SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
I think part of the problem is
Back to hockey. I think it’s time to shake up the pp. Great talent but I don’t like the system/layout of the 1st unit.
the 1st unit usually plays about 1:40 seconds regardless of who is on the ice before the penalty is called ,so let’s say Frosts line is out there along with Howdeshell and Hollowell and they are on the ice for 45-55 seconds then they go on the PP that is usually well over 2-3 min shifts way to long , maybe try Hayton on 1 PP unit and Frost on other PP unit give the other teams something to think about on who they would rather defend against just my thoughts but hay what do I know

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I think part of the problem is

the 1st unit usually plays about 1:40 seconds regardless of who is on the ice before the penalty is called ,so let’s say Frosts line is out there along with Howdeshell and Hollowell and they are on the ice for 45-55 seconds then they go on the PP that is usually well over 2-3 min shifts way to long , maybe try Hayton on 1 PP unit and Frost on other PP unit give the other teams something to think about on who they would rather defend against just my thoughts but hay what do I know
Enjoy the game tonight shGirl, behave eh? Stay off the roof.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Hey northern canine bros.

Please crush Niagara tonight.

That is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Houndsfan22

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
Looks like they are back to playing very casually while with a big lead in the 3rd and it almost cost them again. Between the risky puck handling and coasting to the bench, very frustrating to watch. What a start to the game though!

As for Niagara, very skilled team but what an undisciplined and unlikable bunch. Hope to watch them get beat again tomorrow afternoon in Sudbury.

runningbear888

Jan 7, 2015
All I can say is you have to play 60 minutes cause vallata gives up to many weak goals. He makes some great saves then the weak one goes in and the flood gate opens. Team effort to protect leads. Matty V is way to inconsistent still hasn't raised his game from last year

Reactions: count35

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Did you guys sit back with the big lead almost very costly next up a visit by an angry London team tomorrow I agree the Dogs can lose their discipline at times.

Reactions: staubitz

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Did you guys sit back with the big lead almost very costly next up a visit by an angry London team tomorrow I agree the Dogs can lose their discipline at times.

They can be angry all they want but London is the team that the Hounds want to face. We dominate them like no other team and we need to make up some ground in the standings.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
All I can say is you have to play 60 minutes cause vallata gives up to many weak goals. He makes some great saves then the weak one goes in and the flood gate opens. Team effort to protect leads. Matty V is way to inconsistent still hasn't raised his game from last year
I completely disagree. Without him the Greyhounds would not have the record they have this year. A team effort to protect leads, exactly, not just Matty’s job to protect it. He saved the Greyhounds bacon a lot of times last night when they turned the puck over and had odd man rushes against. The players stopped skating at the end of the 1st and the end of the 3rd last night leading to the majority of Niagara’s goals. They have a ton of guys who can put the puck in the net too.. so he had to deal with high quality shots all night as well.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I completely disagree. Without him the Greyhounds would not have the record they have this year. A team effort to protect leads, exactly, not just Matty’s job to protect it. He saved the Greyhounds bacon a lot of times last night when they turned the puck over and had odd man rushes against. The players stopped skating at the end of the 1st and the end of the 3rd last night leading to the majority of Niagara’s goals. They have a ton of guys who can put the puck in the net too.. so he had to deal with high quality shots all night as well.
Very much agree. Huge saves early or all in all it may have been a very different game and potentially a loss. Nothing wrong with Villalta, looks like one of the league’s best to me.

Reactions: OHLfan200

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I've watched London 6 times this year and they haven't won a game yet. Obviously their record is good, but I'm always left puzzled after watching them get dominated.

I'm not sure which coach runs their powerplay, but he's doing a horrible job.

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad