Speculation: Starting 2013-14 Roster (Want the Fan's eye view/hope/goal))

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
MacArthur at $4m... yikes...

Was working off of Jones/PAP numbers vs contract received. figured it might be high. Was debating Bozak instead to play on the RW and move Lando back to LW. ???? its all just guessing i guess

Also liked Bozak for another Faceoff Guy. Would give us 4 in the top 2 lines. But do not like Stazz or Lando on LW with Dutch so went with MacArthur in the end.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nope. I thought about it. Horrible trade. :laugh:

Here's the thing about Phaneuf. He's a big baby, always has been. You say he'd do better on the 2nd pairing, but if he's not getting top minutes and a top role he pouts. You seriously should've seen the Flames/Avs game I went to when both him and Bouwmeester were on the Flames. They rolled out the power play and both of them ran the points. Should've worked, right? Wrong. Phaneuf took the puck in the defensive zone and wouldn't let Bouwmeester get anywhere near it, wouldn't ever pass to him. Ever. Even if Bouwmeester was open or if a forechecker/PKer were bearing down on him. Seriously, even though J-Bo was/is the better outlet passer and could probably skate it up better too. Remember one of the reasons Sutter finally dealt his golden boy was how disruptive he was in the locker room. The guy's a divisive presence and one of many foolish moves the Leafs made was pinning the C on him.

Gardiner could be awesome, but to trade our top player from last year and a potential top-5 pick for a guy who could be a top NHL defenseman and a guy who never has been? No, no, a thousand times, no. I have no desire whatsoever to bail the Leafs out of their current predicament, and that's pretty much what that trade would do, along with setting our own rebuild back a few years.

You got me there :laugh:

I guess my point is that I feel like this team has enough offense when healthy (which seems to be extremely difficult), I'm not a fan of drafting MacKinnon or Drouin or Barkov if we don't need them. We've got Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly (hopefully), Parenteau, McGinn, Downie, I think that's a sufficient top 6 if they would just be given freedom from Sacco to get a little creative and not be forced to dump and chase all the time.

The proposal I made, you made excellent points about Phaneuf, and my mind-set is that I would do Stastny + top 5 pick for two top four defenseman and a forward with some skill. So instead of Toronto, say something like Kulikov, Gudbranson and Matthias from Florida, or McDonagh, Del Zotto and Hagelin/Kreider from the Rangers, etc, something along those lines

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

I guess my point is that I feel like this team has enough offense when healthy (which seems to be extremely difficult), I'm not a fan of drafting MacKinnon or Drouin or Barkov if we don't need them. We've got Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly (hopefully), Parenteau, McGinn, Downie, I think that's a sufficient top 6 if they would just be given freedom from Sacco to get a little creative and not be forced to dump and chase all the time.

The proposal I made, you made excellent points about Phaneuf, and my mind-set is that I would do Stastny + top 5 pick for two top four defenseman and a forward with some skill. So instead of Toronto, say something like Kulikov, Gudbranson and Matthias from Florida, or McDonagh, Del Zotto and Hagelin/Kreider from the Rangers, etc, something along those lines

You might want to recheck. We were last in GF before last game and I don't think we moved up far. We absolutely lack top end skill. Stazz desperately needs a change and we don't know if firing Sacco would be enough. Lando's offense is still a question mark. PAP is nice but not first line caliber offense. The only guy who looks to have top tier offensive capability is Matt Duchene and even he has big question marks. We desperately need skill up front. The need on the backend might be more pressing but you are kidding yourself if you believe that we are "fine" at forward.

And stop trading our pick. That would be a franchise killing move!
And those proposals would be an absolute no from FLA or NYR unless we ship out a Top 3 pick and even than they would probably decline (atleast NYR would , Fla would maybe take it).
And trading a Top 3 pick is never a good move

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
Here is what I hope for next year:

With the 2nd overall pick Colorado are proud to select Seth Jones!

Forwards:
*Sign O'Reilly this summer, no point to sign him now for only 30 games.
*Trade Statsny for draft picks, I don't really care what we get in return at this point.
*Sign a decent UFA to play in the top9

Mcginn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie
UFA - Sgarbossa - Jones
Olver - Mitchell - Mcleod

Kobasew

With the D:
* Trade O'Brien for whatever we can get
* Trade Hejda for whatever
* Trade Hunwick for a couple Easton sticks

Barrie - EJ
Wilson - Seth Jones
Siemens - Elliot

O'Byrne
Zanon

Let the young guys develop and let them learn from their mistakes!

With this lineup I could see the Avs finishing in just outside of the playoff, depending on the injuries. If next year is anything like this year and we loose more than 1-2 topd 6 forwards for a long time, the Avs might get a top 5 pick again.

and finally for the start of 2013-2014:
*Trade David Jones
*Sign a free agent to play on the second line or in return of Jones

Mcginn - Duchene - Parenteau
Landeskog - O'reilly - UFA/trade
UFA - Sgarbossa - Downie
Olver - Mitchell - Mcleod

Seth Jones - EJ
Siemens - Elliot
Barrie - Wilson

Gaunce

I can see the Avs contending to the playoff with this roster.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I'd look again if I were you. We need high-skill forwards. What you saw following the deadline last season when guys like Downie and McGinn were seemingly finding the back of the net at will was a fluke, and it won't happen again. Yes, McGinn's run of bad luck thus far should improve if averages and shooting %'s level out over time, but it's highly unlikely we'll see that sort of production from those types of forwards on a consistent basis. We've seen it before when key players suddenly have high shooting percentages that are entirely unsustainable (remember T.J. Galiardi?). Once those players come back to earth, the offense suddenly dries up.

Yeah, right now, skill on the blueline is our most immediate need, but skilled scoring forwards are nowhere to be found in the system. We have Joey Hishon, who may never see a game in the NHL, and a bunch of nice two-way forwards and grinders to go along with some nice goaltending and defensive depth. Scoring wingers are a DIRE organizational need, otherwise we'll be the next Coyotes/Predators, a team that boasts plenty of speed and grit up front, some great talent on the blueline, but no elite finishers whatsoever. It's the difference between a playoff team and a true contender.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd look again if I were you. We need high-skill forwards. What you saw following the deadline last season when guys like Downie and McGinn were seemingly finding the back of the net at will was a fluke, and it won't happen again. Yes, McGinn's run of bad luck thus far should improve if averages and shooting %'s level out over time, but it's highly unlikely we'll see that sort of production from those types of forwards on a consistent basis. We've seen it before when key players suddenly have high shooting percentages that are entirely unsustainable (remember T.J. Galiardi?). Once those players come back to earth, the offense suddenly dries up.

Yeah, right now, skill on the blueline is our most immediate need, but skilled scoring forwards are nowhere to be found in the system. We have Joey Hishon, who may never see a game in the NHL, and a bunch of nice two-way forwards and grinders to go along with some nice goaltending and defensive depth. Scoring wingers are a DIRE organizational need, otherwise we'll be the next Coyotes/Predators, a team that boasts plenty of speed and grit up front, some great talent on the blueline, but no elite finishers whatsoever. It's the difference between a playoff team and a true contender.

What you saw in Downie is really what you get. In fact you could argue that you will see a better version of him when he fully recovers. His shooting percentage was absurdly low 4.9% compared to his career average of 14%. Downie is a solid 2nd line 15g 20-25a winger. With his time in the NHL, we know who he is.

As for McGinn, he is much more unknown. He never got a real shot in San Jose, and he finally got that here. He did shoot at a higher percentage when he got here 14.5% vs compared to his 10% over his career. He is shooting an absurdly low percentage so far this year, and that will turn around. 6 points in 11 games, while being snakebitten is good enough for a 2nd line wing.

This team needs lots of help all around. They need a top line finisher, a top pairing d, top 4 d, and probably a #3C with potential.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You might want to recheck. We were last in GF before last game and I don't think we moved up far. We absolutely lack top end skill. Stazz desperately needs a change and we don't know if firing Sacco would be enough. Lando's offense is still a question mark. PAP is nice but not first line caliber offense. The only guy who looks to have top tier offensive capability is Matt Duchene and even he has big question marks. We desperately need skill up front. The need on the backend might be more pressing but you are kidding yourself if you believe that we are "fine" at forward.

And stop trading our pick. That would be a franchise killing move!
And those proposals would be an absolute no from FLA or NYR unless we ship out a Top 3 pick and even than they would probably decline (atleast NYR would , Fla would maybe take it).
And trading a Top 3 pick is never a good move

You might also want to re-check who exactly is in the top 9 right now. Rather than:

Landeskog/O'Reilly/Downie
McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Hejduk/Stastny/Jones

we have:

McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Palushaj/Stastny/Jones
McLeod/Sgarbossa/Hejduk

Like I stated, when healthy, this team can score, they've proven it in the past. Those who are doubting what guys like Downie and McGinn did last season, why? Downie has proven to be a 40 point player while playing a very physical brand of hockey, he's done it twice already once in Tampa Bay and once here. McGinn is more of a doubt than Downie but from what I see out of McGinn I think he can be a consistent 20 goal scorer for this team, especially if playing in the top 6 I see him hitting 25/season. He's got an amazing shot, is a great skater and hits everything that moves; very similar to Downie. I don't doubt for one second that it was a hot streak last season that these two were on but at the same time, Downie found chemistry with O'Reilly and Landeskog and 3 players with chemistry is better than 3 players playing individually.

Parenteau is a 1st line winger, lets not kid ourselves here. He may not be the "flashy" 1st line winger, but he put up 53 points in his first full season, 67 in his next season and if it were an 82 game season this year he'd be on pace for 75 points, that is 1st line material in my eyes.

This team just needs to be given freedom on offense, not be forced to play Sacco's dump and chase grind it out style, because that doesn't suit this team yet he hasn't figured it out in this his 4th season.

Also, why would the Rangers decline? Stastny would look great on that 2nd line, and they'd have a lot of cap space seeing as how the 8.1 million owed to Redden and Drury is off the books next season. Yes McDonagh is a fantastic player and Del Zotto is a very good top 4 defenseman, but its a top 5 pick, potentially top 3 and heck, maybe even 1st overall if we continue on this path + a 2nd line centre for a top pairing d-man, a top 4 d-man, and a depth player.

I get it, people are not fans of trading picks that high and its basically a sure thing that guys like Jones, MacKinnon and Drouin develop into stars but I want this team to be better on the back end. As long as we have Hejda, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, Barrie etc all playing heavy minutes this team is going to suck

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Moves:

1. Trade Stastny, McGinn, Elliott and a 2nd for Corey Perry at the trade deadline.
2. If the first trade is not accepted, offer Corey Perry 8mill/per in the offseason. If it is accepted, resign Corey Perry for 8mill/per.
3. Draft Seth Jones
4. Resign Ryan O'Reilly for 3.75 mill/per
5. Sign Viktor Stalberg for 2.75 Mill/per
6. Sign Brian Bickell for 800,000 or alternatively trade O'Brien, O'Byrne
7. Resign Kobasew for 800,000
8. Trade away any loose ends... O'Brien, O'Byrne, McLeod etc

Parenteau/Duchene/Perry
Stalberg/Sgarbossa/Jones
Bickell/Mitchell/Kobasew

Olver/Vandergulik

Jones/Wilson
Johnson/Barrie
Hejda/Siemens

Gaunce/Zanon

Varlamov/Pickard

*** We've been in rebuild mode for so long... If this organization is serious about winning let's add a superstar to the growing core of youth. Duchene, Landy, O'Reilly (assuming we can resign), Sgarbossa, + Jones and Perry. We could be good.

*** People need to recognize that EJ has produced WAY below expectations and he IS NOT a #1 Dman. Wilson has been and will continue to be our best D man.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Moves:

1. Trade Stastny, McGinn, Elliott and a 2nd for Corey Perry at the trade deadline.
2. If the first trade is not accepted, offer Corey Perry 8mill/per in the offseason. If it is accepted, resign Corey Perry for 8mill/per.
3. Draft Seth Jones

Parenteau/Duchene/Perry
Stalberg/Sgarbossa/Jones
Bickell/Mitchell/Kobasew

Olver/Vandergulik

Jones/Wilson
Johnson/Barrie
Hejda/Siemens

Gaunce/Zanon

Varlamov/Pickard

*** We've been in rebuild mode for so long... If this organization is serious about winning let's add a superstar to the growing core of youth. Duchene, Landy, O'Reilly (assuming we can resign), Sgarbossa, + Jones and Perry. We could be good.

*** People need to recognize that EJ has produced WAY below expectations and he IS NOT a #1 Dman. Wilson has been and will continue to be our best D man.

1. That is a horrible trade for the Avs. That would set the organization back so far.
2.Corey Perry is not worth 8 million per season.
3.O'Reilly won't take 3.75 million. That is the entire hold up right now.
4. Stalberg wouldn't be an upgrade on the wings, if the Avs are healthy.
5.Bickell is the last thing the Avs need.
6.Wilson is no where near the Avs best defenceman.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Moves:

3. Draft Seth Jones

Parenteau/Duchene/Perry
Stalberg/Sgarbossa/Jones
Bickell/Mitchell/Kobasew

Olver/Vandergulik

Jones/Wilson
Johnson/Barrie
Hejda/Siemens

Gaunce/Zanon

Varlamov/Pickard

I assume you watch a lot of Avs hockey, and if so, you should be ashamed to be saying that. Erik Johnson is an outstanding player. Night in and night out he's our best D man, he literally has all of the physical tools you could want in a player, he just needs to become more consistent/find a better defense partner

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
You might also want to re-check who exactly is in the top 9 right now. Rather than:

McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Hejduk/Stastny/Jones

we have:

McGinn/Duchene/Parenteau
Palushaj/Stastny/Jones
McLeod/Sgarbossa/Hejduk

Like I stated, when healthy, this team can score, they've proven it in the past. Those who are doubting what guys like Downie and McGinn did last season, why? Downie has proven to be a 40 point player while playing a very physical brand of hockey, he's done it twice already once in Tampa Bay and once here. McGinn is more of a doubt than Downie but from what I see out of McGinn I think he can be a consistent 20 goal scorer for this team, especially if playing in the top 6 I see him hitting 25/season. He's got an amazing shot, is a great skater and hits everything that moves; very similar to Downie. I don't doubt for one second that it was a hot streak last season that these two were on but at the same time, Downie found chemistry with O'Reilly and Landeskog and 3 players with chemistry is better than 3 players playing individually.

Parenteau is a 1st line winger, lets not kid ourselves here. He may not be the "flashy" 1st line winger, but he put up 53 points in his first full season, 67 in his next season and if it were an 82 game season this year he'd be on pace for 75 points, that is 1st line material in my eyes.

This team just needs to be given freedom on offense, not be forced to play Sacco's dump and chase grind it out style, because that doesn't suit this team yet he hasn't figured it out in this his 4th season.

Also, why would the Rangers decline? Stastny would look great on that 2nd line, and they'd have a lot of cap space seeing as how the 8.1 million owed to Redden and Drury is off the books next season. Yes McDonagh is a fantastic player and Del Zotto is a very good top 4 defenseman, but its a top 5 pick, potentially top 3 and heck, maybe even 1st overall if we continue on this path + a 2nd line centre for a top pairing d-man, a top 4 d-man, and a depth player.

I get it, people are not fans of trading picks that high and its basically a sure thing that guys like Jones, MacKinnon and Drouin develop into stars but I want this team to be better on the back end. As long as we have Hejda, O'Byrne, O'Brien, Zanon, Barrie etc all playing heavy minutes this team is going to suck

I think you are way off. Look around. Who are we going up against?
Our division?
MIN: Parise, Heatley, Koivu, (Granlund, Coyle soon) + a decent blueline in the future
VAN: Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, + good blueline
EDM: Eberle, Yakupov, RNH, Hall, (Hemsky)
CGY: Iggy, Sven, Ok they suck

Other contenders in the West?
CHI: Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp + very good blueline
LAK (ya they suck right now but still): Kopitar, Carter, Richards + a great blueline
ANA: Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Selanne + potential great blueline
SJS : Marleau, Thornton, Couture, + great blueline

COL:? Duchene, maybe Landeskog,.....
who else deserves to be or will/could be in this kind of discussion in the future??
PAP? Not really, McGinn? Haha, no. Jones? Certainly not.
Any of our prospects? Nope. ROR? Unlikely and certainly not with the Avs. Same goes for Stastny.
So we have at best two guys with that kind of top tier (gamebreaking) offense. And our blueline still sucks beyond belief.
We are lacking top tier talent on the front and back.
We have depth on the wing but no "star" talent.

McDonagh is worth the 3rd pick (assuming Jones and MacKinnon are gone because Drouin is more of a questionmark) and certainly the Rangers would decline because they want to contend and McDonagh is a huge huge piece.
Stastny for DelZotto is arguably fair but when you look at the capsituation of the Rangers it is a no.
Adding Kreider swings it to absolute no for the Rangers.

Avs are 2 top 5 picks and a complete organisational cleanout (from Lacroix to Sacco) (and a deal with devil about stopping injuries) away from having a very bright future (with the chance for a Cup) ahead of them.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think you are way off. Look around. Who are we going up against?
Our division?
MIN: Parise, Heatley, Koivu, (Granlund, Coyle soon) + a decent blueline in the future
VAN: Sedin, Sedin, Kesler, + good blueline
EDM: Eberle, Yakupov, RNH, Hall, (Hemsky)
CGY: Iggy, Sven, Ok they suck

Other contenders in the West?
CHI: Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp + very good blueline
LAK (ya they suck right now but still): Kopitar, Carter, Richards + a great blueline
ANA: Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan, Selanne + potential great blueline
SJS : Marleau, Thornton, Couture, + great blueline

COL:? Duchene, maybe Landeskog,.....
who else deserves to be or will/could be in this kind of discussion in the future??
PAP? Not really, McGinn? Haha, no. Jones? Certainly not.
Any of our prospects? Nope. ROR? Unlikely and certainly not with the Avs. Same goes for Stastny.
So we have at best two guys with that kind of top tier (gamebreaking) offense. And our blueline still sucks beyond belief.
We are lacking top tier talent on the front and back.
We have depth on the wing but no "star" talent.

McDonagh is worth the 3rd pick (assuming Jones and MacKinnon are gone because Drouin is more of a questionmark) and certainly the Rangers would decline because they want to contend and McDonagh is a huge huge piece.
Stastny for DelZotto is arguably fair but when you look at the capsituation of the Rangers it is a no.
Adding Kreider swings it to absolute no for the Rangers.

Avs are 2 top 5 picks and a complete organisational cleanout (from Lacroix to Sacco) (and a deal with devil about stopping injuries) away from having a very bright future (with the chance for a Cup) ahead of them.

If you're going to put players like Heatley, Koivu, Kesler, Carter etc into those groups than you certainly better include Parenteau into that list. Also, I'm still a believer in Ryan O'Reilly playing for the Avs even if its looking like a 0.000001% chance right now with everything that has happened, so throw him into that equation as well if signed, and that, in my eyes, is 4 top flight forwards in Duchene, Landeskog, O'Reilly and Parenteau

The cap situation for the Rangers isn't that big of a problem considering the fact that they get 8.1 million off the books from Redden and Drury next season, and I put it as either Hagelin/Kreider so it would most likely be Hagelin. Rangers probably do decline because McDonagh is great but this is pure speculation, has no potential meaning, just my wishes. And two top 5 picks + a complete cleanout is a reeeeaaallllyyyy doubtful scenario, especially the latter, and I for one am sick of tanking. Duchene 3rd, Landeskog 2nd, and now two more? Please no

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
I assume you watch a lot of Avs hockey, and if so, you should be ashamed to be saying that. Erik Johnson is an outstanding player. Night in and night out he's our best D man, he literally has all of the physical tools you could want in a player, he just needs to become more consistent/find a better defense partner

Nope, sorry, but you're wrong. Erik Johnson might have a good frame and be a good skater, but he is not our best defenseman. He's put up only 1 point so far through 11 games. NAME ONE other top defenseman in the league with production like that. yeah. that's what I thought. A number one dman should at least be able to advance the puck to his forwards... Wilson is a better hitter, and a better passer. He has easily been our best defenseman so far this year. no contest. Open your eyes and see beyond the "amazing tools" brand that everyone gives johnson. Stop cutting him so much slack. 1 point is not cutting it. It is just not good enough. Johnson's a second pairing dman on any good team. I don't care where he was drafted. I care about what I see on the ice every night. Wake up people.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Nope, sorry, but you're wrong. Erik Johnson might have a good frame and be a good skater, but he is not our best defenseman. He's put up only 1 point so far through 11 games. NAME ONE other top defenseman in the league with production like that. yeah. that's what I thought. A number one dman should at least be able to advance the puck to his forwards... Wilson is a better hitter, and a better passer. He has easily been our best defenseman so far this year. no contest. Open your eyes and see beyond the "amazing tools" brand that everyone gives johnson. Stop cutting him so much slack. 1 point is not cutting it. It is just not good enough. Johnson's a second pairing dman on any good team. I don't care where he was drafted. I care about what I see on the ice every night. Wake up people.

*cough, cough*

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Disagree. The key word is PAIR Wilson was a decent pairing with Johnson and did play well (even Hunwick played ok), but I think the Avs can find a better defensive player than Wilson with similar offensive capabilities. This should free up Johnson's offensive instincts while still allowing the pair to play top minutes against good lines.
Wilson would be a very good match for Barrie/Elliot and Hejda playing with the other as the #2 and #3 pairings.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Shea Weber.

Man your argument is weak.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Shea Weber.

Man your argument is weak.

If Sherman was smart he would trade Jan Hejda for any of Tyler Myers, Adam Larsson, Dennis Seidenberg, Cam Fowler, Karl Alzner, or Jeff Petry because Hejda has more points so he's obviously better!

God forbid he gets a couple assists (3>=) assists and moves into the elite class of Drew Doughty, John Carlson, Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Dimitri Kulikov, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, or Dion Phaneuf.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If Sherman was smart he would trade Jan Hejda for any of Tyler Myers, Adam Larsson, Dennis Seidenberg, Cam Fowler, Karl Alzner, or Jeff Petry because Hejda has more points so he's obviously better!

God forbid he gets a couple assists (3>=) assists and moves into the elite class of Drew Doughty, John Carlson, Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Dimitri Kulikov, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, or Dion Phaneuf.

Maybe that guy is Joe Sacco? Would explain a lot.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Lol ok, so by your argument, Thomas Vanek is the best forward in the league, Tobias Enstrom is the best defenseman in the league, and Craig Anderson is far and away the best goaltender in the league. So I take it you don't watch the games a lot because the basis of your argument is looking at stats; reality check bud, nobody ever defined being a number 1 defenseman by how many points you put up. Yeah, Johnson has struggled to put up points to start the season, and that is partially his fault, but also partially Sacco's fault for using him ineffectively on the powerplay or, even worse, not even using him at all in favour of players like Matt Hunwick and Ryan Wilson. And boy oh boy was that Ryan Wilson ever playing good eh? He had WHOPPING 3 ASSISTS on the year, truly as one poster already said in the elite class of defenseman. Its you who needs to wake up

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Honestly, the Avs need to sacrifice a million or so goats to the hockey gods.

Ideally, if the Avs are out of it I'd like them to trade Jones, SOB, ROB, Zanon and the like for as much as we can get. If they can get a massive return for Stastny or O'Reilly I would trade them as well.

Right now my only keepers are:

Duchene, EJ, Varlamov, and Landeskog. Parenteau and Wilson I would keep as well, but if someone wants to overpay massively, go for it.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Ideally, if the Avs are out of it I'd like them to trade Jones, SOB, ROB, Zanon and the like for as much as we can get. If they can get a massive return for Stastny or O'Reilly I would trade them as well.

Duchene, EJ, Varlamov, and Landeskog. Parenteau and Wilson I would keep as well, but if someone wants to overpay massively, go for it.

Trading Stastny and O'Reilly basically means our rebuilding has been a failure and we need to start again at the bottom. Sucks.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Agree, adding Elliot and Barrie as keepers.
I'd take a younger&cheaper 2C and pick/prospect at this point for Stastny, because unless this team completely makes a run next year, I think he'll walk to StL. He'll be taking a pay cut regardless, so I doubt it would be in Colorado.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lol at Ron Hainsey. He is arguably winnipeg's worst dman right now. They absolutely hate him there and you guys are willing to make him the highest paid player on this team. He is the same as the other rejects we have on our point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad