Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Anakin is super overpowered. His move where he charges up that circle blast in particular is ridiculous because you can’t hurt him while he’s charging. I was thinking the other day, they should focus more on adding more special units than continuing to add heroes. There’s a lot of potential there: droidekas, assassin droids, clone commandos, inferno squad member, rogue one member, etc. Make some more variety in characters that aren’t heroes.

Wow they must read HF. Quite a few of these added in recently. I’m enjoying the droideka quite a bit. Still wish they would dial it back with the heroes a bit, but I’m definitely still playing this game too much :laugh:

Reactions: Roman Fell

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Wow they must read HF. Quite a few of these added in recently. I’m enjoying the droideka quite a bit. Still wish they would dial it back with the heroes a bit, but I’m definitely still playing this game too much :laugh:
I took a couple of months off. May jump back into this tonight. It's one of the few games I can play for a few months, take a break for a few months, then jump back in again and still have a blast.

Reactions: Roman Fell

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
This game is too fun. Tired of playing solo. Looking for teammates on xbox. Gamertag is originalcashew

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
There’s a glitch in capital supremacy where it freezes as it’s loading the ship part. I’ll be well over an hour into the game and I seriously get f***ing kicked out and lose all the XP. Typical EA bullshit. There’s also a glitch where the command post bases don’t show up at the top so you can’t see the score.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’ve been playing a lot of the heroes mode recently. It initially frustrated the hell out of me because I would get smacked in every game. Now I’m a lot better and pretty consistently have more kills than deaths. Staying near teammates is key. If you’re up against 2 or more enemy heroes you don’t stand much of a chance unless they suck.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I’ve been playing a lot of the heroes mode recently. It initially frustrated the hell out of me because I would get smacked in every game. Now I’m a lot better and pretty consistently have more kills than deaths. Staying near teammates is key. If you’re up against 2 or more enemy heroes you don’t stand much of a chance unless they suck.

Yeah I love HvV. There's a definite learning curve when you first start out and it can be frustrating going against guys who have leveled up their heroes a ridiculous amount, but once you get used to all the characters it becomes a blast playing. I mostly got into it because when I played galactic assault and in the rare chance I got to be hero I always got slaughtered because I had no idea what I was doing as the hero.

Sep 19, 2008

Yeah I love HvV. There's a definite learning curve when you first start out and it can be frustrating going against guys who have leveled up their heroes a ridiculous amount, but once you get used to all the characters it becomes a blast playing. I mostly got into it because when I played galactic assault and in the rare chance I got to be hero I always got slaughtered because I had no idea what I was doing as the hero.

I used to primarily play galactic assault (20 v 20 mode) but Heroes V Villians is amazing. I saw a streamer play it and got interested. Almost exclusively play it and leveled up a 36 Darth Vader as well as some 26 and 25 Anakins and Obi Wans. Starting to get some of my other characters past 10 too. It's pretty fun even though I usually favor huge maps with massive amounts of players.

It's true you pretty much have to stick together, because you could be on a team of 4 and all go seperate ways. Then it's like you 21 - them 35 and then people start leaving so it's 2 on 4 :laugh:

I still get slaughtered as a hero in GA, last time I played a few weeks ago I got Rey and she was the one I leveled the most on. Die after a few seconds. Then you have to grind all over again. It's all about practice and learning how to block too. Sometimes people block my Heroic Might or pull :laugh:

Reactions: kingsboy11

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I want them to add Mace Windu and Ahsoka next. Both are Clone Wars so I suppose they’d have to add Jango Fett and Ventress as their counterparts.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
CT today was amazing. The path this game has taken has been very good. Went from minimal communication and updates to now being packed with content.

Sep 19, 2008
CT today was amazing. The path this game has taken has been very good. Went from minimal communication and updates to now being packed with content.
I'll say it again but the initial "lootboxes bad ban DICE" outrage over something that never even MADE it into the game gave it a bad rap. Once people actually started playing it they realized, yes, it's good. It has it's flaws, but yes, it's good.

They desperately need

- randomized maps / private servers

- more stringent checks on hackers, see them too often

- more skins

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll say it again but the initial "lootboxes bad ban DICE" outrage over something that never even MADE it into the game gave it a bad rap. Once people actually started playing it they realized, yes, it's good. It has it's flaws, but yes, it's good.

They desperately need

- randomized maps / private servers

- more stringent checks on hackers, see them too often

- more skins
As soon as the words pride and accomplishment came out for having to unlock Vader and Luke and others, is when they lost the battle. They could have had lootboxes with star cards, just not make us waste credits on unlocking heroes, and there wouldn't have been the same backlash. Communication is also key.

Droids are getting skins, sounds like we are getting Farmboy Luke too. I play on console purely to avoid the hackers.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

Hopefully that means when/if they release the 3rd game they'll keep that junk out right from the start.

The first game suffered from an absurd lack of content, the second game suffered from lootbox backlash. Maybe with the next one they'll get it right.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Didn’t the loot box problem not even make it into the game’s actual release? I joined late but this was never a problem for me. The game has some problems with glitches occasionally but it’s addictively fun. I would like more maps and heroes but at the same time it’s definitely not lacking content.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Didn’t the loot box problem not even make it into the game’s actual release? I joined late but this was never a problem for me. The game has some problems with glitches occasionally but it’s addictively fun. I would like more maps and heroes but at the same time it’s definitely not lacking content.

Yeah they scrapped the loot box/gambling stuff - after it was not well received to say the least - in some sort of trial or beta or whatever it was. But the damage was already done at that point, the game got poor reviews and lost potential sales.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Yeah they scrapped the loot box/gambling stuff - after it was not well received to say the least - in some sort of trial or beta or whatever it was. But the damage was already done at that point, the game got poor reviews and lost potential sales.

I see why it hurt them sales-wise. But as far as quality of the game, it’s really good imo. Those fans that never gave it another shot are missing out.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Fired it up just now, and while waiting for the update I noticed I've logged over 500 hours.:huh: That can't be right..?
I play on PC and while passable I should be a lot better considering the time invested.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Until they fix hit boxes and saber swings, this will still be one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

Sep 19, 2008
The new patch is okay.

I heard about hitboxes and the sabres but I didn't have any issue with Kylo in HvV. Actually did pretty well this morning.

Which reminds me. This game doesn't let you play with friends or join friend's servers. A few things they need to add. :rant:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The new patch is okay.

I heard about hitboxes and the sabres but I didn't have any issue with Kylo in HvV. Actually did pretty well this morning.

Which reminds me. This game doesn't let you play with friends or join friend's servers. A few things they need to add. :rant:
You can invite people, it's how clans play together, youtubers with their followers, and stream snipers.

Co-op against bots for 4 people is being added too.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This new update is garbage. Blocking is broken. Force powers aren’t working. Hopefully they fix this soon.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Worst update they've had in this game. Stamina, blocking, and hit boxes are all broken. Rey's dash will make you lose all your stamina, Obi-Wan's defensive rush does the same, Yoda's push can now break blocks. This is the most broken it's ever been, and that's saying something.

Reactions: LarKing
Sep 19, 2008
People already pissed they can't use any non-saber heros :laugh:

They'll fix it. At least they're trying to update the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad