Confirmed with Link: Stanley signed - 2yrs, $900k

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Excellent deal for a promising D, and a decent bet on himself. He'll get a nice raise next time round if he continues his dev path -- and he'll deserve it.

Now time for Copper, the 3 x 3.5 Million Dollar Man!

GCn07

Feb 27, 2018
Guy took a discount for sure. Didn't he get paid more with bonuses last year?

This is no discount. A fair contract imo. Stanley will be pushed to keep his position by Heinola and just got a one way deal for 900k. I would imagine he was quite happy with that.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
A one way deal for close to a million seems like a pretty fair offer to me considering he will be pushed hard to not be in the press box by Heinola.

Oh I agree. No discount here. Just the going rate really. Not sure why ppl expected him to get more for half a season of NHL experience. If we are being realistic... Big Stan is really still unproven at the NHL level... he had a ok 40 or so games vs the same few teams. This season will be the let's see what we really got here with him.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
A one way deal for close to a million seems like a pretty fair offer to me considering he will be pushed hard to not be in the press box by Heinola.

IMO, Heinola is going to have to push pretty hard to get a look in this season. Would be interesting to see a Ville/Stanley tandem, but that only happens if Beaulieu gets moves or waived, I suspect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->