SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Yes sir and we still have one game left against them and I believe we would have the tie breaker if it goes head to head first or is it most wins?
Most wins I believe is the 1st means of breaking a tie, the 2nd I believe is head to head..another win and another loss by London would put both teams at 39 wins but Hounds hold the advantage in head to head

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Any idea why your goalie got pulled after the first period? Seemed like he was playing ok, not sure why he did not return?
By what I could see about half way throught the first he covered the puck and I pretty sure he got a knee to the head from a spits player skating by

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
By what I could see about half way throught the first he covered the puck and I pretty sure he got a knee to the head from a spits player skating by
Did not see the hit but he finished the period? Did the announcers say anything. It just seems odd to me that he got pulled. No big deal I think Soo was going to win either way so just curious on the move.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
A couple remarks about last night's game;
- Keeghan Howdeshell played more physical than I've seen all year, finishing multiple checks, and I loved it. I hope we continue to see that type of play from him, as we don't have too many players capable of playing that kind of game.
- Drew Wawrow continues to play well, looking more and more comfortable back there. He is making smart first passes to start the rush, he is composed with the puck, he chooses good spots to pinch. In short, he does everything that Robert Calisti doesn't do.
- Jaromir Pytlik is looking really dangerous. Finding more space and time, and demonstrating that he knows what to do with it.
- A few great back checks by Morgan Frost to take away scoring opportunities and start the rush the other way. This is the Morgan we saw and loved at the World Juniors.
- Seemed like the coaching staff rolled all four lines for the entire game. It was refreshing to see, and I think the reduced ice time for our top line really contributed to them stepping up their games individually when they were out there.
- The whole team appeared to be giving great effort, and sustained it for the game.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
2 Shots on goal in the 3rd is all you need to know about last nights game! Yikes! Lol

SuperMod

Nov 6, 2018
I was at last nights game. Whole team,other than goalie seemed flat. I have never seen this team have so many off side calls in any other game. Also hard to win when you spend to much time on the PK in second. A couple of foolish penalties in the third finished it. Lets go Hounds on Sunday!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Sting guy here - do you think your team has a couple more 2-shot periods left for our guys on Sunday? :sarcasm:
Seriously, I’ve always liked the way your guys play. 100% hustle any time I’ve seen them.

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Why are the Hounds all of a sudden becoming so undisciplined and taking quite a few penalties? Today against Sarnia, the Sting scored 3 of their 4 goals on the power play. Time the coaching staff address this going down the stretch.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
That was the most ticky-tacky refereeing of the 21st century. Although I do think your D were a little tired by the 3rd. Didn’t see much of O’Rourke. Saw the full visor - was he hurt?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
These games where they build a lead then have to hang on for dear life are WAY too common to just be explained as the shortcomings of a “young team” by this stage of the season! You’re supposed to work this out and start gearing up for the playoffs by shutting down teams and NOT giving them any air!

Reactions: BehindSooNet

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Penalty trouble the last few games. Interestingly enough, it's mostly the defensemen getting penalized. Let dive in:

Sunday's defensive pairings (PIM in brackets)
LeGuerrier (2 cross checking) - Sambrook (4 delay of game, slashing)
O'Rourke (0) - Hollowell (0)
Calisti (2 hooking) - Wale (4* roughing, hooking)
* Two minutes of Wale's were coincidental

Friday's defensive pairings (PIM in brackets)
LeGuerrier (4 tripping, cross checking) - Sambrook (0)
O'Rourke (4* holding, roughing) - Hollowell (0)
Wale (2 delay of game) - Wawrow (0)
* Two minutes of O'Rourke's were coincidental

I was hoping something would really jump out at me laying it out like this, but now looking at it, I'm not sure I see too much. 5 penalties taken by our first pairing and 4 penalties taken by our 3rd line pairing is troublesome. Hooking penalties usually mean you were beat (both hookings taken by a 3rd pairing defenseman). Without reviewing game film though, it's really hard to know the situation each one was taken.

Penalties by forwards are also concerning and are often caused by not moving their legs. Frost, Peca, Trott, Jacklin, MacKay, MacKay, Howdeshell were all flagged in the last two games.

Gohoundsgo

Oct 28, 2017
That was the most ticky-tacky refereeing of the 21st century. Although I do think your D were a little tired by the 3rd. Didn’t see much of O’Rourke. Saw the full visor - was he hurt?

He’s wearing the full visor because his nose is broken. Second time this year, the kids a beast!

Reactions: Texcanuck

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
He’s wearing the full visor because his nose is broken. Second time this year, the kids a beast!
Thanks.
I was very impressed by him last time in Sarnia and was a bit surprised at how little I saw this time.
Great future, in my opinion

Reactions: HF92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad