Edler-Stecher
Fantenberg-Benn

Markstrom

4c7k96.jpg

Normal Blues postseason dread kicking in
2huhHsJ.gif

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
It's so frustrating that this team is nowhere near playing their best, but could have a stranglehold on this series. And instead, they're on the brink of elimination. Last year, that meant amazing hockey is going to be played. Here's hoping there's still a little magic in there.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
It's so frustrating that this team is nowhere near playing their best, but could have a stranglehold on this series. And instead, they're on the brink of elimination. Last year, that meant amazing hockey is going to be played. Here's hoping there's still a little magic in there.
this year is f***ed anyways. the covid cup is pretty dumb. the way vancouver was playing at the pause, they wouldnt have even made the playoffs and we were on our way to winning the west. instead we get a 4th spot lol.

whatever happens happens but i wanna see max effort for 60mins. the blues have pretty much dictated the play for the entire series until last game when they went up 3-1. just need to put it all together for 60mins.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t truly think they have it this year, but I don’t want it to end yet. The Blues have been at their best in elimination games in recent years. It’s hard to imagine them not winning tonight and forcing a game 7.
i think they will win this series but no way in hell are they winning the west

Reactions: Bendak

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
i think they will win this series but no way in hell are they winning the west
It would have gone a long way, setting up the bracket so Colorado and Vegas had to face each other first. The normal schedule would have been Colorado in the 2nd round anyway, so I guess it makes little difference.

It’s hard to believe the inexperienced Canucks will have a knockout blow ready for the Blues tonight.

Reactions: Bendak and Blueston

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
It would have gone a long way, setting up the bracket so Colorado and Vegas had to face each other first. The normal schedule would have been Colorado in the 2nd round anyway, so I guess it makes little difference.

It’s hard to believe the inexperienced Canucks will have a knockout blow ready for the Blues tonight.
Blues have dictated play throughout most of all the games except after being up 3-1 in game 5. Inferior goaltending, a few brain farts, not capitalizing enough on chances, powerplay/penalty killing has put them on the brink. Anything can happen in a 7 game series. Best team often doesn't win. If Blues get solid goaltending and don't give up easy chances then they should win easily. Canucks do have some skills too though and will always have a punchers chance. Must execute.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
If we play our game for 60 minutes we win. Our best is better than their best. But if we make mistakes and take dumb penalties they are good team and absolutely can beat us.
Scariest thing for Blues is that Markstrom can be a difference maker. He can absolutely steal a game even if being thoroughly outplayed. Petterson is the second biggest worry. Supremely skilled when on his game and can snipe with the best. If he gets hot, he can also almost single handedly win a game.

Mar 6, 2012
Not feeling good about tonight... I mean... I FEEL GREAT.

Yay, go hockey.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
8:45 is a liiittle better.

barbashev, I call you.

and our goalie needs to stop one canuck that gets behind the defense

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Give me Binner in net tonight. I think he is more likely than Allen to bring his A game tonight. But throw that out and I still say give me Binner in net tonight.

I want to see how he responds to this. If he comes out as the Binner we know and love, I'm on board giving him an extension at top 10 starter money. With uncertainty around Petro and Tarasenko's future, this offseason is going to be huge no matter what happens in the next 5 weeks. Give Binner a chance to come out and resoundingly say "I'm your guy." Every goalie can have a few bad games in the playoffs. Give him a chance to show that last year wasn't a fluke and that the start of this series was a blip.

I was 100% in support of Allen starting the last 3 games. He earned it and you have to go with the hot hand down 0-2. Now is the time to give your starter the net back.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I’ll be bummed if we lose, but tbh that cup win last year will soften the blow of playoff losses for me for at least a couple years.
That being said...if they show up tonight lifeless and get smoked, I will be pretty pissed.
This is my thoughts as well. This year has been bad for me and i don't want it to end as it's the only thing that i look forward to.

Anyway i hope to see a pissed off Binnington in net tonight.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Scariest thing for Blues is that Markstrom can be a difference maker. He can absolutely steal a game even if being thoroughly outplayed. Petterson is the second biggest worry. Supremely skilled when on his game and can snipe with the best. If he gets hot, he can also almost single handedly win a game.
If we bring our A game I'll take my chances.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
You would rather watch hockey at 9:45am Sat morning than 8:45pm Fri night?

One time I was stationed in Japan and we were a day ahead of the U.S.

A girl stateside asked us not to tell her the score of the Superbowl. Then she thought about and decided it was best if we did tell her. :)

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I won't hold it against the Blues, for more than 24 hours, if tonight is indeed the last game with the way Covid has affected everything. But I hope we can pull through tonight go on to win this series.

Also depending on the results tonight, we may be watching Pietrangelo's last game as a Blue....

Let's Go Blues! Let's bring the A game and take it to them tonight! I probably won't be online for tonight's game so I'll most likely catch all of you on the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->