Confirmed with Link: Stanley signed - 2yrs, $900k

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good contract - pretty much as expected.

Leaves only about 9.8M to re-sign Copp and Pionk.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Nicely done, Chevy

Go get them, Tree. Show people some bark

tree_1.gif

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Off hand, does anyone know if this takes him to UFA?
Nope. 7 professional seasons or 27 years old, whichever comes first. He'll have 5 professional seasons and be 25 by the end of this deal. This is assuming he plays enough NHL games over the next 2 seasons. If he plays less than 36 NHL games, he becomes a group 6 UFA.

I think. We have posters with more knowledge about this stuff, and I'll let them call me out if I'm wrong!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Nice --a starting 3LD at an affordable price, who now gets to prove himself worthy prior to a bigger contract.

For comparison, Oleksiak just signed for $4.6M x 5 years, at age 29. Methinks Stanley has the potential to be his equal by the end of this contract.

With Brenden Dillon (2 LD floor) and Stanley (3LD floor) the Jets have 2 competent, big defencemen to fill the L side for just 200K more than the Oleksiak contract.

:clap:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think anyone expecting over a million max were out to lunch. This kid has 40ish games of NHL experience having been sheltered for a lot of it. He's been very good on the 3rd pairing but this is a normal contract.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
In reality he has less than 1 normal season of pro experience. Last year was shortened plus he only played 40 or so games. Maybe if he played 82 he'd have gotten more or maybe not

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
IMO, Heinola is going to have to push pretty hard to get a look in this season. Would be interesting to see a Ville/Stanley tandem, but that only happens if Beaulieu gets moves or waived, I suspect.

The disadvantage Heinola has as well are the ELC bonuses that would cripple the Jets in 22-23.

Reactions: JetsUK

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I think anyone expecting over a million max were out to lunch. This kid has 40ish games of NHL experience having been sheltered for a lot of it. He's been very good on the 3rd pairing but this is a normal contract.

Agreed. If anything this could indicate that the are nearing resolution with the other two RFAs, as they could’ve squeezed Stanley for a 1 year league min contract if necessary.

Reactions: JetsUK

GCn07

Feb 27, 2018
There was no discount. He has half a season of NHL experience and no arb rights

Exactly right. This is the going rate really. A slight bump off league min and a one way contract. Any more would have been an over pay. I like the progress big Stan has made but he is still very green. I think many here are over rating him based on his size and the fact he came out of left field this year to win his job.

GCn07

Feb 27, 2018
Im pumped for the upcoming season. I cannot wait to see the Twin towers wreck fools!View attachment 459251

Agreed. Would love to see big Stan get a little meaner on the back end. Not that he wasn't physical enough, just love to see him put the hurt on the opposition on a little more and become a dominant physical force when he's on the ice.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Agreed. Would love to see big Stan get a little meaner on the back end. Not that he wasn't physical enough, just love to see him put the hurt on the opposition on a little more and become a dominant physical force when he's on the ice.
I think he is still finding his identity. What gave me hope was when Perry refused to fight and some opposing players avoided him.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
IMO, Heinola is going to have to push pretty hard to get a look in this season. Would be interesting to see a Ville/Stanley tandem, but that only happens if Beaulieu gets moves or waived, I suspect.

Don't you think Stanley is starting with DeMelo?
Boo Boo can't be higher then 7th on the depth chart with the signings we made.

Reactions: Jets 31 and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad