Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I recently started playing this online. The maps are great but I hate the leveling system. Feels like you have to strictly play as one class to get a good enough gun. I also don’t like how everyone and their mother are a hero near the end of it.

I like the gameplay for the most part. Every so often I run into glitches like getting stuck somewhere or spawning outside the map and dying, but it’s not a frequent thing at all.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
The game is beautiful and has some good back story into later episodes. I rarely play at all but my six year old loves it and when I jump on I still have fun with him. I do not play it online at all so I cannot comment on all the hate but local player and single player is great! Especially for the price, a fun game for star wars fans.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Is there a way to do solo flying missions in this game?? not campaign, but just not online against a bunch of teenagers that are going to kick my butt every time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Is there a way to do solo flying missions in this game?? not campaign, but just not online against a bunch of teenagers that are going to kick my butt every time.
Perhaps in arcade mode? I haven't checked it out, but I'd think it'd be there.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You know whats cool?

All the people that proved all the haters who never played the game wrong.

Props to you fellas. :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
The game got such a bad rap over a feature which was removed nearly immediately after launch. If you want to critique the map rotation fine (although they did add in the new Disney maps as well as Geonesis) but the game overall has always been a solid product, at least for the last few months. There are a few minor complaints such as trying to find a server that doesn't have high ping but other than that, the game is fine.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The game got such a bad rap over a feature which was removed nearly immediately after launch. If you want to critique the map rotation fine (although they did add in the new Disney maps as well as Geonesis) but the game overall has always been a solid product, at least for the last few months. There are a few minor complaints such as trying to find a server that doesn't have high ping but other than that, the game is fine.

It overshadowed the fact that it was a horrible game. Poorly designed maps that are extremely buggy. They took away all the cool game modes from the first game as well.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Still alive and well and the content keeps coming!

Anakin Skywalker joins the battle Feb 25th! Thats just 3 days from now!

Sep 19, 2008
Still alive and well and the content keeps coming!

Anakin Skywalker joins the battle Feb 25th! Thats just 3 days from now!

preview art

Anakin%2BBattlefront.jpg

looks pretty cool

full Trailer

Reactions: HerpaDerp

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Anakin is super overpowered. His move where he charges up that circle blast in particular is ridiculous because you can’t hurt him while he’s charging. I was thinking the other day, they should focus more on adding more special units than continuing to add heroes. There’s a lot of potential there: droidekas, assassin droids, clone commandos, inferno squad member, rogue one member, etc. Make some more variety in characters that aren’t heroes.

Sep 19, 2008
Yeah seen that critique often when I'm in game. I did play with him though in Naboo and it was cool although I was only able to get 2 kills at the final throne room stage before dying. :laugh:

Would agree with a nerf.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This game is fun as hell, and looks amazing on my new TV, but ice noticed I'll get into a flow where I only play the same couple of maps over and over.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This game is fun as hell, and looks amazing on my new TV, but ice noticed I'll get into a flow where I only play the same couple of maps over and over.

Yes this part is annoying too. I feel like I only play 3 maps despite there being way more. Lately it’s been all Clone Wars maps I believe though to focus on that era.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So I am thinking of going out of my element and trying this game since its $25. Am I going to just get absolutely killed and have zero fun? I mainly play single person games, but figured Id like to add at least one pick up and play multiplayer type game to my library.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So I am thinking of going out of my element and trying this game since its $25. Am I going to just get absolutely killed and have zero fun? I mainly play single person games, but figured Id like to add at least one pick up and play multiplayer type game to my library.

I had fun playing Battlefront II.

If you're half-decent with shooters you'll figure it out. In general, you'll start by getting murdered but once you understand the nuances of the individual maps it gets a lot easier. I find map knowledge is pretty key.

I find the BR games to be a little more trying because you don't respawn right away and you spend a lot of time just collecting stuff. It can be a lot of running around for 4-5 seconds of actual combat.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I had fun playing Battlefront II.

If you're half-decent with shooters you'll figure it out. In general, you'll start by getting murdered but once you understand the nuances of the individual maps it gets a lot easier. I find map knowledge is pretty key.

I find the BR games to be a little more trying because you don't respawn right away and you spend a lot of time just collecting stuff. It can be a lot of running around for 4-5 seconds of actual combat.

I’m playing the campaign first and it’s fun but oh man I man so bad. I die constantly over and over again. Also the checkpoints aren’t forgiving at all.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Definitely worth it. You can probably find it cheaper than that now too. I find the online galactic assault to be super addicting. The leveling/gun system is frustrating at first because you start off with a pretty shitty gun in most classes. Once you unlock some good guns/star cards you can go to town most of the time though.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad