Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The light-side is OP right now because they have so many units that will give damage reduction to themselves and others. The other problem in CS is that some of the best dark-side heroes are not available to use. Bossk with his new jump kinda sucks for players that aren't already great with him. Yoda and Anakin are 2 of the best heroes in the game.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The update itself has been very good. I think co-op is a good way to have a fun experience without many of the issues, and the bots aren't complete morons like I was afraid of.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The light-side is OP right now because they have so many units that will give damage reduction to themselves and others. The other problem in CS is that some of the best dark-side heroes are not available to use. Bossk with his new jump kinda sucks for players that aren't already great with him. Yoda and Anakin are 2 of the best heroes in the game.
Yeah, clones win pretty much every time I play CS. Hopefully they sort that issue out, because it's making their best PvP game mode unbearable.

Also, I heard they're going to be adding even more to co-OP mode including a difficulty setting, which would be ideal because as of right now it's a bit too easy.

Heroes vs villains is fun at times, but if I play a map with bridges people just spam a force push to knock you off the bridge. I wish they'd just make a gladiator arena similar to what we saw in Attack of the Clones.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, clones win pretty much every time I play CS. Hopefully they sort that issue out, because it's making their best PvP game mode unbearable.

Also, I heard they're going to be adding even more to co-OP mode including a difficulty setting, which would be ideal because as of right now it's a bit too easy.

Heroes vs villains is fun at times, but if I play a map with bridges people just spam a force push to knock you off the bridge. I wish they'd just make a gladiator arena similar to what we saw in Attack of the Clones.
Before the update where they added all the damage reduction, the droids dominated because the droidekas would just speed past everyone in the ship phase. Balancing has always been an issue in this game.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

I love CS but after I’m done playing one I’m pretty much done for the day. It’s wayyyy too long. I would love difficulty settings added. It can be a challenge playing with fandoms but when you get a group together of solid players it’s way too easy.

HvV is my favorite mode by far. Jedi/sith definitely have a big advantage on levels with a lot of places to fall off. I generally just avoid using gun heroes on those levels unless my team is stacked.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Before the update where they added all the damage reduction, the droids dominated because the droidekas would just speed past everyone in the ship phase. Balancing has always been an issue in this game.

Also, the droids’ ship is just far easier to defend in general at the final stage.

Agreed on balancing issues. There are also GA maps where the attackers spawn way closer to the objective than the defenders like Jakku.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Agreed. It’s built for co-op. I think it’ll be a HvV map eventually though.
Yeah. GA requires a map to funnel you into choke points. There are good things and bad things about that style, but it's why everyone wanted CS. Between that and creating the objectives, it just wouldn't be worth the time.

HvV should happen eventually because it just requires a decently sized open area.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also, the droids’ ship is just far easier to defend in general at the final stage.

Agreed on balancing issues. There are also GA maps where the attackers spawn way closer to the objective than the defenders like Jakku.
Agreed. And the balancing has gone back and forth throughout the lifespan of the game. They'll eventually find a sweet spot, but as long as new units and changes to modes are happening, then there will always be some balancing issues.

As long as they take care of bugs, I'll be happy.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I love CS but after I’m done playing one I’m pretty much done for the day. It’s wayyyy too long. I would love difficulty settings added. It can be a challenge playing with fandoms but when you get a group together of solid players it’s way too easy.

HvV is my favorite mode by far. Jedi/sith definitely have a big advantage on levels with a lot of places to fall off. I generally just avoid using gun heroes on those levels unless my team is stacked.
Played some HvV yesterday, and it is a good time. f***, Boba Fett can be an annoying little bastard at times.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Finn with his aimbot can deal with Boba pretty easily.

Played some HvV yesterday, and it is a good time. ****, Boba Fett can be an annoying little bastard at times.

I normally just ignore Boba unless he gets too close to me. Let the shooter take care of him. He’s definitely annoying but not a huge threat unless you’re facing a really good one.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just a heads up for Vader, based on the patch notes, don't even bother using Force Choke anymore, especially in GA.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Ignorant question here.

I have not played SW battlefront 1 or 2.

I have read that there is 20vs20 multiplayer? Now based on the short youtube clips I watched is it 20vs20 plus other AI in the multiplayer game? and is this like objective based? or is it more of a battle flow with sections to beat?

I primarily play the Battlefield series so I was just wondering if this was similar as I saw it was down to 8$ on the ps store.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ignorant question here.

I have not played SW battlefront 1 or 2.

I have read that there is 20vs20 multiplayer? Now based on the short youtube clips I watched is it 20vs20 plus other AI in the multiplayer game? and is this like objective based? or is it more of a battle flow with sections to beat?

I primarily play the Battlefield series so I was just wondering if this was similar as I saw it was down to 8$ on the ps store.

Galactic Assault is 20v20 with no AI bots. It's linear with objectives and choke points, and the original main mode of the game.

Capital Supremacy is 20v20+, 20v20 humans with AI bots added for each side. It's an open-map conquest style mode. This mode is similar to Battlefield and the original Battlefronts.

This game has been on sale forever since it's disastrous launch and is finally at a point where it's well worth a buy. Sometimes their updates will introduce some pretty horrific bugs, but the content they've added has been great. They've added some quality off-line modes too.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
It’s been worth buying since it dropped basically. Free DLC and the problem people had with the game never even made it into the game’s release as far as I know. It’s buggy at times but this game is beautiful imo.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It’s been worth buying since it dropped basically. Free DLC and the problem people had with the game never even made it into the game’s release as far as I know. It’s buggy at times but this game is beautiful imo.
For me, the issues comes down to the bugs. Sometimes they completely ruin the experience, so it just depends on the updates if they have bad bugs or not in them. Luckily with Coop, I can play something that gives me entertainment, but doesn't annoy me with the horrible bugs.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
For me, the issues comes down to the bugs. Sometimes they completely ruin the experience, so it just depends on the updates if they have bad bugs or not in them. Luckily with Coop, I can play something that gives me entertainment, but doesn't annoy me with the horrible bugs.

What bugs are you getting? I’ve had the occasional hiccup but 99% of the time it’s fine for me.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

True, but only sort of. The randomized progression system that gave people massive, objective advantages was there at launch, but the ability to buy that progression was removed after the highly publicized beta backlash. Still a problem, but the pay-to-win side of the argument died off.

The biggest problem at launch IMO was the terrible server lag that was worse than the beta. Just awful at the best of times, and unplayable at the worst. It's improved in that regard.

I mean you expect a few issues at launch, but it persisted for a long time...

Don't get me wrong, I still very much enjoyed the game, but they made it hard to do so at times.

I think the lesson with EA these days is to not buy an EA game at least until it hits the $5 tier of Origin Access (or about a year or more later). They are almost always barebones and broken at launch, but can develop into something pretty good if they don't abandon them in place (looking at you, Anthem).

I will say you and a few other posters are really making me want to install the game again :laugh:

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What bugs are you getting? I’ve had the occasional hiccup but 99% of the time it’s fine for me.
The past update has been fine. It was the update or 2 before that completely broke HvV. It's just hit or miss on updates. I'd say more often then not, they are fine or just have minor bugs.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The past update has been fine. It was the update or 2 before that completely broke HvV. It's just hit or miss on updates. I'd say more often then not, they are fine or just have minor bugs.

Yeah I agree. I complained about it in this thread. They patched it pretty quickly after that and it was fine though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->