TV: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Final Season Official Trailer

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ray Park and Lauren Mary Kim were listed in the credits as Darth Maul and Ahsoka Tano performance so they did do motion capture for both characters.

What a great episode. Just wondering, did Maul and Ahsoka recognize each other when they met in Rebels? Oh and Ahsoka didn't realize who Darth Vader was until they fought in Rebels and she cracked his helmet.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Amazing episode

At 19:06, as Maul is lunging to fight Tano you can hear Palpatine's scream when he is jumping towards Mace Windu and the other Jedi in ROTS, so it must be happening at the same time

I wonder if that's why Maul was screaming, let me die, we're all going to die. Because by the end of that duel between Maul and Ashoka, Anakin had fallen and he felt it and knew his plans to disrupt Sidious were over.

I expect that Ashoka's going to head back to Coruscant, and we're going to get order 66, and we're going to get one last appearance by Padme when Ashoka calls her looking for Anakin.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I did, Maul does the spin with his light saber, growls and leaps and you hear it in the background at 19:05 or so.

The timing would make sense.

I hear what you're referring to, but I think that's just the music sounding like a scream. I don't think it's actually Palpatine's scream. The way Maul growled and attacked Ahsoka reminded me of when he attacked Obi-Wan during their final showdown in Rebels.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I hear what you're referring to, but I think that's just the music sounding like a scream. I don't think it's actually Palpatine's scream. The way Maul growled and attacked Ahsoka reminded me of when he attacked Obi-Wan during their final showdown in Rebels.

I listened to it several times with the volume really high and to me that's more music than a soundbyte.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Just wondering, did Maul and Ahsoka recognize each other when they met in Rebels? Oh and Ahsoka didn't realize who Darth Vader was until they fought in Rebels and she cracked his helmet.

Yeah, Maul and Ahsoka had a little exchange (from what I recall) in Rebels about their past meeting.

And Ahsoka knew who Vader was before their fight on that Sith planet/weapon. She figured it out when they were in a dogfight with each other before, I believe. He said something to the affect of "The apprentice lives" and she freaked out.

Yep:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I still think that we're going to get a scenario where Rex receives order 66 and like the rest of the clones attacks her (I don't think he's taken out the chip yet) and Maul saves her, then Rex puts together the chip with Order 66 and they remove it, and saves her again.

I doubt we get a scene with Vader and Ashoka, but she pretty much has to believe that Anakin is dead.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, Maul and Ahsoka had a little exchange (from what I recall) in Rebels about their past meeting.

And Ahsoka knew who Vader was before their fight on that Sith planet/weapon. She figured it out when they were in a dogfight with each other before, I believe. He said something to the affect of "The apprentice lives" and she freaked out.

Yep:

"I was beginning to believe I knew who you were, behind that mask. But it's impossible. My master could never be as vile as you."

"Anakin Skywalker is dead."
"Then I will avenge him."

She didn't know FULLY until she cracked his helmet and Vader spoke with Anakin's voice.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I still think that we're going to get a scenario where Rex receives order 66 and like the rest of the clones attacks her (I don't think he's taken out the chip yet) and Maul saves her, then Rex puts together the chip with Order 66 and they remove it, and saves her again.

I doubt we get a scene with Vader and Ashoka, but she pretty much has to believe that Anakin is dead.

We already know the chip won't work with all clones. My guess is Rex is one of them, I can't remember the other two from Rebels.

Last edited:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I wonder if that's why Maul was screaming, let me die, we're all going to die. Because by the end of that duel between Maul and Ashoka, Anakin had fallen and he felt it and knew his plans to disrupt Sidious were over.

I expect that Ashoka's going to head back to Coruscant, and we're going to get order 66, and we're going to get one last appearance by Padme when Ashoka calls her looking for Anakin.

I'm not sure Anakin has fallen just yet, because I think we're supposed to get that scene from Episode III where Mace Windu says "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi" in one of these episodes.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
We already the chip won't work with all clones. My guess is Rex is one of them, I can't remember the other two from Rebels.

The Chips aren't out yet, Wolfe and Gregor and Rex eventually remove the chips.

I went back and watched the story arc around fives and the chips. It was interesting to watch it again. Fives learns about the chips and the one that went bad making a clone kill a Jedi. He demands to meet the supreme Chanceller. He gets drugged with a mind altering drug on the way to the meeting so that he comes across as irrational and demented. Palpatine meets him and asks to talk to him alone. Palpatine discloses the whole plan, the chips the plan to kill the jedi knowing that Fives in his crazed state will never be believed and the Jedi will not follow up on the rants of a crazed trooper who tried to murder Palpatine.

Fives tells Rex and Anakin who really don't believe him before he dies.

Up to date.

Maul basically tells Jessie what the plan is, he also gives a story of the plan to Ashoka.

When Ashoka and Maul, and Jessie and Rex talk it should raise some alarm bells in Rex about his chip.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
These episodes have been top notch. Maul/Ahsoka duel is the best one of the Disney era.

I didn't think the Sidious vs Maul and Oppress fight could be topped, but Filoni and his team proved me wrong.

These last couple of episodes spell out perfectly why Filoni needs to be given the reigns to the entirety of the universe. The guy eats, breathes and lives SW every day, and he's mostly stayed true to George's vision.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
No it was clearly Sidious and it was confirmed by their sound guy on social

Timing wise it councides with Kenobi being on Utapau

Everything timing wise really works. Kenobi on Utapi, The Mace Palpatine Anakin moment and Anakin's fall. I might be reading into it, but I still think the despondent Maul screaming we're all going to die is that he knew at that moment that Skywalker had fallen and Sidious had won and his plans were for not.

I'm willing to bet at the start of the next episode when the troopers and Ashoka are questioning Maul, he's going to tell them that its too late, that everything that Sidious had planned had happened, and then we'll get Order 66. Whether Rex removes his chip before or after Order 66 is a question for me.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Everything timing wise really works. Kenobi on Utapi, The Mace Palpatine Anakin moment and Anakin's fall. I might be reading into it, but I still think the despondent Maul screaming we're all going to die is that he knew at that moment that Skywalker had fallen and Sidious had won and his plans were for not.

I'm willing to bet at the start of the next episode when the troopers and Ashoka are questioning Maul, he's going to tell them that its too late, that everything that Sidious had planned had happened, and then we'll get Order 66. Whether Rex removes his chip before or after Order 66 is a question for me.
Yeah, Maul was scared because he sees himself either being killed in Order 66 or tortured by Palpatine.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I didn't think the Sidious vs Maul and Oppress fight could be topped, but Filoni and his team proved me wrong.

These last couple of episodes spell out perfectly why Filoni needs to be given the reigns to the entirety of the universe. The guy eats, breathes and lives SW every day, and he's mostly stayed true to George's vision.

Clearly you're just a misogynist if you don't want Kathleen Kennedy in charge of Star Wars. :sarcasm:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
This season is such a treat. I'd say "breathe of fresh air" but Mando already provided that. This is what we deserved though. The sisters arc was kinda boring but a nice way to reintroduce Ahsoka and where she is in her journey. These last two episodes have been INCREDIBLE. Cannot wait to see the ending here.

Also, that ep of Rebels is one of my favourite pieces of Star Wars, to this day. CW did such a better job with Anakin's character, it's not even funny...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This season is such a treat. I'd say "breathe of fresh air" but Mando already provided that. This is what we deserved though. The sisters arc was kinda boring but a nice way to reintroduce Ahsoka and where she is in her journey. These last two episodes have been INCREDIBLE. Cannot wait to see the ending here.

Also, that ep of Rebels is one of my favourite pieces of Star Wars, to this day. CW did such a better job with Anakin's character, it's not even funny...

I thought it was an "ok" arc to show Ahsoka the life outside the Jedi order and how people feel about them.

Reactions: irunthepeg

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah, Maul was scared because he sees himself either being killed in Order 66 or tortured by Palpatine.

Yeah, if Maul couldn't stop Sidious he realized that there was probably no where in the universe where he would be safe.

The amazing thing is that Maul has become this incredibly tragic character, especially with his death scene.

Enslaved, destroyed, abandoned, destroyed again and hidiously tortured by his master, watched his brother murdered.

In the end he didn't try to seduce Ashoka to the dark side of the Force with the usual trappings of power and revenge and the ability to rule. I legitimately believe that in his own twisted way he saw the rise of his master as a greater evil and darkness then anything.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The mo-cap really took it to another level from other animated fights. It felt real, not something that was programmed in a machine. Filoni talking about doing it right for the fans was cool, but when he talked about Ray Park, that was really cool. I'm sure it was a really cool way to close the book on the character for him.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad