TV: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Final Season Official Trailer

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm excited for the Maul vs Ahsoka showdown, even if we know they both survive. And I hope we get to see Order 66 from the perspective of Rex and the other clones who took out their control chips.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So, Campea had a rant how Ahsoka should not beat Maul and if it happens, he will be full f*** Dave Filoni. I mean, we pretty much know that it ends in a stalemate from the Ahsoka novel, but this is pretty rich coming from him.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Looking forward to this. I miss the old show and that sixth season they gave us was just so random.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So, Campea had a rant how Ahsoka should not beat Maul and if it happens, he will be full f*** Dave Filoni. I mean, we pretty much know that it ends in a stalemate from the Ahsoka novel, but this is pretty rich coming from him.

I don't think Campea has ever really liked TCW so I'm not surprised.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Hopefully they don't mess it up with the nonsense we have seen so much of in movies and t.v. shows in recent years.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’m really excited to see Maul and Ahsoka will be a big part of the final season. Their storylines were two of the best for me. Especially the last couple. Watching Palpatine f*** up Maul and Savage while I was rooting for Maul hurt me but was pretty badass at the same time.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think Campea has ever really liked TCW so I'm not surprised.
It's not that he isn't a huge fan of the show or Ahsoka, but his rant sounded exactly what he thinks people that didn't like TLJ for sexist reasons sound like. It's just rich coming from him since he bashed the people that didn't like TLJ, but then bashes Ahsoka in a similar way that he hated how Rey was critiqued.

As far as the actual substance of his rant, Maul was also primarily developed as a character in TCW, same as Ahsoka. If Campea doesn't want to give Ahsoka credit for her development throughout the show, then I guess we have to view Maul just as he was in TPM. Besides being cool, he was still beaten my Obi-Wan who at the time of defeating Maul was still just a padawan, although he gained Knight status after his victory. It's not like Maul was someone of great significance where it would be completely unreasonable for another jedi to fight and even win the duel.

All that aside, I can't wait for this season. It'll be nice to have some Star Wars content where you don't have to worry about the quality of it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I’m really excited to see Maul and Ahsoka will be a big part of the final season. Their storylines were two of the best for me. Especially the last couple. Watching Palpatine **** up Maul and Savage while I was rooting for Maul hurt me but was pretty badass at the same time.
I think people can relate to them leaving behind the Sith and Jedi and sort of forging their own path. Maul still remains a villain and Ahsoka a hero, but they both add some grey area for force users, instead of just being the simple black and white.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I think people can relate to them leaving behind the Sith and Jedi and sort of forging their own path. Maul still remains a villain and Ahsoka a hero, but they both add some grey area for force users, instead of just being the simple black and white.

The grey area is Star Wars at its peak imo. I’ll always love the classic Vader/Skywalker story but I’m much more of a KOTOR 2 fan, regarding theme, than 1.

Not that I didn’t hate TLJ, but I loved the theme they somewhat tried to explore. Pure good vs. pure evil can get so boring.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The grey area is Star Wars at its peak imo. I’ll always love the classic Vader/Skywalker story but I’m much more of a KOTOR 2 fan, regarding theme, than 1.

Not that I didn’t hate TLJ, but I loved the theme they somewhat tried to explore. Pure good vs. pure evil can get so boring.
Yeah, that was an aspect in TLJ that I wish they did more with and actually stuck to.

Reactions: LarKing

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I expect that we'll get to the big fight between Maul and Ahsoka, Rex and and some of the other clones that we know will show up to support, then half way through the battle, we hear the comlink beeps and Rex will answer and we'll hear "Execute Order 66. The clones will turn on Ahsoka and attack her and Maul. Rex will save her and kill several of his clone brothers and they will flee. The last scene we'll see is Rex and Ahsoka hiding out while Ahsoka feels the death of jedi, and Maul fleeing to the outer rim.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
One of the best things this series did was humanize the clones. Which is going to make Rex, after all he's been through with his brothers, having to fight them feel heart wrenching.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I've always wanted a resolution to the Cody story, thought Cody wasn't on Mandalore at the time of Order 66. I'm hoping they do have one final communication between Rex and Cody after order 66 with each examining their choices.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I've always wanted a resolution to the Cody story, thought Cody wasn't on Mandalore at the time of Order 66. I'm hoping they do have one final communication between Rex and Cody after order 66 with each examining their choices.
Cody was on Utapau

I don't think the clones would have been able to have a logical or rationale discussion about Order 66 unless their chips were removed, which we know Rex, Wolfe, and Gregor did from Rebels

Cody would probably see Rex as a traitor for not blindly following orders or for not killing the Jedi who were" Attempting to overthrow the Senate and the Republic"

There might be combat between the Cody and Rex, but I don't think there would be a discussion

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Rex removed his chip, Cody didn't. We saw Cody during order 66 in Episode 3.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Cody was on Utapau

I don't think the clones would have been able to have a logical or rationale discussion about Order 66 unless their chips were removed, which we know Rex, Wolfe, and Gregor did from Rebels

Cody would probably see Rex as a traitor for not blindly following orders or for not killing the Jedi who were" Attempting to overthrow the Senate and the Republic"

There might be combat between the Cody and Rex, but I don't think there would be a discussion
Does this give a good answer about Rex and Cody?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Loved the premiere. The bad batch is something I’ve wanted for so long but I was moreso picturing commandos. This works just as well though.

Had to go back and watch the episode on the clone they mention again. Interested to see where they take that storyline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad