SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Watch out here comes Guelph. All the teams that loaded up at the trade deadline are about to catch us or pass us in the standings. We need to at least finish 3rd over all to avoid Kitchener in the first round. Would hate to be eliminated in the first round.

Reactions: dirty12

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
Old Hound, you are wise. Lots of prior discussions about the Greyhounds deciding not to trade away players for draft pics or trade for additional players to make a run this year. An exit in the first round would be terrible and make all of us question why such decisions were made.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
After re-reading, I think he was referring to posts outside of here, on other "social media". I thought your post was a measured and thoughtful assessment.
Thanks! I must say I enjoy reading your posts. I thought the samorukov hit was clean but I’d have to watch it again.. As for the game last night I thought it was an entertaining, fast game between two skilled teams. It could’ve went either way.. and two rebound goals were the difference. I thought the Greyhounds controlled majority of the play. Definitely a much better game than Wednesday

Reactions: Bear54

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
It's hard to make a thoughtful response to this when you are so out to lunch as to what happened on the hit. Taking several strides towards a vulnerable player and absolutely crushing him in the middle of the face with your shoulder is as dangerous as a hit can be.

There was broad consensus that Lochead was going to miss playoff games, if not the rest of the season.
First of all, your reasoning isn't even consistent with the factors stated by the league announcing the discipline.
Second, I get the distinct impression you don't have a clue about how the play unfolded. Lochead left the slot area and only went for the hit when he saw additional D coverage in the zone as another winger was present. That took time to evolve. It wasn't several strides. To do so he would have abandoned his position with other offensive players entering the zone which he didn't do.
Third, you fail to consider game factors on the hit. Circumstances of the game called for a momentum change at that time as they were losing by two. Lochead didn't go out of his way to hurt the Guelph player and your post to the contrary is flat out wrong.
Four, in fact, he slowed up before making contact. The Guelph defender, not forward position, had his head down which largely contributed to the consequences from the hit as he wasn't protecting himself.
All in, you've made many wrong statements about what actually happened.
*fourth added on edit

Last edited:
Reactions: TuckerFan1

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
First of all, your reasoning isn't even consistent with the factors stated by the league announcing the discipline.
Second, I get the distinct impression you don't have a clue about how the play unfolded. Lochead left the slot area and only went for the hit when he saw additional D coverage in the zone as another winger was present. That took time to evolve. It wasn't several strides. To do so he would have abandoned his position with other offensive players entering the zone which he didn't do.
Third, you fail to consider game factors on the hit. Circumstances of the game called for a momentum change at that time as they were losing by two. Lochead didn't go out of his way to hurt the Guelph player and your post to the contrary is flat out wrong.
Four, in fact, he slowed up before making contact. The Guelph defender, not forward position, had his head down which largely contributed to the consequences from the hit as he wasn't protecting himself.
All in, you've made many wrong statements about what actually happened.
*fourth added on edit

I'm getting the exact same impression from you since you obviously haven't seen the entire video.

Lochead leaves the slot area and takes 6 strides directly towards Samorukov. His head and presumably his eyes are locked on him the entire time. It's obvious that he is lining up the hit from the start. He's not surveying the zone. He doesn't even look at the winger. You're simply making up a false narrative to defend your player.

As he approaches, he lowers his shoulder and turns in order to get Samorukov directly in the head. That was not necessary to strip Samorukov of the puck. It's one of the clearest examples of headhunting that you will ever see.

Disagree with me if you wish, but your blatant lies make it frustrating to have a real conversation. Watch the video again.

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
I'm getting the exact same impression from you since you obviously haven't seen the entire video.

Lochead leaves the slot area and takes 6 strides directly towards Samorukov. His head and presumably his eyes are locked on him the entire time. It's obvious that he is lining up the hit from the start. He's not surveying the zone. He doesn't even look at the winger. You're simply making up a false narrative to defend your player.

As he approaches, he lowers his shoulder and turns in order to get Samorukov directly in the head. That was not necessary to strip Samorukov of the puck. It's one of the clearest examples of headhunting that you will ever see.

Disagree with me if you wish, but your blatant lies make it frustrating to have a real conversation. Watch the video again.
Narrative. I sat five rows immediately behind the play. I don't need to watch the video for the narrative. To truly understand you'd have to be live and then watch the hit to comment on both.
Lochead is an offensive defender. If he's able to take the puck and skate up ice, that's far more important at that time in that game. A hit actually is his second choice because it causes him to not be able to advance the puck.
It's not true that he's targeting for a hit and not watching the puck. It wasn't until the Guelph player continued with the puck into the zone, initially he's not leaving his post so not to get beat by a pass or dump into the zone.
On your video should be able to see Keane J out at the blueline.
Point of impact. He doesn't lower his shoulder to lead a hit into Guelph player' head. He stopped his stride and maintained a position for puck turnover or a defensive play to stop the puck carrier. The Guelph player had his head down. Lochead sending a check through shoulder into his chest- not head. If he hit his head it's unlikely to have the same downward impact toward the ice.
To blame a player for watching a puck and puck carrier "His head and eyes were locked" is rather foolish. You see what happens when they aren't looking up.

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018

I'll make it simple for you.
Part 2 reply to you post
You're arguing head hunting. You must establish narrative and explain why Lochead does what he did on the ice. You weren't at the game. You have video of the hit, but clearly don't understand the circumstances of the play unfolding. It's obvious from your posts.
Furthermore League review said considered past discipline history. If no history less games. Under 4 games for something that you allege just isn't consistent with league precedent.
Bottom line, it's repulsive to post about intent for head hunting and not actually have any support for it.

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018

Also, in your posts, you refer to Lochead taking several strides. But, in your video it should show that he in fact stopped skating and wasn't taking strides immediately before the point of impact. Explain that one.

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
FB, so far, he's made accusations about
-London Knights and their forum,
-says to another poster, it's hard to make a thoughtful response,
-accuses a fan/poster who was actually live and present at the game of lieing about what was observed at the game,
-fails to appreciate or be able to identify game script,
-doesn't factor in the increased suspension because of discipline history,
-doesn't consider a penalty called only after the ref checks the Guelph player's face for blood- likely doesn't even know that happened,
-doesn't understand nor may not be able to even see on video players on ice,
-has not addressed his posts from the perspective of the players and positions on ice and understanding why Lochead is taking certain strides on ice and his reasoning for how the play unfolded,
-doesn't explain why the Guelph player has a greater right to the ice that Lochead had already occupied,
-fails to explain the Guelph player carrying in the puck head down and putting himself in a vulnerable position,
-rests entire theory of what happened on video and interpretation of the video is contrary to the league review,
-doesn't factor in that Lochead witnessed Samorukov laying out Cotter just a couple weeks before the game in question, and
-accuses others of making statements, and putting forward false comments about what happened.
The same poster has yet to put anything posted on the topic into question, nor call this poster out over any of the posts.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Good lord, someone has way too much time on their hands and is a pathological liar. Time for the ignore button, please quit spamming our thread.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
FB, so far, he's made accusations about
-London Knights and their forum,
-says to another poster, it's hard to make a thoughtful response,
-accuses a fan/poster who was actually live and present at the game of lieing about what was observed at the game,
-fails to appreciate or be able to identify game script,
-doesn't factor in the increased suspension because of discipline history,
-doesn't consider a penalty called only after the ref checks the Guelph player's face for blood- likely doesn't even know that happened,
-doesn't understand nor may not be able to even see on video players on ice,
-has not addressed his posts from the perspective of the players and positions on ice and understanding why Lochead is taking certain strides on ice and his reasoning for how the play unfolded,
-doesn't explain why the Guelph player has a greater right to the ice that Lochead had already occupied,
-fails to explain the Guelph player carrying in the puck head down and putting himself in a vulnerable position,
-rests entire theory of what happened on video and interpretation of the video is contrary to the league review,
-doesn't factor in that Lochead witnessed Samorukov laying out Cotter just a couple weeks before the game in question, and
-accuses others of making statements, and putting forward false comments about what happened.
The same poster has yet to put anything posted on the topic into question, nor call this poster out over any of the posts.

You're putting in too much effort with this troll. Its becoming more abundantly clear that he posts the most outlandish comments and when challenged he responds like a 5 yr old. Just ignore and get popcorn ready for his hilarious commentary during the Greyhounds playoff run.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Is anybody else getting worried that Haytons injury is worse than they are letting us know ? When playoffs start and if we get a couple of injuries to say Frost or Sambrook or Villalta or Howdeshell or Hollowell of Hayton we are probably done we can’t afford any one of these elite players to be out of the lineup

Zoodoggie

Dec 27, 2014
Is anybody else getting worried that Haytons injury is worse than they are letting us know ? When playoffs start and if we get a couple of injuries to say Frost or Sambrook or Villalta or Howdeshell or Hollowell of Hayton we are probably done we can’t afford any one of these elite players to be out of the lineup
He was seen working out after Sunday's game perhaps he's not too far off from playing again

Reactions: Heldig

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I hear ya. I hope for you guys he’s back soon but I saw the play and thought uh oh right away.
That’s my worse fear, to go into the playoffs without all your guns, hence why I almost lost it when Candella went down and looked to be injured from the cheap hit. He may not be Hayton but he’s very important to our team.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Watch out here comes Guelph. All the teams that loaded up at the trade deadline are about to catch us or pass us in the standings. We need to at least finish 3rd over all to avoid Kitchener in the first round. Would hate to be eliminated in the first round.

Guelph IMHO is the team to beat in the West, but I'm surprised you would express concern over Kitchener. I would think they would be a speed bump for you guys.

London can't buy a win against you so we're in a toss up of who would be worse to face in rounds 2 or 3, the Storm or the Greyhounds. :eek:

Dark Horse : watch out for Saginaw....

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Guelph IMHO is the team to beat in the West, but I'm surprised you would express concern over Kitchener. I would think they would be a speed bump for you guys.

London can't buy a win against you so we're in a toss up of who would be worse to face in rounds 2 or 3, the Storm or the Greyhounds. :eek:

Dark Horse : watch out for Saginaw....
It's true we've performed much better against London than Saginaw or Guelph, so maybe facing London in the second round wouldn't be so bad.

However, Guelph are 5 points behind us with 6 to play. If we get 8 points out of 12 remaining they can't catch us. 6 or 7 points, and they need to run the table to catch us.

The other scenario in which we could face London early is if Saginaw caught London. Saginaw is 6 points back of London but has a game in hand (6 games left vs. 5). If Saginaw could somehow catch London and we held onto 3rd, we would still meet London in the second round.

Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad