Confirmed with Link: Stanley signed - 2yrs, $900k

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
If BooLoo gets waived at training camp to try and get cap compliant, he gets claimed! He’s a cheap bottom pairing guy who brings some physicality who is signed to a decent cap hit for 1 more year. I don’t see any way he is on the Jets roster next year

Might as well trade him for future considerations now then

Reactions: jgimp

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am with @TCsmyth on this one. I didn’t like the draft choice but the kid has busted his ass and despite some significant injury set backs he has persevered over the years.

Hey everyone it’s ok to really not like a draft pick but still cheer for the kid because he is our prospect. :laugh:

Just to remind everyone last year our fan prospect poll went:

1 Perfetti
2 Heinola
3 Samberg
4 Harkins
5 Vesalainen
6 Gustafsson
7 Chisholm
8 Berdin
9 Niku
10 Gawanke
11 Nikkanen
12 Torgersson
13 Kovacevic
14 Holm
15 Stanley

Seems like the incredible off season of extra work that vaulted him forward caught everyone off guard on this board including the Jets who didn’t exactly have him penciled into the top 6-7.

Either way he took a big step and I am thrilled to be pleasantly surprised like the vast majority of Jets fans. That being said the “Mission Accomplished” banner isn’t hanging from the ship deck yet. Keep up the good work Logan but there is more work to be done.

Very fair contract for the underdog. Well done Chevy

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
IMO, Heinola is going to have to push pretty hard to get a look in this season. Would be interesting to see a Ville/Stanley tandem, but that only happens if Beaulieu gets moves or waived, I suspect.

How does Beaulieu have anything to do with seeing Ville/Stanley?

Not that it matters because Beau has to be waived. Saves 500k.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I am with @TCsmyth on this one. I didn’t like the draft choice but the kid has busted his ass and despite some significant injury set backs he has persevered over the years.

Hey everyone it’s ok to really not like a draft pick but still cheer for the kid because he is our prospect. :laugh:

1 Perfetti
2 Heinola
3 Samberg
4 Harkins
5 Vesalainen
6 Gustafsson
7 Chisholm
8 Berdin
9 Niku
10 Gawanke
11 Nikkanen
12 Torgersson
13 Kovacevic
14 Holm
15 Stanley

Seems like the incredible off season of extra work that vaulted him forward caught everyone off guard on this board including the Jets who didn’t exactly have him penciled into the top 6-7.

Either way he took a big step and I am thrilled to be pleasantly surprised like the vast majority of Jets fans. That being said the “Mission Accomplished” banner isn’t hanging from the ship deck yet. Keep up the good work Logan but there is more work to be done.

Interesting. But I'm guessing the Jets organization likely had him much higher on their prospect list. Forever we will be wearing a certain level of blinders on where prospects actually slot in on TNSE list of prospects.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think anyone expecting over a million max were out to lunch. This kid has 40ish games of NHL experience having been sheltered for a lot of it. He's been very good on the 3rd pairing but this is a normal contract.

And it is a cut in pay for him, so ........

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If BooLoo gets waived at training camp to try and get cap compliant, he gets claimed! He’s a cheap bottom pairing guy who brings some physicality who is signed to a decent cap hit for 1 more year. I don’t see any way he is on the Jets roster next year

At cut down time there are a lot of players waived and not claimed, including some better than Beaulieu. Teams are making hard decisions to get down to 23 players and/or under the cap. They aren't looking to pick up players.

If we wanted to make sure he was completely gone, we waive him sooner. If we want him with the Moose, available for recall, we wait until the last day of TC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting. But I'm guessing the Jets organization likely had him much higher on their prospect list. Forever we will be wearing a certain level of blinders on where prospects actually slot in on TNSE list of prospects.

Yea he wasn’t 15th on the Jets depth chart….but….I think he earned a hard look by how his camp went. Like many rookies it did take luck, injuries, and the Sbisa getting claimed from waivers to provide opportunity. He did the rest.

It’s also why our Fans shouldn’t stress over who is on the outside looking in on day one. There is a reasonable chance our top 6 D will miss 60 + man games to injury. Just like Stanley, one or both of Heinola and Samberg could easily get a good look.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Nashville just signed Dante Fabbro to a 2 year 2.4 mill Aav contract……

He was drafted 1 pick before Stanley @ 17 Th over- all…… inn2016 draft

has played 70 more games than Stanley and has shown more offence with 24 points

of course # 16 Th over all was the guy (D) to move up and get …… he has 4 years at 4.6 mill left on his long term contract he signed with Arizona (Chychrun)

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

of course # 16 Th over all was the guy (D) to move up and get …… he has 4 years at 4.6 mill left on his long term contract he signed with Arizona (Chychrun)

Also Cholowski who was picked 20th, 104 gp, 27 pts now and was picked by Seattle. It will be interesting how all these D men compare in a few years.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Also Cholowski who was picked 20th, 104 gp, 27 pts now and was picked by Seattle. It will be interesting how all these D men compare in a few years.

could include Bean @ 13 who got 2.3 mill from Columbus…… and Mcavoy who is the Franchise D-Man on Boston @15 Th overall

The run on Defenceman between 12-20 in the 2016 draft is very interesting to compare 5 years later…..

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

But it could have well been the Jets had 3 defenseman they had high on their list that they would have been happy at in their original position and saw 2 go off the board back to back at 16 & 17 and then decided to move up so as not to lose out on all 3.

Reactions: kellhunter

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
What happened to cholowski? I thought he was a can’t miss prospect after his D+1
cant defend
could include Bean @ 13 who got 2.3 mill from Columbus…… and Mcavoy who is the Franchise D-Man on Boston @15 Th overall

The run on Defenceman between 12-20 in the 2016 draft is very interesting to compare 5 years later…..
dont forget chyhcrun and the year he just had

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Good deal for the Jets, and at a very reasonable price, for a big defenseman, with a lot of upside, who continues to improve and will surprise a lot of people, when he finally reaches his full potential.

I like this guy a lot, and has a great shot as well. Lot's of upside here.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

1 Perfetti
2 Heinola
3 Samberg
4 Harkins
5 Vesalainen
6 Gustafsson
7 Chisholm
8 Berdin
9 Niku
10 Gawanke
11 Nikkanen
12 Torgersson
13 Kovacevic
14 Holm
15 Stanley

To the bolded it would be up if Stanley had been taken by Nashville. Just sayin'

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
DeMelo on Biiiiig Logan from his long-form interview in The Athletic:

I figured Stan (Logan Stanley) was going to get protected over me, and that was purely off how great of a year he had and the potential he has as a player. His growth, if he can get to where we all think he can get to, he’s going to be a heck of a defenceman in this league. And I understood that.

Dylan DeMelo on Brenden Dillon, Nate Schmidt and the emotions of Seattle exposure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad