SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Coach Dean is expressing a little frustration from last weekend. I don’t blame him tbh.

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed obvious that Kitchener was preparing for a future game against the Greyhounds. Very physical during the 1st period and the last half of the 3rd.

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
My guess, the Greyhounds finish the season (last 9 games) 6-3. I hope not, but possibly 5-4 and the Greyhounds likely fall to third place. Saginaw likely finishes the last 9 games 7-2 or possibly 6-3. Owen Sound vs Kitchener will likely be decided on March 16th, but I'm guessing Owen Sound takes over the 5th spot and its the Greyhounds vs Rangers in the first round.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Is Frost hurt? I've never seen a player as disinterested in a game as him from puck drop. Caused 3 offsides by having absolute no interest in getting onside. Could care less to back check or even put a stick on a player... It was actually pretty disgusting.. and I'm rarely one to rip on a junior player. He had energy to yell at the Saginaw bench but that was about it.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Terrible game tonight and with Oshawa Friday it's not going to get any easier. I have a feeling we are in trouble we haven't been playing well.for a while

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
From my seat, team actually played ok. First line not so much, but the rest of the team competed well. What we did not do was take care of the puck. Saginaw did their homework and new what we were doing before we did. We tried to force it anyway. Too many odd man breaks the other way. Not enough pucks on net. Can't blame Villalta on any of those goals. But overall, everything except the lack of first line effort is easy to correct. Not worried yet.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
From my seat, team actually played ok. First line not so much, but the rest of the team competed well. What we did not do was take care of the puck. Saginaw did their homework and new what we were doing before we did. We tried to force it anyway. Too many odd man breaks the other way. Not enough pucks on net. Can't blame Villalta on any of those goals. But overall, everything except the lack of first line effort is easy to correct. Not worried yet.
I thought the first line was fighting a losing battle last night. Most of their shifts coming against that big Tippett-McLeod-Perfetti line. Then when Dean tried to get them the odd shift against the third or fourth line they couldn’t get anything going. I also thought Hollowell was off.. which is a really rare occurrence. The greyhounds didn’t have much jump. And Saginaw is a really really solid team, they look better than London imo. I thought the hounds missed Hayton big time.. Especially matching up against the Tippett line. Hopefully he suits up Friday. I’m not saying it can’t be done but that’s going to be a very difficult team to beat 4 times come playoff time (Saginaw).

Reactions: PuckLife

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Our team had a off night.

Frost playing ill.
Hollowell a little tired

Theyd like to give Villalta a break but injury to Taylor hurt us a bit.

Its one game guys... 4 to 3 is season series.. we match up against Saginaw very good and with Hayton back even better.

One game and the hounds faithful give up. Lol. (Not painting all of you with that brush)

On a side note. I think Tippett has a leg injury or something.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
After a loss like this all i read is negativity. Its disgraceful and I would be embarrassed to continue to post on websites after some of the comments I've read on social media.

I used to promote the fan page now i tell people to stay away LOL.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
After a loss like this all i read is negativity. Its disgraceful and I would be embarrassed to continue to post on websites after some of the comments I've read on social media.

That’s the nature of these types of fan boards. Some fans are worse than others but the sky is always falling for many when their team loses a few. Even within the same game things can go from positive to negative and back on a board. It’s the nature of the beast. You also get many posters who never post after a win but jump at the first opportunity to be negative after a loss. I think maturity has something to do with it and your board is actually one of the better ones.
Any word on Hayton? I knew it was highly unlikely it would be “day to day” when I saw it.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

This board doesn't seem nearly as negative as many others. Try reading a newspaper article about last nights game and see if there is anything positive in there. Unlikely. It is the nature of the beast to be critical of a team that doesn't meet expectations. This isn't a sport for 10 year olds that get participation ribbons whether they win or lose and are told "great game, you tried your best". How positive do you want to be after a game like yesterday?

Reactions: PuckLife

bcspirit

Jan 10, 2013
North America
Its one game guys... 4 to 3 is season series.. we match up against Saginaw very good and with Hayton back even better.
It is actually 4-2 season series so far, we play twice more home and home last week of the regular season. Hopefully we will have our full lineup against you as well by then it will be exciting to see what each team is playing like going into the playoffs. The loss of our leading scorer is seeing others step up and fill the void it has been exciting and fun to go to the rink. Hopefully we can get Coskey, Katic, and Davis back soon and you get Taylor and Hayton back as well.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Saginaw is a good team but the hounds should be able to play with them. They do miss Hayton, Frost is good but Hayton is there
overall best player. I could see a second round match up between the 2 teams. Home ice advantage for that series would really help.
Local products Nicholas Porco and Cam Baber have really improved . Both never take a shift off.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I really think it should only be regulation wins since for percentage they use extra time wins and defeats like ties.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Total wins

Is it season series first or total wins in the year ?
This board doesn't seem nearly as negative as many others. Try reading a newspaper article about last nights game and see if there is anything positive in there. Unlikely. It is the nature of the beast to be critical of a team that doesn't meet expectations. This isn't a sport for 10 year olds that get participation ribbons whether they win or lose and are told "great game, you tried your best". How positive do you want to be after a game like yesterday?

I dont know how anyone 30+ has fun literally bashing kids though. Its a little sad.

Its not bad here but man oh man.. the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad