Stamkos is Roarin' Back!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Definitely the biggest difference is his confidence. He is being very decisive and he's FLYING around like a madman! Great to see. Didn't think we'd ever see him play at this level again.

If you read my posts back in November before his game changed, I was tossing around the idea of trading him lol. Glad hes proven me wrong.

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
If you read my posts back in November before his game changed, I was tossing around the idea of trading him lol. Glad hes proven me wrong.
I think most of us wanted to trade him, he wasn’t very good. But, this current version of stamkos is wonderful. Possibly the best stamkos we have ever seen.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
TB fans can tell if I’m wrong since I don’t watch you guys consistently. But to me its seems that over the last 2/3 seasons that Stamkos’ playmaking has increased a ton. Obviously he can still score with the best of them but he seems to have added another element to his game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
TB fans can tell if I’m wrong since I don’t watch you guys consistently. But to me its seems that over the last 2/3 seasons that Stamkos’ playmaking has increased a ton. Obviously he can still score with the best of them but he seems to have added another element to his game.

No it's the opposite, his scoring has gone up tremendously right back to the levels of his prime which has been lacking in his game for the past 3 years. When his scoring/shooting menality is up everything else falls into place including his passing game. His play of late has been a direct result of him shooting more.

I'm not sure what you mean by new element either, he had 59 assists last year which was a career high and was primarily "passing", he's much better this year as a shooter.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas

Yea his play making definitely has increased a ton. Last season he was mostly trying to be a playmaker and did pretty well at it, but he wasn't shooting like he should be. This season, after than horrid Nashville game, he seems to have regained his confidence in his shot, his playmaking has gotten even better and his overall game has just hit a new stride. Literally. Stamkos 3.0. He is such a treat to watch. Watch out next season, if he starts the season with his level of play now, it's going to be a race between him and ovi for the rocket like it should be. Just how this new stamkos transfers to the playoffs.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
No it's the opposite, his scoring has gone up tremendously right back to the levels of his prime which has been lacking in his game for the past 3 years. When his scoring/shooting menality is up everything else falls into place including his passing game. His play of late has been a direct result of him shooting more.

Makes sense. His prime seasons I know he was the best sniper not named Ovi, but the last couple seasons I saw him passing more for whatever reason and it working for the most part. Obviously that’s not his game. Glad to see he’s seemingly back to himself and it makes sense it came with him shooting more.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I was very vocal about not wanting Stamkos to resign in Tampa when he was up for a contract because I really felt like the injuries and the downward slope he was on was his new reality.

I am so happy to be wrong. He's been spectacular. No ego in Stamkos. He's clearly not the guy anymore, and it doesn't matter. He works hard, and does his job. He's evolved his game to fit his team and the needs. He's still a sniper but he's become a more well rounded player in all zones.

I love seeing what Kucherov is doing right now but watching Stamkos be revitalzed like this honestly gives me so much joy.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

I'm not sure what you mean by new element either, he had 59 assists last year which was a career high and was primarily "passing", he's much better this year as a shooter.

Yeah, when he tries to primarily be a playmaker, he sucks. Last year, despite putting up 59 assists, he wasn’t very good aside from the start of the year. Much better when he shoots first and passes second.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
a7068fbd95779d4110fec25158442bb6.gif

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
If the Bolts get over the hump it’ll be because Stamkos is on form in the playoffs and/or Vasi plays adequately. Stamkos was an anchor on the ice against the Caps last year at ES. Him being a threat at ES would really change the equation in April/May.

Reactions: berlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad