Attachments

• upload_2021-8-4_12-42-33.gif
    upload_2021-8-4_12-42-33.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets will more then likely be required to move on from DeMelo in a year. I expect one or both of Samberg/Heinola to be converted to RD on the Moose this year and then take the spot the following year.

I see this I 2022/-2023

JoMo Schmidt
Dillion Pionk
Stanley Heinola
A year is a long way off. Over the last couple years, I have moved away from trying to predict the roster more than a year out. Too much happens every season to really have any idea. This year I'm very comfortable with a D-Core of:

Morrissey - Schmidt
Dillion - Pionk
Stanley - Demelo
BooBoo

I'd prefer BooBoo be moved or waived, but I don't think that is realistic. Being #7 is by far the most likely. He is very popular with his teammates and the coach likes him. He is also one of the few Jets who has played with any type of an edge the last 2 seasons. I see him being a short term replacement for injuries and Heinola or Samberg brought up in longer term situations.

Reactions: hn777 and Classic16

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
A year is a long way off. Over the last couple years, I have moved away from trying to predict the roster more than a year out. Too much happens every season to really have any idea. This year I'm very comfortable with a D-Core of:

Morrissey - Schmidt
Dillion - Pionk
Stanley - Demelo
BooBoo

I'd prefer BooBoo be moved or waived, but I don't think that is realistic. Being #7 is by far the most likely. He is very popular with his teammates and the coach likes him. He is also one of the few Jets who has played with any type of an edge the last 2 seasons. I see him being a short term replacement for injuries and Heinola or Samberg brought up in longer term situations.

I see them waiving Beau but only to get max LTIR cushion. Host certainly is the number 7 given how much the coach and his teammates like him.

Not sure how we make it work with Pionk and Copp but we will find out shortly.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Very good with a good partner in DeMelo. We all saw what happened with Benn. I don't think folks have an idea on the level of sheltering that he received. And add in that it was in the worst division in the league. Outside of the five minutes where he scored two goals he was pretty meh. Are we getting carried away with the fact that because he actually played games he has been a success? That's a pretty low bar for a first round pick that you traded up for going into his draft +6 year. This year should be interesting to watch if nothing else. Hope it works out becuase clearly with the way the lineup is constructed they have decided that Stanley gives them a better chance than Heinola or Samberg for the next 2 years.

It will also be interesting to see what happens to Hienola and Samberg. Hienola is NHL ready now and will he want to play another year in the AHL or does he go back to Europe. One has to think that one or both gets traded.

*Heinola

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I see them waiving Beau but only to get max LTIR cushion. Host certainly is the number 7 given how much the coach and his teammates like him.

Not sure how we make it work with Pionk and Copp but we will find out shortly.
Agreed, I see the Jets doing the same with BooBoo they did with MP last season to get cap compliant, but then he will be back on the roster. My honest guess is they sign Pionk medium term (4-5 years) to keep the cap hit at $6M or slightly less, and grind it out with Copp in arbitration and try to get him as low as possible for this season and either make a hockey trade down the line or just expect to lose him after the season. I think after last season loss of revenue, and a shrinking season ticket cushion the organization wants a very successful season and as many playoff rounds as they can get and deal with the following season when it comes.

Reactions: hn777 and thereturn

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agreed, I see the Jets doing the same with BooBoo they did with MP last season to get cap compliant, but then he will be back on the roster. My honest guess is they sign Pionk medium term (4-5 years) to keep the cap hit at $6M or slightly less, and grind it out with Copp in arbitration and try to get him as low as possible for this season and either make a hockey trade down the line or just expect to lose him after the season. I think after last season loss of revenue, and a shrinking season ticket cushion the organization wants a very successful season and as many playoff rounds as they can get and deal with the following season when it comes.

Yeah I've been pushing the 4 year term for Pionk as well. It takes him to 30 which would still be an attractive age to hit UFA for another big deal. It likely allows us to get him in the $5.9 to $6.1 aav range.

I can't see any longer then a two year deal for Copp, most likely a one year deal in around $3.75 million and even those numbers are incredibly hard to fit under the cap.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Glad they didn't overpay him, now hopefully he can develop well in these two years

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

If BooLoo gets waived at training camp to try and get cap compliant, he gets claimed! He’s a cheap bottom pairing guy who brings some physicality who is signed to a decent cap hit for 1 more year. I don’t see any way he is on the Jets roster next year

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If BooLoo gets waived at training camp to try and get cap compliant, he gets claimed! He’s a cheap bottom pairing guy who brings some physicality who is signed to a decent cap hit for 1 more year. I don’t see any way he is on the Jets roster next year

Yeah I think Buffalo would likely put in a claim on him if not Edmonton probably would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad