TV: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Final Season Official Trailer

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Damn, what a good episode. I don't know if it's this quarantine finally getting to me but I got a bit emotional throughout the episode. Just knowing all that'll happen and all that'll end.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
damn so much to unpack in that episode

The last time that Ahsoka and Anakin see each other until their long fated meeting.
Fulcrum
Anakin and Obi during that first battle while knowing their friendship is going to end badly
Ahsoka giving it to Obi You're loyal to the Chanceller not the people who need the jedi, damn
The 501st pain job and Anakin talking about trooper loyalty, knowing that they're probably going to betray her.
The Captain dying and apologizing and calling her Commander, damn.
Maul's entrance at the end.
The scene in the sewers where Ahsoka is surrounded was just so well done.
They super upped the animation, I mean damn
Bo Katarn, how can you not love her, does she die trying to help Ahsoka, I'd guess yes.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Damn, what a good episode. I don't know if it's this quarantine finally getting to me but I got a bit emotional throughout the episode. Just knowing all that'll happen and all that'll end.

You weren't alone. This is like the Clone Wars version of Rogue One. You pretty much know who's going to die and live but it's still sad watching it unravel. Also, far more invested with these characters with 6 seasons and multiple movies with them.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
damn so much to unpack in that episode

The last time that Ahsoka and Anakin see each other until their long fated meeting.
Fulcrum
Anakin and Obi during that first battle while knowing their friendship is going to end badly
Ahsoka giving it to Obi You're loyal to the Chanceller not the people who need the jedi, damn
The 501st pain job and Anakin talking about trooper loyalty, knowing that they're probably going to betray her.
The Captain dying and apologizing and calling her Commander, damn.
Maul's entrance at the end.
The scene in the sewers where Ahsoka is surrounded was just so well done.
They super upped the animation, I mean damn
Bo Katarn, how can you not love her, does she die trying to help Ahsoka, I'd guess yes.

Yeah so much happened this episode. Just got done with a rewatch and I saw all the foreshadowing originally but what I didn't see was how symbolic Obi Wan and Ahsoka were in this episode.

Even though Maul killed Obi Wan's only love, he still puts policy before his feelings. He rejects emotions and is fully by the Jedi's book. Ahsoka is like Anakin, where she cares more about the people and results than the rules. She calls him out on his bullshit. Then there's Anakin, who bends all the rules without a second thought to help out Ahsoka. He'll do anything for those he cares about.

I mean everyone already knew this but I think they did a great job of highlighting their conflicting ideologies in this episode.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't know how I missed a young Kanan in that shot of the Council the first time around.

All the camaraderie and talk of loyalty between the clones and their Jedi really hits hard when you consider they're about to murder them.

The classic Lucasfilm intro plus the music really made it feel cinematic. It's going to be fun once the whole arc has aired to watch it as basically a movie.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah so much happened this episode. Just got done with a rewatch and I saw all the foreshadowing originally but what I didn't see was how symbolic Obi Wan and Ahsoka were in this episode.

Even though Maul killed Obi Wan's only love, he still puts policy before his feelings. He rejects emotions and is fully by the Jedi's book. Ahsoka is like Anakin, where she cares more about the people and results than the rules. She calls him out on his bullshit. Then there's Anakin, who bends all the rules without a second thought to help out Ahsoka. He'll do anything for those he cares about.

I mean everyone already knew this but I think they did a great job of highlighting their conflicting ideologies in this episode.

Its no secret that a big part of Anakin's reason for his fall besides his thirst for power is his strong attachments with everyone that he comes into contact with, he was an easy target for Palpatine, while Luke had the same kind of issues, when Palpatine and Vader were rolling out that the only way to save your friends was to use the Dark Side. Anakin his thirst for power and his overwhelming attachment and love for everyone around him caused his down fall.

He was so happy and eager to reconnect with Ahsoka, though it didn't feel quite the same from her perspective, at least until Anakin broke down the walls that she'd built.

I loved this episode, and yeah though Anakin's solution in the opening battle was a bit cheesy, it showed what Anakin was, he was not a Jedi like the others.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What a great episode.

5573c2c99f9a322693cc1123874d219513fd2318.gifv

Damn...

bc4a0bcfeb376d3d17d1d7fe8628e994aee59558.gifv

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Anakin from the Clone Wars animated series is such a great and compelling character. This episode once again showed why.

The episose also showed that Anakin is right about many things the Jedi are wrong about (embodied by Obi-Wan in the episode) and that's why Ahsoka is much more balanced than him or Obi-Wan. Anakin trained her well and her moral compass has not been damaged by the dogmatic views of the Jedi. He falls in great part because they keep repressing his emotions, he did not repress Ahsoka's and she probably is the most balanced Jedi ever.

What... a... great... episode.

Oh and for those who complained about the arc with the sisters... last episode would not be as powerful without it. Shows the character growth of Ahsoka and puts distance (for the viewer) between the last time we see Anakin/Obi-Wan and this reunion. Made us even more happy to see the reunion. Great storytelling.

I mean, to me, this show is episode 2. Probably is the best Star Wars materiel outside of KOTOR.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Anakin from the Clone Wars animated series is such a great and compelling character. This episode once again showed why.

The episose also showed that Anakin is right about many things the Jedi are wrong about (embodied by Obi-Wan in the episode) and that's why Ahsoka is much more balanced than him or Obi-Wan. Anakin trained her well and her moral compass has not been damaged by the dogmatic views of the Jedi. He falls in great part because they keep repressing his emotions, he did not repress Ahsoka's and she probably is the most balanced Jedi ever.

What... a... great... episode.

Oh and for those who complained about the arc with the sisters... last episode would not be as powerful without it. Shows the character growth of Ahsoka and puts distance (for the viewer) between the last time we see Anakin/Obi-Wan and this reunion. Made us even more happy to see the reunion. Great storytelling.

I mean, to me, this show is episode 2. Probably is the best Star Wars materiel outside of KOTOR.

Yeah, Anakin has an actual personality in the show. Goes hand in hand with being well written.

Agree to disagree on the sisters arc. It could’ve been done without 4 episodes with entirely forgettable characters.

If Disney ever decides to do something with KOTOR regardless of platform, it would sell. I don’t think they realize how big that fanbase still is. Replayed both this past summer and man they still hold up. The storytelling is just fantastic.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’m tempted to wait three weeks then watch it all together as a movie. But I doubt I’ll have the willpower next Friday :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, Anakin has an actual personality in the show. Goes hand in hand with being well written.

Agree to disagree on the sisters arc. It could’ve been done without 4 episodes with entirely forgettable characters.

If Disney ever decides to do something with KOTOR regardless of platform, it would sell. I don’t think they realize how big that fanbase still is. Replayed both this past summer and man they still hold up. The storytelling is just fantastic.

Agree to disagree. I have no problem with that and I respect your opinion.

I'd like to expend my thoughts though.

The arc was not about the two sisters, it was about Ahsoka. It was about her seeing the Galaxy from the less fortunate point of view. It was about her rediscovering what it SHOULD mean to be a Jedi (she says so to Obi-Wan). It sure was a little long, but it was needed and it achieved what it had to achieve. We had to spend time with Ahsoka and see her struggle with her place in the universe. The adventure with the two sisters made he rediscover her will to fight for what is right. It was not filler. Not the most exciting stuff, sure, but it led where it needed to lead.

I am pretty sure no one will complain about these four episodes if the next three are as good as yesterday's. To achieve maximum effect, I think these episodes need to have a face pace with alot of events. Last night was just perfect pace wise and story wise. I expect much of the same in the last three episodes and I am VERY happy they will be Ahsoka centric. She is such a great character that helps us discover so much about Anakin, Obi-Wan, the Jedi and the Galaxy. Loved her in her limited time in Rebels too. Kinda skeptical about her being in The Mandalorian, but Filoni is part of that show, so I gotta have faith. VERY excited about a potential spinoff featuring her though.

Reactions: MadDevil

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
At the beginning intro when they were flashing to all of the Jedi that were in the place that they would be murdered during Order 66, you got a sense that you were looking at a chess board and seeing all the pieces were in place and Palpatine was rubbing his hands in glee.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Don't know if anyone else feels the same, but watching this season of Clone Wars is making me all the more disappointed in the sequel trilogy. This show has done so much to expand the Star Wars universe, and all Disney did with the new trilogy was to rehash the empire vs rebels theme in a misplaced appeasement attempt.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Agree to disagree. I have no problem with that and I respect your opinion.

I'd like to expend my thoughts though.

The arc was not about the two sisters, it was about Ahsoka. It was about her seeing the Galaxy from the less fortunate point of view. It was about her rediscovering what it SHOULD mean to be a Jedi (she says so to Obi-Wan). It sure was a little long, but it was needed and it achieved what it had to achieve. We had to spend time with Ahsoka and see her struggle with her place in the universe. The adventure with the two sisters made he rediscover her will to fight for what is right. It was not filler. Not the most exciting stuff, sure, but it led where it needed to lead.

I am pretty sure no one will complain about these four episodes if the next three are as good as yesterday's. To achieve maximum effect, I think these episodes need to have a face pace with alot of events. Last night was just perfect pace wise and story wise. I expect much of the same in the last three episodes and I am VERY happy they will be Ahsoka centric. She is such a great character that helps us discover so much about Anakin, Obi-Wan, the Jedi and the Galaxy. Loved her in her limited time in Rebels too. Kinda skeptical about her being in The Mandalorian, but Filoni is part of that show, so I gotta have faith. VERY excited about a potential spinoff featuring her though.

I mostly agree on your take on the arc, it just took too long to get there. Now if all of the last 4 episodes are each a bit longer like this last one, then the beginning of the season won't matter. If they make 4 episodes feel like 5 or 6 without feeling like they are dragging it out, then I will be more than satisfied.

I agree it was good to show that Ahsoka disagrees with the Order not just because they abandoned her, but because they also lost their way. She originally left because she was abandoned, but she probably didn't think they lost their way, until she met the Martez sisters.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Another decent episode with some smaller surprises.

I thought today's episode was even better than the last week's.

Maul nearly convincing Ahsoka to help him against Sideous... but her faith in Anakin prevented it. She was right not to help Maul, but her reasons was partly wrong - Anakin WILL fall. Man, they are building Anakin's fall without showing Anakin at all... and they are doing a better more tragic build than the movie did. They are doing it through Ahsoka's eyes and I cannot wait for the payoff. I am very intrigued where they are going in the next two episodes. Siege of Mandalore is seemingly over. I am pretty sure Ahsoka will try to go back to Anakin, at the end, I think she sensed Maul might be right. She knows he is not happy with his assignment, she knows Anakin distrusts some of the council's actions. She understands why he does, but she also knows he is emotionally fragile...

I guess we will see Rex and his boys taking out their chips. I guess we will see the rest of the clones turning on Ahsoka. I hope we will see Ahsoka trying to go to Coruscant and find Anakin only to be late and talk to Obi-Wan before he departs for Mustafar. I hope the final shot of the series is Ahsoka seeing Anakin in armour.

The last two episodes have been pure gold.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Maul nearly convincing Ahsoka to help him against Sideous... but her faith in Anakin prevented it. She was right not to help Maul, but her reasons was partly wrong - Anakin WILL fall. Man, they are building Anakin's fall without showing Anakin at all... and they are doing a better more tragic build than the movie did. They are doing it through Ahsoka's eyes and I cannot wait for the payoff. I am very intrigued where they are going in the next two episodes. Siege of Mandalore is seemingly over. I am pretty sure Ahsoka will try to go back to Anakin, at the end, I think she sensed Maul might be right. She knows he is not happy with his assignment, she knows Anakin distrusts some of the council's actions. She understands why he does, but she also knows he is emotionally fragile...

I guess we will see Rex and his boys taking out their chips. I guess we will see the rest of the clones turning on Ahsoka. I hope we will see Ahsoka trying to go to Coruscant and find Anakin only to be late and talk to Obi-Wan before he departs for Mustafar. I hope the final shot of the series is Ahsoka seeing Anakin in armour.

Tuned In: Mt. Lebanon native ends ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars,’ preps ‘The Mandalorian’ season two

"Mr. Filoni, who still has family in Pittsburgh including his mother and brother, notes that he’d normally be in Penguins “playoff mode” now. In the past he’s snuck odes to Pittsburgh into scripts and even visuals — Ghost, the ship in “Rebels,” featured a symbol inspired by the shape of a Penguins player’s goalie mask — and fans may catch something Pittsburgh-y in season two of “The Mandalorian” if it makes the final cut."

I don't recall the Ghost reference. Do you? Or anyone else in this thread?

[edit] I just figured it out and I may actually be the first. It's Michel Dion's mask.

x4K89.jpg

51-Michel-Dion-Mask.jpg

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Tuned In: Mt. Lebanon native ends ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars,’ preps ‘The Mandalorian’ season two

"Mr. Filoni, who still has family in Pittsburgh including his mother and brother, notes that he’d normally be in Penguins “playoff mode” now. In the past he’s snuck odes to Pittsburgh into scripts and even visuals — Ghost, the ship in “Rebels,” featured a symbol inspired by the shape of a Penguins player’s goalie mask — and fans may catch something Pittsburgh-y in season two of “The Mandalorian” if it makes the final cut."

I don't recall the Ghost reference. Do you? Or anyone else in this thread?

[edit] I just figured it out and I may actually be the first. It's Michel Dion's mask.

x4K89.jpg

51-Michel-Dion-Mask.jpg

So cool, did not know that!

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Another fantastic episode. Maul is such a good character. When he was first brought back with Savage I thought it was a bit silly but they make his hatred and depression so real. He doesn't change much throughout Star Wars but personally I feel worse and worse for Maul. He knows what's going to happen and that he's a cog. He was forced into this way of life and now he has nothing but hatred.

Ahsoka wins the fight but it's mostly only because Maul doesn't care anymore. He wants to die and take as many down with him as he can. The part about Ahsoka almost joining him was very interesting. I was hoping they'd do something like that with Ventress as she was also cast out like Ahsoka essentially was. I thought the Maul stuff would be a bit longer. I was thinking the entire 4 episodes would be on Mandalore. [/quote]

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

I think I enjoyed the first episode better as it was like our last good bye to Obi Wan and Anakin before everything goes down. But I loved this episode as well. You're right, they're doing a fantastic job of showing the fall without either of them. The fights were everything I hoped for, but the storytelling far exceeded my expectations. I thought the siege would be longer though, not really sure what to expect with these last few episodes.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Did they do mocap for the lightsaber duel? It looked so smooth and quite honestly probably better than any lightsaber duel in a long time, either animated or live action.

I loved the tie-ins to not only ROTS but also Solo (I'm pretty sure that was Dryden Vos on the hologram with the other Syndicate members) and Rebels. I really liked Obi-Wan asking Ahsoka to help with Anakin. It's that much more tragic to know the next time she speaks to him is probably in Rebels when she finally realizes he became Vader.

Also, I don't think Kevin Kiner gets the credit he probably should for the music in this series. I still get chills when that variation of the Imperial March plays when they foreshadow Anakin becoming Vader. I also like his dropping Ahsoka's theme from Rebels in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad