Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This game is f***ing awesome now. CAPITAL Supremacy is a great addition. The player pool seems to be growing, too. Disney intervening, telling EA to f*** off, and handing the game over to the developers was a god send. So glad there's an amazing Star Wars game on the market again.

And this is coming from someone who swore to never give a dollar towards the game at launch. I bought it for $10 4-5 months ago, and it's become my most played game on PS4.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
I play it a lot on PC and the only complaints I have

- sometimes find myself in an empty galactic assault server

- no way to choose a server, you always have to depend on the game to put you in a server. You can't see ping of the server. Needs server browser.

- map rotation is definitely not random and is very linear. Needs to be able to randomize maps.

Capital supremacy is good but it's only one map...

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I play it a lot on PC and the only complaints I have

- sometimes find myself in an empty galactic assault server

- no way to choose a server, you always have to depend on the game to put you in a server. You can't see ping of the server. Needs server browser.

- map rotation is definitely not random and is very linear. Needs to be able to randomize maps.

Capital supremacy is good but it's only one map...
I def agree with points one and two. I havent experienced many issues with your first point.

Good news- they're adding 2-3 more maps to Capital Supremacy by June.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I love the concept of capital supremacy but the fact that it’s only one map made me get tired of it fairly quickly. Sometimes you’ll play like 5 times on the Geonosis part...

Glad to see more maps are coming though.

Sep 19, 2008

This game just continues to get better and better.

Also bored here so might as well post another video from the guy who made the videos in the last page.

Anakin nerf.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I feel like I need to reinstall this game....
The game's a blast. It's visually stunning, and the sounds and music are superb. As I mentioned earlier, EA is hands off at this point, which has been the best thing to happen to this game.

There's DLC every few months, and it usually comes with news maps, characters, and just recently a new game mode called Capital Supremacy, which has the potential to be the best game mode added to this game; The battles are epic.

I love it because it isn't an ultra competitive game. There aren't kids who can quick snipe or any of that bullshit. It's mindless fun, though CAPITAL Supremacy adds a bit of strategy.

That being said, the game still takes a bit of skill. Players who are elite with Jedi and heroes dominate matches, and swing the outcome of games. Some people may be annoyed by this, but it wouldn't be Star Wars if Jedi, heroes, and villains couldn't dominate the battlefield. It still takes skill to truly dominate with Jedi. Take it from me, someone who is below average with them haha

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Are there are more starfighter modes/maps? That was the one aspect of both of the PS4 Battlefronts I actually enjoyed a lot, but the lack of depth in those game modes got stale quickly. Also the straight-up upgrade cards in BF2 that made other starfights purely better than you pissed me off.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Just started playing this again. I can't roll? On Xbox I double tap B but no roll. I see others doing it...getting lasered too much

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
I tried B about a million times last night. I had a few beers last night and couldn't find any of the menus. Turns out I have alternate buttons mapped, I use an elite controller. Thanks. Forgot how fun this games was.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
This game is ****ing awesome now. CAPITAL Supremacy is a great addition. The player pool seems to be growing, too. Disney intervening, telling EA to **** off, and handing the game over to the developers was a god send. So glad there's an amazing Star Wars game on the market again.

And this is coming from someone who swore to never give a dollar towards the game at launch. I bought it for $10 4-5 months ago, and it's become my most played game on PS4.
Having a blast with this game mode

Reactions: Dubi Doo
May 27, 2012
Earth
I bought the game last night for 5.99. Worth it. Didn't know what Capital Supremacy was so I decided to try it out. The game ended up lasting at least 1 hour. One guy had 176 eliminations.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I bought the game last night for 5.99. Worth it. Didn't know what Capital Supremacy was so I decided to try it out. The game ended up lasting at least 1 hour. One guy had 176 eliminations.

Yeah when the teams are pretty even it can last a long time. They give the losing side an advantage when you come back to the planet. I think they should get rid of that to make the games a bit quicker.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I heard the twitch streaming of the game is down 99.9% from the day it was released. I am pretty sure this game is dead. Stop pretending it's not. :laugh:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I heard the twitch streaming of the game is down 99.9% from the day it was released. I am pretty sure this game is dead. Stop pretending it's not. :laugh:
Not sure what the 'twitch streaming' is. I'm a bit out of touch with gaming terms, but I will say I find matches with ease, so I'm not sure how it can be classified as dead?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I hope they make vehicle controls smoother. The controls are a bit choppy. Armor is a great class, tho. You can light people up. I'm always playing using it in Capital Supremacy.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I love capital supremacy but have one complaint. The Republic ship is far easier to defend on the final part than the Seperatists. The Republics has that platform with three entrances you can easily defend. I’ve seen games where the seperatists win the ground battle about ten times but can never finish it off in space. It’s just too easy to defend that last part if the teams are relatively evenly match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad