Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Calgary fans are just sitting there in shock

upload_2019-4-20_0-28-57.png

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I watched many a game this season like others at hfboards, bored. Little to no hitting, no rivalries (as Torts pointed out), and a possession - obsessed game that often looked more like keep-a-way -with-the-puck than hockey, even in 3 on 3 overtime.

"Oh, but it's for playoff seeding and home ice in the playoffs," I told myself.

Both of which have shown to have little to no value.

I like a good upset, but the regular season is a time investment and for ticket buyers, a money investment. I guess if we are entertained, fine.

But already this season I skipped games for other endeavors and now I'm sure I'll be doing likewise even more next season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As of today - yah today, my favorite to win the Cup

Columbus Bluejackets

They could be the 1997 Florida Marlins

They win Cup and see multiple star players leave and be picking in top 10 next year

Reactions: Estlin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I watched many a game this season like others at hfboards, bored. Little to no hitting, no rivalries (as Torts pointed out), and a possession - obsessed game that often looked more like keep-a-way -with-the-puck than hockey, even in 3 on 3 overtime.

"Oh, but it's for playoff seeding and home ice in the playoffs," I told myself.

Both of which have shown to have little to no value.

I like a good upset, but the regular season is a time investment and for ticket buyers, a money investment. I guess if we are entertained, fine.

But already this season I skipped games for other endeavors and now I'm sure I'll be doing likewise even more next season.

Having two one seeds lose round one solidifies the NHL's regular season is useless. Just get in, and you have close to a 50% chance of doing that just by showing up.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Having two one seeds lose round one solidifies the NHL's regular season is useless. Just get in, and you have close to a 50% chance of doing that just by showing up.
There's a reason why they don't play games on paper. Unfortunately the Bolts and Flames didn't even show up, so they didn't even have 50% chance of advancing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
-NHL is a copycat league
-Should CBJ win the cup?
-Trade deadline day is going to be awesome.
-Everyone is going to want to keep their UFA's and try and load up for a run.
Better Chance

Columbus wins 2019 Cup

Columbus picks top 12 of 2020 draft

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
There's a reason why they don't play games on paper. Unfortunately the Bolts and Flames didn't even show up, so they didn't even have 50% chance of advancing.
At least the 2 seeds Boston & Nashville won 2 games.

Whoooohooo

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
-NHL is a copycat league
-Should CBJ win the cup?
-Trade deadline day is going to be awesome.
-Everyone is going to want to keep their UFA's and try and load up for a run.
Yep, and if the B’s manage to right the ship quickly and hoist the cup there is going to be a run on 42 year old defensemen. We have the market cornered on those!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yep, and if the B’s manage to right the ship quickly and hoist the cup there is going to be a run on 42 year old defensemen. We have the market cornered on those!

My guess is that with Columbus sitting at home for so long Torts is alternating practices

1) This is what we are going to do to beat Toronto
2) This is what we are going to do to beat Boston

He's had a lot of time to plan against 2 different styles.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yup and when you aren’t a top 1 or 2 seed there is little pressure so that parts out

Only 1/2 league makes playoffs so you have to perform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad