TV: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Final Season Official Trailer

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I love Clone Wars, always have. Rebels became very good and close in the last two seasons, but Clone Wars did this brilliant job of a galaxy getting darker

Even without the chips in their heads the Clones have every reason to not feel back about Order 66.

They aren't seen as human by the Jedi or the Republic. They are seen as toss away droids with no rights at all.
The Republic experiments on them and still use them. If you're wounded too badly your basically recycled.
You have Jedi like Krell, who basically slaughtered Clones piecemeal.
On the other hand you have the CIS pretty much torturing a clone and turning him into a living computer.
Even without the chip, I'm sure most Clones wouldn't have hesitated to execute Order 66.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’m not a big save the village episode lover but this one was solid. They didn’t spend time training the locals which gets a bit old. It was nice to see a badass Anakin after him being pretty ordinary the last episode.

I enjoy that the story is continuous so far. The smaller arcs or standalones are fine but with this being the final season they really need to get the higher plot (if you will) material out quicker.

Can’t wait to see the Maul and Ahsoka stuff later on.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Best episode yet imo. Dark Anakin is badass and it’s hard to argue that he isn’t twice as effective. Loved that they’ve really focused on that this season. Really bridging the gap between where we left off when this show ended and where he is in episode 3.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I love Clone Wars, always have. Rebels became very good and close in the last two seasons, but Clone Wars did this brilliant job of a galaxy getting darker

Even without the chips in their heads the Clones have every reason to not feel back about Order 66.

They aren't seen as human by the Jedi or the Republic. They are seen as toss away droids with no rights at all.
The Republic experiments on them and still use them. If you're wounded too badly your basically recycled.
You have Jedi like Krell, who basically slaughtered Clones piecemeal.
On the other hand you have the CIS pretty much torturing a clone and turning him into a living computer.
Even without the chip, I'm sure most Clones wouldn't have hesitated to execute Order 66.

Strongly disagree. Anakin, Windu, Yoda, Ahsoka, Plo Koon, and many others have been shown to treat the clones not only as human, but also willing to endanger their lives for them. Krell wasn’t a Jedi anymore by their standards.

Reactions: Jussi

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
That scene with Anakin and Ahsoka sensing each other, and Anakin telling Admiral Yularen to let the ship through is a direct call forward to the “it’s an older code but it checks out” scene in Return of the Jedi with Vader, Luke and Piett

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Really not a fan of this Ahsoka arc. Nobody wants to see her doing minor things with these sisters. This is the final season ffs why are we wasting episodes on nothing storylines.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Really not a fan of this Ahsoka arc. Nobody wants to see her doing minor things with these sisters. This is the final season ffs why are we wasting episodes on nothing storylines.

I don't mind it. I like seeing what Ahsoka did between leaving the Order and the siege of Mandalore. Plus I think this is going to lead to her deciding to get involved again, rather than just laying low and trying to hide her Jedi connections.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In a normal season, I wouldn't mind this arc, but we are only getting 12 episodes, not 22. That and the combination with the arcs that we've seen were pretty much done story wise years ago, so it's not like it's brand new content.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
In a normal season, I wouldn't mind this arc, but we are only getting 12 episodes, not 22. That and the combination with the arcs that we've seen were pretty much done story wise years ago, so it's not like it's brand new content.

Yeah, exactly. Why are we getting essentially filler episodes when it’s the last season and it’s shortened?

Also, I’m not sure where this is in the timeline. We know it’s after Ahsoka left the order obviously but is it before the Maul teaming up with the mandalorians stuff? Those guys on the planet we just saw were part of the crew I believe.

And another thought that just came to me, if Maul and Ahsoka fight in Clone Wars like we’re expecting, her just being weary of him in Rebels rather than immediately rejecting him makes no sense. Correct me if I’m misremembering but in Rebels it’s like she knows of him but has no personal experience of him.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I like 10 eps per season. Already halfway through S1.

Id be fine with it if they were 45 minute episodes. That way we could get basically an arc an episode. Or 2 episodes for a long arc. But with it only being 22 minute episodes give me 22 episodes.

Watching the trailer again, it looks like all we have left are the siege of Mandalore, Ahsoka and Maul, and the Jedi talking about a plot to destroy them. I think we’ll finish up this Ahsoka arc then it’ll be two arcs about mandalore and Maul/Ahsoka.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Are they filler episodes if by going through them Ahsoka goes from trying to lay low and stay out of anything Jedi related to feeling like she needs to get involved again? Would it be better if she just went from leaving the Order to suddenly being at the siege of Mandalore without knowing how she got there?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Are they filler episodes if by going through them Ahsoka goes from trying to lay low and stay out of anything Jedi related to feeling like she needs to get involved again? Would it be better if she just went from leaving the Order to suddenly being at the siege of Mandalore without knowing how she got there?
I would say it's a filler arc. I don't think we need an entire arc to show how Ahsoka came back to help and that we don't need to see all of those details either. Maybe it's because I was somewhat underwhelmed with the Bad Batch arc too. They just seemed to be super OP clones. I like these arcs just fine, and if it was the normal 22 episode season, then I would have no issues with them.

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I thoroughly enjoyed the bad batch, and am happy to catch up with Ahsoka too...just wish they'd found a more weighty arc for her.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

After today’s episode it appears this will lead into the siege of mandalore. I’d be fine with this arc if it were 22 episodes but we only have 12. We just spent 25% of our season on getting to a plot. Either have more episodes or don’t use 25% of them on just getting to one of the plots. Now the Maul/Mandalorian stuff will only get a few episodes each.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I would say it's a filler arc. I don't think we need an entire arc to show how Ahsoka came back to help and that we don't need to see all of those details either. Maybe it's because I was somewhat underwhelmed with the Bad Batch arc too. They just seemed to be super OP clones. I like these arcs just fine, and if it was the normal 22 episode season, then I would have no issues with them.

They were basically commandos on steroids yeah. I enjoyed that arc but moreso because of Rex/Echo and Anakin than the bad batch. One or two of them should’ve been killed. Then have Echo eventually accepted by them and be the replacement.

I thoroughly enjoyed the bad batch, and am happy to catch up with Ahsoka too...just wish they'd found a more weighty arc for her.

Yeah exactly. These sisters are meaningless to the plot except for Ahsoka’s development. Why not do this with someone like Ventress? Or the Mandalorians? There were far better options than introducing new characters.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We should be happy we're getting any new Clone Wars at all, so if we "have to" watch a few episodes where not much happens to get to the big stuff, I'm not going to complain about it. God knows there's enough other stuff to complain about with Star Wars lately.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We should be happy we're getting any new Clone Wars at all, so if we "have to" watch a few episodes where not much happens to get to the big stuff, I'm not going to complain about it. God knows there's enough other stuff to complain about with Star Wars lately.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still enjoying it and definitely glad we’re getting this. But I don’t see why that means we can’t critique the parts we don’t like as well.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I would’ve preferred they focus more on wrapping up storylines rather than introducing characters that are basically irrelevant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I would’ve preferred they focus more on wrapping up storylines rather than introducing characters that are basically irrelevant.
I have no problem with what these episodes are, but I think the Bad Batch episodes didn’t make a lot of sense in and of themselves. There were plot points that directly contradicted things from the movies or within the episodes themselves. It wasn’t really that well executed and left me underwhelmed. I’m willing to forgive when episodes of this show do that, because this is a kids show. I’ll just put it with the lesser arcs we’ve seen.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm not really clear how the Techno Union could claim neutrality in the war when Obi Wan saw them on the Separatist council in EpII.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Corruption. Same way the Trade Federation and Banks were represented in the Senate.

You know what? I had forgotten that they claimed neutrality and that their support for the Separatists was secret too. I mean, it doesn't actually jive, but it is what was supposedly the case. The Trade Federation claimed neutrality, yet at the same time they also engaged in things like blockades to force systems to join the Separatists. It's inconsistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad