GDT: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks | Cup Defense on the Brink |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
As I've said I'm not going to hold this playoff performance against the team any longer than tomorrow with how everything is. Just sucks because I think we were poised for a deeper run (at least 2nd round or WCF) had the virus pause not come along.
Given how the team looked to be pacing themselves compared to other teams going full bore to the end of the regular season. They were going to have the energy advantage over teams in a regular playoff situation

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
As I've said I'm not going to hold this playoff performance against the team any longer than tomorrow with how everything is. Just sucks because I think we were poised for a deeper run (at least 2nd round or WCF) had the virus pause not come along.
Yeah, it is unfortunate. I might be misremembering, but I think I was pretty happy with the state of the Blues game at the time of the stoppage.

Even though it ultimately didn't do the Blues any favors in how it all played out, I'm glad the NHL is doing this just for some closure for the season. It would have been far worse if the Blues never had a chance at all given how they looked at the stoppage.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
And we are on the board! Maybe one last big one from the Captain!
giphy.gif

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I disagree, Blues would have beaten Phili and for sure Dallas, The Canucks are VERY young and really went to school on the St Louis system of hard work, goaltending was the difference in this series.
All of this, AND the fact that The Blues just didn't have the urgency to combat those things.

And Schwartz scores a meaningless goal.

Reactions: mk80

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The nucks will pull the ol hitch turtle long enough to give us hope and then yank it away once we pull allen for the extra man.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Thomas gets Blues' MVP for this series. He's been the only one other than O'Reilly, who has been skating all through every game, and he's had the most good shots. When your team's best passer is doing most of the shooting, you know your team is in trouble.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Pietrangelo hasn't been as good this go around (Who has?), but he's still been one of our best players and IMO losing him immediately closes whatever Cup window one thinks we might have at the moment.

You offer him a blank check, hope he takes it, and cut whatever fat elsewhere that you must to make it work.

If it were that easy you have to think a deal would have been completed before now. Who knows, maybe 27 is dead set on seeing what UFA offers are out there and that’s always been has been.

And now Roy is coaching the Blues, pulling the goalie with 8 minutes left haha

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Thomas gets Blues' MVP for this series. He's been the only one other than O'Reilly, who has been skating all through every game, and he's had the most good shots. When your team's best passer is doing most of the shooting, you know your team is in trouble.
Really? He’s been generally terrible. Throwing puck around randomly, turning puck over. Great talent but he has had bad series.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
agreed and schenner was doing work also in the series but not tonight ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad