NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Blues tie it, Jets with another blown 3rd period lead, and Kevin Hayes with an abysmal empty net gaffe that his brother Jimmy wouldn’t have missed

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That was an unbelievable goal by Schwartz. To get that much power behind that type of mid air redirection...wow.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Road team has won every game in that WPG-STL series.

#8 seeds are 7-1 against #1 seeds.

Weird.

It's weird and I love it. Happenings like that should remind you why teams are so weary of being sellers during the season. The Jackets were deemed to be selling and now some experts have them in the drivers seat and being buyers appeared to have worked out alright for them.

NHL imo has the (close to) perfect balance between good/great teams being rewarded and parity (like the Knights coming out of nowhere). But shockingly over the past 10 years there have only been 5 different teams crowned champions. Caps, Penguins, Blackhawks, Kings and obviously Bruins (+ one more SC-final during those years). But it's not like finals match-ups happen three times in a row and can be predicted before the season starts like Warriors vs. Cavs.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Reilly Smith near takes face off Couture .2 refs and 2 linesmen and puck right there and they did not see it.Then they give him 2 mins and blood on ice hahahahahahaha THE REFS IN THIS LEAGUE SUCK.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Connor looked bad on the winning goal against the Jets. He was cheating to go with the puck before he got it. Blues guy swooped in and took it and made the winning pass to the slot.

On Hockey Central today they said the same refs we had in game 3 worked the last Flames game and no huge media outrage. One team had such a crybaby attitude over them, yet it helped the Bruins get more power plays.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Connor looked bad on the winning goal for the Jets. He was cheating to go with the puck before he got it. Blues guy swooped in and took it and made the winning pass to the slot.

On Hockey Central today they said the same refs we had in game 3 worked the last Flames game and no huge media outrage. One team had such a crybaby attitude over them, yet it helped the Bruins get more power plays.

His postgame comments were ill-advised

"Lucky pinballs," is how Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck would describe the game-winner, as Tyler Bozak's pass from the corner was tipped out of the air by Schwartz, who set-up directly in front of his crease, with the teams just 15 seconds away from going to overtime.

"Tough to eat that one, but I thought we were the better team. If we keep fighting here, it’s not over," said Hellebuyck.

Jets squander yet another early lead, lose 3-2 to Blues in Game 5 stunner

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ran into at least 4 lightning players tonight in a Tampa bar. Pretty cool... other than the sweep and all.. that was awkward

Reactions: BMC

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
His postgame comments were ill-advised

"Lucky pinballs," is how Jets goalie Connor Hellebuyck would describe the game-winner, as Tyler Bozak's pass from the corner was tipped out of the air by Schwartz, who set-up directly in front of his crease, with the teams just 15 seconds away from going to overtime.

"Tough to eat that one, but I thought we were the better team. If we keep fighting here, it’s not over," said Hellebuyck.

Jets squander yet another early lead, lose 3-2 to Blues in Game 5 stunner
I meant Kyle Connor the winger. He was soft on the boards and was looking to get out of the zone before he had it. On the wrong side of the puck with seconds to go, very bad positioning. Defending the zone was the priority, eating the puck and keeping it to the boards.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I've been critical of some of the league's rulings, but I do think they got the call right on the Blues' controversial goal. I also agree with their explanation. Had Byfuglien not pushed the St. Louis player into the net, the Jets may have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

Typically I pull for Winnipeg, but they have no one to blame. They had numerous opportunities to clinch the division down the stretch yet played disinterested hockey. Instead of playing Dallas, who they've mostly manhandled in recent years, they got a streaking Blues team no one wanted anything to do with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad