Stamkos is Roarin' Back!

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'd almost given up on this version of Stammer before the season, but tonight just put a big fat exclamation point on what has slowly been developing over the last two months.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He did have 86 points last season. Safe to say it was just a slow start

Sort of. He's shown "flashes" of elite play over the last 5 years, but this is the longest consistent stretch we've seen. A huge chunk of last year's points were pretty pedestrian. This year? Not so much. He's creating plays, finishing plays, attacking the net, everything. He struggled for about 12 games. Had a TERRIBLE game against Nashville, and it's been beastmode ever since.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
As if Tampa needed more offense...

Good for him. One of my favorite players in the league, glad to see him starting to return to his old-self. Hopefully that sticks around - it's good for the game.

For a while I really thought he could give Ovechkin a run for his money. I think it's too late for that now, but he could still be a force.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Insane he’s only 28.

Without this thread I would have guessed 33 or something with his accomplishments and the number of times it feels like he’s gone through injuries.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I just hope they win the Presidents Trophy. :naughty:
giphy.gif

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I've always liked Stamkos' game but at the same time he's still a guy who never shows up in big games and that has heavily diminished what people think of him. Absolutely no ability to raise the game of others around him. When he was injured a winger did a better job of elevating his teammates than he did. And now, a young 22yr old centre is doing stuff Stamkos could never do (Ie. play 2 way, winning hockey and raise the game of others).

Stammer is a hell of a fantasy player, but nothing more than that.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
I've always liked Stamkos' game but at the same time he's still a guy who never shows up in big games and that has heavily diminished what people think of him. Absolutely no ability to raise the game of others around him. When he was injured a winger did a better job of elevating his teammates than he did. And now, a young 22yr old centre is doing stuff Stamkos could never do (Ie. play 2 way, winning hockey and raise the game of others).

Stammer is a hell of a fantasy player, but nothing more than that.
This might come as a surprise if you're an Oilers fan, but teams are allowed to have more than one star player.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
^reg season stamkos, playoff stamkos:
petmd-kitten-development.jpg
Quite ironic for Oiler and Leaf fans to come in and knock a players playoff performance. Kind of hard to knock your players playoffs with their tiny sample sizes, but wouldn't you know Stamkos' playoff points/game is higher than Mcdavid and Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad