SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Saginaw is a good team but the hounds should be able to play with them. They do miss Hayton, Frost is good but Hayton is there
overall best player. I could see a second round match up between the 2 teams. Home ice advantage for that series would really help.
Local products Nicholas Porco and Cam Baber have really improved . Both never take a shift off.

We have some guys who are sick too right now. Played through it.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
That’s the nature of these types of fan boards. Some fans are worse than others but the sky is always falling for many when their team loses a few. Even within the same game things can go from positive to negative and back on a board. It’s the nature of the beast. You also get many posters who never post after a win but jump at the first opportunity to be negative after a loss. I think maturity has something to do with it and your board is actually one of the better ones.
Any word on Hayton? I knew it was highly unlikely it would be “day to day” when I saw it.

All i know is that Arizona confirmed it was just a Charley horse.

I think they're being more safe than sorry.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
It is actually 4-2 season series so far, we play twice more home and home last week of the regular season. Hopefully we will have our full lineup against you as well by then it will be exciting to see what each team is playing like going into the playoffs. The loss of our leading scorer is seeing others step up and fill the void it has been exciting and fun to go to the rink. Hopefully we can get Coskey, Katic, and Davis back soon and you get Taylor and Hayton back as well.

Right sorry , my mistake. Im not even sure why i was thinking 3-3. It was 3-2 going into that game LOL.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
After a loss like this all i read is negativity. Its disgraceful and I would be embarrassed to continue to post on websites after some of the comments I've read on social media.

I used to promote the fan page now i tell people to stay away LOL.
I didn't mean to come across as negative with my post if you were referring to me. I was just writing my thoughts on the game itself. I think the Hounds can win a playoff series against Saginaw, I just said it would be tough. I try not to criticize them because like you said they are young men and far from perfect. Every one of them is doing alot better than I would do for sure!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I didn't mean to come across as negative with my post if you were referring to me. I was just writing my thoughts on the game itself. I think the Hounds can win a playoff series against Saginaw, I just said it would be tough. I try not to criticize them because like you said they are young men and far from perfect. Every one of them is doing alot better than I would do for sure!
After re-reading, I think he was referring to posts outside of here, on other "social media". I thought your post was a measured and thoughtful assessment.

Reactions: OHLfan200

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
If you guys want some humour, go read the London thread where they are complaining about a 4 game suspension that would have been 10+ for a player on any other team. They actually have the audacity to think that the league is unfair to them lol. I thought it was a joke but they are actually serious.

It's mind boggling how oblivious they are to the fact that the league favours them heavily in multiple areas, but I got a good laugh out of it.

Reactions: Living Vicariously

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If you guys want some humour, go read the London thread where they are complaining about a 4 game suspension that would have been 10+ for a player on any other team. They actually have the audacity to think that the league is unfair to them lol. I thought it was a joke but they are actually serious.

It's mind boggling how oblivious they are to the fact that the league favours them heavily in multiple areas, but I got a good laugh out of it.

Do tell what these "multiple areas" are.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

FWIW I didn't think it was even worth a suspension. His forearm hit Samorukov in the chest and then finished through the hit which caused him to flip over and land on his head. The fact that the cut was to his forehead showed that he wasn't cut from the hit, but from his visor going into his head after hitting the ground. If there was no blood, there would've been no suspension but because it looked bad with the blood, he gets 4 games. Obviously that doesn't mean the league is out to get London, but to act like that hit is "10+ for a player on any other team" is just flat out wrong. Jamieson Rees just broke a guys jaw with as dirty of a hit as there's been this year and he didn't even get 10 games. There's only been 1 suspension longer than 8 games this year and it was for a hit from behind

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
FWIW I didn't think it was even worth a suspension. His forearm hit Samorukov in the chest and then finished through the hit which caused him to flip over and land on his head. The fact that the cut was to his forehead showed that he wasn't cut from the hit, but from his visor going into his head after hitting the ground. If there was no blood, there would've been no suspension but because it looked bad with the blood, he gets 4 games. Obviously that doesn't mean the league is out to get London, but to act like that hit is "10+ for a player on any other team" is just flat out wrong. Jamieson Rees just broke a guys jaw with as dirty of a hit as there's been this year and he didn't even get 10 games. There's only been 1 suspension longer than 8 games this year and it was for a hit from behind

It's hard to make a thoughtful response to this when you are so out to lunch as to what happened on the hit. Taking several strides towards a vulnerable player and absolutely crushing him in the middle of the face with your shoulder is as dangerous as a hit can be.

There was broad consensus that Lochead was going to miss playoff games, if not the rest of the season.

Reactions: Living Vicariously

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's hard to make a thoughtful response to this when you are so out to lunch as to what happened on the hit. Taking several strides towards a vulnerable player and absolutely crushing him in the middle of the face with your shoulder is as dangerous as a hit can be.

There was broad consensus that Lochead was going to miss playoff games, if not the rest of the season.

"London fans are biased homers and there's consensus that they're all wrong - except for those non-Knights fans that disagree, they're just out to lunch"

Still waiting for your response on these "multiple areas". Cause it's a completely empty claim that is based undoubtedly on anecdotal evidence.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Well first for everything one ref calls high sticking penalty goes checks for blood then goes and ask the other ref to go check it out he can't tell if there is blood our not. Unbelievable the incompetence of the officiating in the league now

Reactions: SuperMod

fullsend

Feb 25, 2019
Brutal camera man at the game can’t even follow the puck and they have the corner angles at the worst times go gens go

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Well this is certainly the low point of the season. You can't lose to a team like Oshawa at home with the season on the line. We need to step on the gas and crush a less talented team. If we can't do that now, we won't be able to do it in the playoffs.

Reactions: three dog night

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Well this is certainly the low point of the season. You can't lose to a team like Oshawa at home with the season on the line. We need to step on the gas and crush a less talented team. If we can't do that now, we won't be able to do it in the playoffs.

They're literally only 3 points behind you and are going to get to 40 wins. To say you can't lose to "teams like Oshawa", even at home, is odd. They're just as talented as you guys.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
They're literally only 3 points behind you and are going to get to 40 wins. To say you can't lose to "teams like Oshawa", even at home, is odd. They're just as talented as you guys.

I don't agree. They play weaker opponents and sold off their best player. This is the time of the season to step up and beat a slow team like Oshawa. A loss is not acceptable, especially at home. I hope that the team wakes up.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I don't agree. They play weaker opponents and sold off their best player. This is the time of the season to step up and beat a slow team like Oshawa. A loss is not acceptable, especially at home. I hope that the team wakes up.

They got creative with their moves. Adding Saigeon, Mattinen and Nuemann while trying to get assests too. It was actually a really interesting strategy beyond the normal straight buy or sell. It's working for them.

And also who are the weaker opponents? Overall there isn't a massive divide between east and west anymore.

Reactions: Nerf27

BehindSooNet

Mar 15, 2015

I have to side with Kingpin794 on this one. Oshawa's numbers are very comparable to ours. They are in third place in a much improved Eastern Conference. In my estimation the two losses to Flint earlier this season constitute the real low point. I think we are all just a bit shocked that the Hounds have lost two in a row at home for the first time in eons. Back in the win column on Sunday (as long as we don't underestimate our opponent)!

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
We took 3 of 4 pts against you .....'nuff said. You were lucky to get the extra point in Oshawa in OT.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Hahahahahaha. You are a joke

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Do you watch hockey or look at shots on goal? Slow? Have you seen Neuman skate? Salintri? Ok ok Mattinen is super slow. Wow. Still burnt about 2015 bud.

Reactions: TuckerFan1

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
I thought it was a great game Oshawa is a pretty good team not chippy probably one of the best goalies in the league I thought he was the difference tonight
Hounds played well but definitely you can see the void without Hayton hope he is back soon

Reactions: BehindSooNet

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Oshawa played a solid first period, but were just okay for the second and third period. I have no idea what style of hockey the Greyhounds decided to play tonight. Seems to me the loss of Hayton has seriously changed the effectiveness of the lines. Maybe Dean needs to consider different combinations.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

the Gens are 16-3-2 since the deadline

Ottawa and London are the 2 best teams in the league, so admitting they're better and taking those games out, the Gens are 16-0-2 post-deadline against the other 17 teams.

Imagine how good their record would be if they weren't slow and bad! 17-0-1 instead of 16-0-2???

:laugh:

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
the Gens are 16-3-2 since the deadline

Ottawa and London are the 2 best teams in the league, so admitting they're better and taking those games out, the Gens are 16-0-2 post-deadline against the other 17 teams.

Imagine how good their record would be if they weren't slow and bad! 17-0-1 instead of 16-0-2???

:laugh:

No doubt the Generals are playing great hockey at the right time and they deserved to win last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad