TV: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Final Season Official Trailer

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It is pretty cool to see Ray Park and Sam Witwer together. You've got the physical embodiment of the character and the voice that really helped bring more depth to him. I remember being highly skeptical when they brought Maul back in TCW, but they not only pulled it off but also made him a much deeper character and not just the blunt instrument he was in TPM.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yet another good episode. Not as good as the last two, but still dang good. Was most likely a set up for the final episode that comes out on the 4th.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Agreed, the last two were better, but this one was a perfect setup for the finale. The dark tone at the beginning was just perfect. Like a classic tragedy. You know it will go bad, you just have to discover how it will happen. Very well done.

Rex resisting the order at first and then being "overruled" by his chip. That was great as well. That cliffhanger at the end! I... cannot... wait... until... Monday!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I thought it was well done. These 4 episodes fell like it's intended to be a movie, so looking forward to watching them altogether next weekend.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah this very much felt like the transition to the climax and resolution. The first part of the episode had me on edge with the music and eventual visions.

The exchange with Ahsoka and the council was really good. Mace personifies the arrogance of the council. Even with her not a jedi anymore, Yoda still cares and respects her. Ahsoka obviously does too as she still calls him master. I really wish we got an arc with Mace's backstory and maybe some of his struggle. He's such an important member of the council you would think they'd want to give him some character development but oh well can't have it all. Anyone know of any books with him? Would love to read into it.

I could watch Maul tear troops up all day. God damn is he entertaining. So ruthless and cocky.

That was the world's fastest surgery :laugh:. I give it a pass though because it's in the same timeline where ships can fly at the speed of light. Really looking forward to the finale. Love that we only have to wait three days rather than a week.

And one final thought. Saw Guerrera is known as the first rebel but really it should be Ahsoka. She immediately turned a clone back and had her rebel code name before the Empire was even born.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I thought it was well done. These 4 episodes fell like it's intended to be a movie, so looking forward to watching them altogether next weekend.

I'm going to do the same on Monday I think. On rewatch of the first two and this one today I think the first episode is still by far the best. That's no slight on 2 and 3, I just don't think that emotion can be recaptured. When Ahsoka, Anakin, and Obi Wan had their dramatic entrances for me it was somewhere between "so happy to see you again" and "I can't believe this is the last time we'll really see you" and it was just a roller coaster.

Can't wait to watch them all together.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It is pretty cool to see Ray Park and Sam Witwer together. You've got the physical embodiment of the character and the voice that really helped bring more depth to him. I remember being highly skeptical when they brought Maul back in TCW, but they not only pulled it off but also made him a much deeper character and not just the blunt instrument he was in TPM.

I still remember when Savage was defeated and he went back to Mother Tawzin (I slaughtered this name) and she told him he had a brother to find. I was just in complete shock.

I didn't think I would like it either but man was I wrong.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
That use of music in the first half was unbelievable and really put my teeth on edge. The production of this show is off the charts.

Ashoka had a chance while talking to the Jedi Council to put a serious crimp in Sidious' plan, but she chose to believe that Anakin was infallible.

Yeah Mace is arrogant.

The Ashoka action scenes and I thought the Vader Rogue one hall scene was bad a$$. Maul put Vader to shame.

Seeing the clones trying to kill her while wearing that Ashoka paint job was heart breaking. We knew this was coming but they spent 7 years making us like and care about the Clone Army, then in the end they became Storm Troopers.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That use of music in the first half was unbelievable and really put my teeth on edge. The production of this show is off the charts.

Ashoka had a chance while talking to the Jedi Council to put a serious crimp in Sidious' plan, but she chose to believe that Anakin was infallible.

Yeah Mace is arrogant.

The Ashoka action scenes and I thought the Vader Rogue one hall scene was bad a$$. Maul put Vader to shame.

Seeing the clones trying to kill her while wearing that Ashoka paint job was heart breaking. We knew this was coming but they spent 7 years making us like and care about the Clone Army, then in the end they became Storm Troopers.
Well, at that point, wasn't that when Anakin was with Palpatine and learned he was the Sith Lord? Mace still instructed Anakin to stay at the Jedi Temple, and Anakin didn't go dark until he disobeyed Mace and then stopped Mace from killing Palp and killed Mace in the process. I don't think there was really anything Ahsoka could've done that would've prevented that from happening. What would they have done, locked Anakin away? That would've made him rebel against the Order even more.

Having the Martez sister storyline makes Mace's actions seem even worse. There was no way Palp was going to fail. Lets say Mace did kill Palp, the majority of the galaxy would've turned on the Jedi. The Republic would be in absolute chaos.

And lets be real, even if Mace killed Palp, he probably just killed a clone version of Palp lol.

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
If Ashoka would have said to Mace, hey Maul you know Sidious' former apprentice has said that Anakin has been groomed as the Dark Lords apprentice and Maul says he's the key to everything. Then he treats Anakin's he's a Sith Lord message a little differently and not only that, when Anakin shows up during the Sword fight, maybe Mace doesn't treat it the same way.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Ashoka would have said to Mace, hey Maul you know Sidious' former apprentice has said that Anakin has been groomed as the Dark Lords apprentice and Maul says he's the key to everything. Then he treats Anakin's he's a Sith Lord message a little differently and not only that, when Anakin shows up during the Sword fight, maybe Mace doesn't treat it the same way.
Mace would've viewed that message as confirmed all the bad stuff about Anakin. Ahsoka doesn't trust the Order to do the right thing because they betrayed her, they assumed the worst, and she thinks they would do the same. When Anakin went to Mace, Mace said if it was true, then Anakin would've gained the trust of Mace, and Mace had him wait in the Temple. I'm not sure how the interaction would've changed much.

Only way I see it changing is if they sent someone else to Kashyyyk and it was Yoda that worked with Anakin after learning that Palp was after Anakin. Anakin helped Yoda escape when Yoda went on his quest that Qui-Gon sent him on. Because of that, Yoda might be the only one that can understand and isn't purely focused on the war.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Mace would've viewed that message as confirmed all the bad stuff about Anakin. Ahsoka doesn't trust the Order to do the right thing because they betrayed her, they assumed the worst, and she thinks they would do the same. When Anakin went to Mace, Mace said if it was true, then Anakin would've gained the trust of Mace, and Mace had him wait in the Temple. I'm not sure how the interaction would've changed much.

Only way I see it changing is if they sent someone else to Kashyyyk and it was Yoda that worked with Anakin after learning that Palp was after Anakin. Anakin helped Yoda escape when Yoda went on his quest that Qui-Gon sent him on. Because of that, Yoda might be the only one that can understand and isn't purely focused on the war.

Sending Yoda away was part of the Jedi strategy to draw out Sidious. The Jedi felt that with Yoda off planet that maybe Sidious would make his move sooner because he felt safer. They assumed that Mace could handle it. It was part of the arrogance of the Jedi.

If you go back and read the ROTS novel which was excellent. Yoda realized the failings and arrogance of the Jedi at the end of the duel with Sidious.

Basically Yoda realized that when the Sith disappeared that they had spent that time re-inventing themselves. They went from power mad Dark Force users that created huge armies and tried to conquer the galaxy through might and who would constantly self destruct due to their hunger for power, to being focused on growing more and more powerful in the force, learning all aspects of it including their enemies the Jedi and learning guile and patience.

the Jedi on the other hand kept preparing to face the Sith from thousands of years ago. By the time Sidious came along he was insanely powerful because he had continued to grow on the strength and knowledge acquired by the Sith over thousands of years. On top of that the Dark Lord that Yoda faced had been a supreme planner who not only created the ultimate jedi trap, but had undermined the Jedi's power and ability to use the force.

As Yoda was fighting Sidious he realized that he just didn't have the power or training to beat Sidious head on. He couldn't beat someone that was basically the embodiment of the Dark Side of the Force.

During the Mace Anakin fight, in the ROTS novel, Mace didn't trust Anakin, but he did strongly believe that Anakin would always come down on the light side of the Force, again that Jedi arrogance.

What was funny was there was a line that Sidious used in the novel that should have made its way into the movie.

As Sidious lay beaten and burned at Mace's feet, Mace kind of sneered at Sidious and said something like "You're a typical Sith, I can feel the fear in you". And Sidious laughed and told him that the fear he felt wasn't Sidious'. It was Anakins fear of losing not only Padme, but losing Sidious. If Mace would have been forewarned by Ashoka about Anakin, he might not have been taken off guard by Anakin's fear based response.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sending Yoda away was part of the Jedi strategy to draw out Sidious. The Jedi felt that with Yoda off planet that maybe Sidious would make his move sooner because he felt safer. They assumed that Mace could handle it. It was part of the arrogance of the Jedi.

If you go back and read the ROTS novel which was excellent. Yoda realized the failings and arrogance of the Jedi at the end of the duel with Sidious.

Basically Yoda realized that when the Sith disappeared that they had spent that time re-inventing themselves. They went from power mad Dark Force users that created huge armies and tried to conquer the galaxy through might and who would constantly self destruct due to their hunger for power, to being focused on growing more and more powerful in the force, learning all aspects of it including their enemies the Jedi and learning guile and patience.

the Jedi on the other hand kept preparing to face the Sith from thousands of years ago. By the time Sidious came along he was insanely powerful because he had continued to grow on the strength and knowledge acquired by the Sith over thousands of years. On top of that the Dark Lord that Yoda faced had been a supreme planner who not only created the ultimate jedi trap, but had undermined the Jedi's power and ability to use the force.

As Yoda was fighting Sidious he realized that he just didn't have the power or training to beat Sidious head on. He couldn't beat someone that was basically the embodiment of the Dark Side of the Force.

During the Mace Anakin fight, in the ROTS novel, Mace didn't trust Anakin, but he did strongly believe that Anakin would always come down on the light side of the Force, again that Jedi arrogance.

What was funny was there was a line that Sidious used in the novel that should have made its way into the movie.

As Sidious lay beaten and burned at Mace's feet, Mace kind of sneered at Sidious and said something like "You're a typical Sith, I can feel the fear in you". And Sidious laughed and told him that the fear he felt wasn't Sidious'. It was Anakins fear of losing not only Padme, but losing Sidious. If Mace would have been forewarned by Ashoka about Anakin, he might not have been taken off guard by Anakin's fear based response.

I read that thing years ago and it's been on my re-read for awhile, so looking forward to when I eventually do that.

I guess my point with Mace knowing that about Anakin, I don't see how it could've ended any different. If it goes down like the movie, Mace might be on the defensive a little more, but he's still going to be double teamed by Palp and Anakin. It's still pretty likely that Mace is arrogant in the situation. While Ahsoka had faith in Anakin because she's seen how good he can be, and she was over-confident in him, Mace would've been over-confident in him, but in different ways.

Ultimately, Palp made a plan that guaranteed to work, partly because of the plan, and partly because of how he knew the characters would act within the plan.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So no one noticed that Ahsoka said "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me" when she tried to find the chip in Rex?

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I read that thing years ago and it's been on my re-read for awhile, so looking forward to when I eventually do that.

I guess my point with Mace knowing that about Anakin, I don't see how it could've ended any different. If it goes down like the movie, Mace might be on the defensive a little more, but he's still going to be double teamed by Palp and Anakin. It's still pretty likely that Mace is arrogant in the situation. While Ahsoka had faith in Anakin because she's seen how good he can be, and she was over-confident in him, Mace would've been over-confident in him, but in different ways.

Ultimately, Palp made a plan that guaranteed to work, partly because of the plan, and partly because of how he knew the characters would act within the plan.

Yeah, fair enough, that's how good Palpatine's trap was.

In the book when Dooku is getting ready to confront Anakin and Obi, he was reflecting on looking at Anakin and obi through the force, and he said something to the effect that Obi-Wan was like a calm meadow, Anakin was like a thunder storm. But Sidious was like a black event horizon in the force. He also talked about how the Sith of old were about breaking down doors. But Sidious was always peaking through windows and checking locks to see the best way to get in.

I really like Star Wars Lore, I always have. I had the question from friends that the Jedi always seemed to be able to sense danger, why didn't they sense the clones turning. For the most part it was because there was no malice in the Clones. The Clones didn't hate the Jedi. There was no gathering storm to their attack. I think that the only reason why Yoda sensed it was because he sensed the other Jedi dying and put two and two together.

But back to the Anakin, Mace Sidious thing. your right, Sidious had created the perfect trap for not only the Jedi, but also Anakin. He just had to give Anakin the right motivation to break away from the right thinking of the Jedi, and he brilliantly did it. He knew that Anakin would turn on the Jedi at the right time, all he had to do was put himself in jeapardy to do it. But the Jedi were fracked from the start and so was Mace. I'm convinced that if Anakin had hesitated or not turned, that Sidious would have killed Mace in a heart beat, and then been able to focus his attention on Anakin and turned him anyways.

Sidious knew though that at the heart of Anakin even though he desperately was attached to his wife and wanted to save him, Anakin craved power beyond all else. He was born a slave and he wanted to break those chains. In the end he became a slave again.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Has Kiner ever won any kind of award for his music? That Blade Runner like music leading up to Order 66 was so damn good. It helped build the tension to a moment we knew was going to happen at some point.

It was heartbreaking to see the clones turn on Ahsoka, and for Rex to eventually kill his "brothers" after seeing the clones as more than just nameless faces over the course of the series. To see him struggle when the order was given but still not be able to overcome his programming, even after being taught to think for himself by Anakin and having served so closely with Ahsoka was pretty powerful.

I'm just sad we only get one more episode. I'm definitely looking forward to sitting down and watching this arc as a whole though. In fact I think I'm probably going to watch the first three parts again right before catching the finale when it drops.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
A couple of people have mentioned how the music towards the beginning put them in mind of Blade Runner. For me, it strongly evoked RotS. Specifically, there’s the scene after Anakin tells Mace about the chancellor, and Mace sends him to wait in the council chamber while they confront him. Meanwhile, Padme is at home and there are shots of just the two of their faces. It’s one of my favorite, if not my outright favorite, scene from Ep3. Both the music there and the cinematography itself seemed to be mirrored by what they did here. The timing of it is pretty similar too.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
A couple of people have mentioned how the music towards the beginning put them in mind of Blade Runner. For me, it strongly evoked RotS. Specifically, there’s the scene after Anakin tells Mace about the chancellor, and Mace sends him to wait in the council chamber while they confront him. Meanwhile, Padme is at home and there are shots of just the two of their faces. It’s one of my favorite, if not my outright favorite, scene from Ep3. Both the music there and the cinematography itself seemed to be mirrored by what they did here. The timing of it is pretty similar too.

"Padme's Ruminations" from the OST.
The music in this ep really did stand out. It was haunting. An omg does Witwer breath some life into that character. Bravo!

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Really dark but you knew it was coming. I still think stand that first episode of the arc was the best and likely the best of the series for me. Seeing everyone one last time before everything goes to shit combined with Ahsoka's return to battle just did it for me.

I wish we would've seen more of what happened to the Mandalorians. Maybe they're saving that for season 2 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad