lindholm for Tarasenko. That’s the type of thing Murray would do before firing a coach, he’s almost always resorted to the trade market before the coaching market.

I'm glad it was only a dream. Fowler + pick or prospect for Tarasenko though i'd be happy with.

Reactions: wraparound

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

If it's not number one, then the Samuelis need to step in and order Murray to fire Carlyle. This is the team you have. It's a good roster. You need to make the necessary changes to fix it. Pining for a first overall at this point in the team's arc is setting the club up for a disaster. Do you really want to risk a trade request happening to achieve this? You have one of the best goalies in the game; remember Patrick Roy.

Reactions: Deuce22

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Welp i've joined the ranks of Ducks fans - my optimism has officially run out.

its clear as f***ing day we need a game breaking forward. Someone who can generate offense completely on their own and score 35-40+ goals every year.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Welp i've joined the ranks of Ducks fans - my optimism has officially run out.

its clear as ****ing day we need a game breaking forward. Someone who can generate offense completely on their own and score 35-40+ goals every year.
Yeah good luck getting that. How many teams actually have that kind of player?

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I don't see Murray getting fired after just signing an extension. Carlye is DEFINITELY gone by end of season. My concern is who will be the replacement. Is there a Trotz out there? Probably not... So maybe we can be progressive and get a younger and more creative coach like a Rams McVay... who are the best NCAA or SHL coaches available now? Didn't the ducks discover Wilson and Babcock young? We need to find another one of those and have them be our coach for the next 10+ years.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Yeah good luck getting that. How many teams actually have that kind of player?
Actually a majority of teams in the league have that kind of player its just a matter of cost and if they are willing to part ways. Lots of ambiguity in the Western Conference playoff race so its tough to tell who is a buyer and who is a seller.

On a related note, I have high confidence in BM finding a top 4 defensemen in the offseason if need be. With that said, we should definitely trade Fowler for a top 6 forward in the immediate future

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
On a related note, I have high confidence in BM finding a top 4 defensemen in the offseason if need be. With that said, we should definitely trade Fowler for a top 6 forward in the immediate future
Personally just don't see the Ducks trading Fowler due to his extremely limited NMC. Rather than keep throwing ideas that are unlikely to happen, I think we should be chatting about things that are more likely. Or, we can just spin our wheels in discussion...like the Ducks are doing with their game. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad