Post-Game Talk: Stars win in Shootout 3-2. Chico night indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thinking about it I am not so mad about this game. Some nights just aren't your nights, and Dallas was on and just flat out outplayed us. We stole a point and I SHOULD be glad for that and say on to the next one.

What I AM pissed about is this game shouldn't of been a big deal because we should of taken care of business the last three games. We SHOULD of gotten a point out of the Sharks game. They weren't at their best, but our PK **** the bed and we didn't come on until to late.

We should of beat the Rags in regulation, never mind OT. Again the PK **** the bed and stupid play lead to a loss that should never have happened.

That is what annoys me. Tonight should of just been a bump in the road, but because they were sloppy as **** in previous games this game became more important then it needed to be.

Problem is the guys we need to depend on are not playing up to snuff. Cory isn't playing his best (he isn't, sorry, he isn't bad but we need better). Greene has definitely not been his best. We need more from Henrique, more from Ryder, Clowe, Zajac (where is he?!?), Elias (good god), and Jagr (he is getting better, but we need more). We need more from Camm, he was off to a fire hot start, but he has vanished. He had the last two games on his stick about 6 times and didn't bury one of them.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
They can be a little leaky in the defensive zone, but I think Dallas was easily the best team the Devils have faced so far. And by a wide margin. They're really building a strong hockey club there. I was very impressed by them.

I think NJ gave an honest effort. Problem is they just don't match up.

how did Dallas become so good after 1 off season, and why cant we

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Cory really needs to work on his shootouts. He's THE worst goalie I've seen other than Yann Danis. That first goal should have been an easy poke check

That hook by Henrique was about as undisciplined as I've ever seen. There was no reason to try to do a can opener at any time. If you're trying to cut down on penalties, that's something that should get you stapled to the bench

I thought Sal had an OK game. Greene on the other hand looks lost. He clearly misses Fayne.

Ryder was invisible once again.

Elias was terrible. This is about as bad of a game as I've ever seen him play. That OT shift was the worst shift I've ever seen him play.

Severson is sexy smooth

Cams, JJ, and Brunner were the best forwards tonight. Brunner has to be resigned Lou. He's got swag with the puck. Since you're not going to sign him in season, he'll walk and we'll replace him with, lemmeguess, Martin Erat...amirite?

JJ gets 7 minutes of ice time. Good positionally, hustling, made a few plays, and gets stapled to the bench. **** you Pete

I've come to the realization that this IS a mediocre roster and will go nowhere with Club Pete directing the entertainment. A brilliant tactician is useless if he can't manage the game and players correctly.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I definitely agree that the leaders of this team are not doing their jobs.

I attribute it to half of them signing fat contracts and phoning in their preparation.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cory really needs to work on his shootouts. He's THE worst goalie I've seen other than Yann Danis. That first goal should have been an easy poke check

That hook by Henrique was about as undisciplined as I've ever seen. There was no reason to try to do a can opener at any time. If you're trying to cut down on penalties, that's something that should get you stapled to the bench

I thought Sal had an OK game. Greene on the other hand looks lost. He clearly misses Fayne.

Elias was terrible. This is about as bad of a game as I've ever seen him play. That OT shift was the worst shift I've ever seen him play.

Severson is sexy smooth

Cams, JJ, and Brunner were the best forwards tonight. Brunner has to be resigned Lou. He's got swag with the puck. Since you're not going to sign him in season, he'll walk and we'll replace him with, lemmeguess, Martin Erat...amirite?

JJ gets 7 minutes of ice time. Good positionally, hustling, made a few plays, and gets stapled to the bench. **** you Pete

I've come to the realization that this IS a mediocre roster and will go nowhere with Club Pete directing the entertainment. A brilliant tactician is useless if he can't manage the game and players correctly.

JJ played 7 minutes because the entire 4th line only played about 7 minutes. Gio played 7:51, and Ruutu 7:04. We were losing and he leaned on the top 3 lines. He actually did what everyone on this board has been screaming at him to do, not overplay the 4th line.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Dallas missed the playoffs for 5 straight years before they made the playoffs last year....great hockey minds like that must be hard to find?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
JJ played 7 minutes because the entire 4th line only played about 7 minutes. Gio played 7:51, and Ruutu 7:04. We were losing and he leaned on the top 3 lines. He actually did what everyone on this board has been screaming at him to do, not overplay the 4th line.

true, but if there was a night to give the 4th line some third period shifts I think tonight was the night, JJ looked good and Gio was flying

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dallas missed the playoffs for 5 straight years before they made the playoffs last year....great hockey minds like that must be hard to find?

Jim Nill's only been the GM since the end of 2012-13 and he was basically Ken Holland's right-hand guy for years. Joey N was the Stars' GM before that and was clearly in over his head.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
true, but if there was a night to give the 4th line some third period shifts I think tonight was the night, JJ looked good and Gio was flying

I agree, but that means we have to actually give Gio credit too. I think he should of trusted them more instead of going bingo balls with the top lines. All their shifts were solid.

Just pointing out he did what many on this board wanted him to do. Cut Gio's and the 4th lines minutes.

devilsrock

Sep 14, 2005
Great Neck, NY

Severson is sexy smooth

That whole 4th line only got 7 minutes of ice time and looked good on every shift. It's a little puzzling why they didn't play more.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Jim Nill's only been the GM since the end of 2013. Joey N was GM before that and in over his head.

Now you're going yo make look up when the vast majority of their team was drafted or acquired...

He traded for Seguin and that makes him a genius?

OK? I guess?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I agree, but that means we have to actually give Gio credit too. I think he should of trusted them more instead of going bingo balls with the top lines. All their shifts were solid.

Just pointing out he did what many on this board wanted him to do. Cut Gio's and the 4th lines minutes.

and Lindy Ruff has only been there since 2013

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
What it all boils down to for me is your best players have to be your best players. Lately ours simply aren't getting the job done. It doesn't mean that they suck, or they have nothing left, or they should be traded. It just means they're not playing well. Let's just hope they turn it around quickly and avoid a lengthy losing streak.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Now you're going yo make look up when the vast majority of their team was drafted or acquired...

He traded for Seguin and that makes him a genius?

OK? I guess?

Traded for Seguin and Spezza, drafted Nickushin, among other things.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
not sure if serious but believable.

I bo lieve

Sort of right. Severson was one of the few bright spots. Kid got big minutes and looked good. Cory was shaky and the 2nd goal was charmin soft.

Greene was a mess.

Most of the forwards were invisible at best. I am not sure Elias even knows the season started. Brunner had lots of jump again. Camm looks good but is badly snakebiten. He could of easily had 3 tonight, but ended up with none.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What it all boils down to for me is your best players have to be your best players. Lately ours simply aren't getting the job done. It doesn't mean that they suck, or they have nothing left, or they should be traded. It just means they're not playing well. Let's just hope they turn it around quickly and avoid a lengthy losing streak.

What is annoying is we shouldn't even be on a damn losing streak. I'm still pissed about Tuesday night.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
from Wiki
Nill immediately made several major transactions starting with trading a 6th round pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to the Ottawa Senators for Defensemen Sergei Gonchar and signed him a 2 year, $10-million dollar contract. On July 4, 2013 in a blockbuster trade, Nill sent 2011 NHL All-Star Loui Eriksson and prospects Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith, and Matt Fraser to the Boston Bruins in exchange for the former 2nd overall pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft Tyler Seguin as well as Rich Peverley and Ryan Button. On the same day he traded prospect Philip Larsen and a 7th round pick in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft to the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for their captain Shawn Horcoff.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
After the amount of bashing Pete has taken for overusing the 4th line, it's hilarious that the criticism tonight is that Pete didn't use the 4th line - with Stephen Gionta on it - enough :laugh:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Everybody including the coach said we were outclassed ....yet a freakin terrible, terrible terrible turnover by Greene that should've NEVER happened and a terrible, terrible, terrible soft goal that should've never happened by Cory is all that was given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00