Stamkos is Roarin' Back!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Your team didnt make the playoffs for 10 years and hasnt won a series in 14 years. Where was Matthews this past April btw?
Didn't you see, he was hurt. Matthews is the only player ever hurt to play in the playoffs. EVER. He is a legend.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
New player since the Nashville game. I think it's safe to say he's back. 50 isn't out of the question. Amazing story.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Leafs Fans always gotta try and come in and rain on our parade...... Must still be Salty Stammer Rejected them and came back home. :nod::laugh:
It's literally one poster spouting nonsense. You can choose to ignore him or be just as petty as him. You're clearly doing the latter.

The majority of us are rational and believe Tampa is the clear cut #1 contender for the cup. Stamkos is doing great and we're happy for him, love that guy.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Didn't you see, he was hurt. Matthews is the only player ever hurt to play in the playoffs. EVER. He is a legend.

Probably also the only player to be shut down by Patrice Bergeron and the Boston Bruins, am I right (Oh wait Crosby didn't score a single point against them in a series in the middle of his prime!)?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Probably also the only player to be shut down by Patrice Bergeron and the Boston Bruins, am I right (Oh wait Crosby didn't score a single point against them in a series in the middle of his prime!)?

Brayden Point must be really, really good then.

Reactions: Hoek

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
At the start of the season, and especially after only scoring 2 goals in October, never would I have imagined he'd set a new career high for goals in a month as he has this month with 14 of them. It's been an extremely joyful month to witness after all the adversity Stammer has gone through the last 5 years. He declined as the team around him got elite, but this month Stamkos has been at his past elite level with the best roster he's ever had, and the result is the Lightning have won 11 of 12 games this month, and even got a point in their one loss on the road against a great Jets team. While he was still a really good player in our elite playoff runs starting in 2015 (though he missed almost all the 2016 one), he had fallen off the elite level by then. Hopefully this elite revival of his can last, giving us something we lacked in all our other recent playoff runs.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Such a shame the injuries he had obviously effected him a lot, he was a guy I felt could've challenged Ovie and the fact that Ovie is challenging Gretzky says it all, Stammer was an absolute beast and still is.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
At the start of the season, and especially after only scoring 2 goals in October, never would I have imagined he'd set a new career high for goals in a month as he has this month with 14 of them. It's been an extremely joyful month to witness after all the adversity Stammer has gone through the last 5 years. He declined as the team around him got elite, but this month Stamkos has been at his past elite level with the best roster he's ever had, and the result is the Lightning have won 11 of 12 games this month, and even got a point in their one loss on the road against a great Jets team. While he was still a really good player in our elite playoff runs starting in 2015 (though he missed almost all the 2016 one), he had fallen off the elite level by then. Hopefully this elite revival of his can last, giving us something we lacked in all our other recent playoff runs.
Stamkos still needs 5 goals in his next 2 games if he wants to score more goals in December than Laine did in November...

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
Stevie Stamkos is a very nice hockey player and person. He had some rough seasons, but now he is getting back to the level he is supposed to be at. 50 goals possible is?

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
What are some comps player wise?

As in: insanely talented player who was so good at a young age. Then experienced two devastating leg injuries.

How did said player bounce back?

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
What are some comps player wise?

As in: insanely talented player who was so good at a young age. Then experienced two devastating leg injuries.

How did said player bounce back?

I'd look at someone like Spezza who's career was seemingly going off the rails by continuous injuries, but bounced back to an 84 point season and top 10 in scoring. Believe he was older for that season.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
The majority of us are rational and believe Tampa is the clear cut #1 contender for the cup. Stamkos is doing great and we're happy for him, love that guy.

Thank you. Great post. I wish more of you posted.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Lost in the accolades that Kucherov has been receiving is how excellent Stamkos has been as well. A lot of people point to the Nashville game in November as his "wake up call".

Since that game:
39 GP
27 goals (tied with Ovechkin for 1st)
55 points (tied with McDavid for 3rd)

It's been quite a renaissance season for Stamkos. Glad to see him getting back on track.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
He is so much better with the puck than he ever was before. I wonder if Point and Kucherov gave him some advice because he is so much more confident with the puck.
Definitely the biggest difference is his confidence. He is being very decisive and he's FLYING around like a madman! Great to see. Didn't think we'd ever see him play at this level again.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad