St. Louis and San Jose Watch (1st round picks)

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The top 10 protection is optional correct? As in if the Blues finish with pick 9 or 10 they may choose to just give up the pick this year?

A lot likelier the Blues finish bottom 10 then make the playoffs. As us Sabre fans have learned the last 6 years you can definitely play yourself out of a playoff spot by Thanksgiving. And even if they do by some miracle make the playoffs they are getting destroyed in round 1.

So pretty much a lock for a top 18 pick this year or an unprotected 2020 1st next year....absolutely amazing.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Eventually, St Louis will have to fire a coach, or make a big move, and they'll get traction from it.

Hopefully it'll be too late to fix the playoff hope, but just enough that they finish close.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I'm gonna start cheering for STL wins from now on.

I want an 11-20 pick in this draft. This draft is deep and I don't want to wait an entire year.

STL could also easily re-tool and push hard next year. They have the lineup to do it.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They play Nashville next. Alone in 30th having just lost to the only team behind them. It’s getting ugly fast.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They are only 4 points out of being 12-15 place and they have games in hand.

Give them 40 games in hand. They’ll lose most of them. They lost to the Kings with one of those precious games in hand.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
So, with them naming Berube the interim HC, does that mean no Q for them this season?

You would think that if Q was going to take over this season, he would have been named HC when Yeo was fired, no?

I am trying to think of an NHL team that named a interim HC for a short period in season while doing a coaching search. You would think at this point they’d wait till the offseason.

Plus, would they meet Q’s salary demands? I believe they are somewhat of a budget team, aren’t they?

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
So, with them naming Berube the interim HC, does that mean no Q for them this season?

You would think that if Q was going to take over this season, he would have been named HC when Yeo was fired, no?

I am trying to think of an NHL team that named a interim HC for a short period in season while doing a coaching search. You would think at this point they’d wait till the offseason.

Plus, would they meet Q’s salary demands? I believe they are somewhat of a budget team, aren’t they?
I don't see why Q would even want to coach right now.

Just enjoy time off and go back in the summer and have teams line up for him. At least that's what I'd do.

EDIT: Haha I think he was tail gaiting at Soldier field yesterday, seems like he's doing just that.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
As soon as Quennville takes another job, he loses the 6.5m paycheck he's getting from the Blackhawks. He's also being paid next year as well.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
As soon as Quennville takes another job, he loses the 6.5m paycheck he's getting from the Blackhawks. He's also being paid next year as well.
I don’t think that’s accurate...being bought out of a job isn’t like getting divorced and receiving alimony.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

Why on earth would a guy with as many options as he has settle for the Blues?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Why on earth would a guy with as many options as he has settle for the Blues?

The Blues are a pretty attractive job. There's still a lot of good pieces, both in terms of young vets (Tarasenko, ROR, Schwartz, Schenn, Fabbri, Petro, Parayko), and youngsters (Thomas, Kyrou, Dunn). They've been killed by poor goaltending and bad coaching. Q fixes the latter.

I'd much rather have that job than LA or Anaheim.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Pretty sure he still gets his 6.5 if he starts coaching. The only change would be that Chicago would only be on the hook for the difference in salary, if his new team gave a lesser salary than what Qhad for this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad