SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
A ha we have only lost 9 games in regulation so you are the jinx. Quit watching damn it!!!!!:naughty::naughty: Congrats Soo wish we could have shown a bit more push back but as always you guys are no slouches during the regular season!

I was thinking that I should watch more! It helps that 3 of those 6 games were against the Hounds and the last one against Saginaw. Still, the chances of that are really slim! Just lucky I guess haha.

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
This is going to be the Hounds down fall again in playoffs. Being inconsistent. They will float around because they have talent, do they party ? They will end up taking the hard way again. Life sucking 7 game series. You will not advance doing this crap.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
This is going to be the Hounds down fall again in playoffs. Being inconsistent. They will float around because they have talent, do they party ? They will end up taking the hard way again. Life sucking 7 game series. You will not advance doing this crap.
Can you give more background to your comments? Are you talking about the London effort? Did you not think the Hounds gave a good effort that game? Or are you talking about an effort a different game?

If you remember last season, you will remember very few regular season games where they gave good effort for a full 60. A few games before Christmas, but that's about it. At least this year's version is giving good effort most games. Sure there are a few games where they aren't at their best, but those are the exception this season and not the rule.

Also, can we not pile on unrealistic expectations on this team come post season? Last year's team was the favourite in the playoffs, this year's edition is not.

You are lampooning them for partying, do you have anything to back up this claim? If not, let's not paint these kids with that brush. Last year was last year. Different coaching staff. 7 graduated players. 9 rookies.

I for one have no trouble cheering for these kids this season. I am in awe at what this young team has accomplished, and look forward to seeing what they can do come playoffs. Why can't we celebrate a successful homestand instead of fabricating problems?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I agree HockeyPops. I am one of the ones who were/are hard on last year's team's shortcomings due to off ice issues but like you i'm having fun cheering this squad on! They're SO young and playing great. Glitches will be there as everything must be learned along the way. Mistakes like letting up against good teams like Niagara hopefully will be a learning experience that will benefit them come playoff time. I'm just so pleased to see other teams take this squad lightly...in comparison to last year's of course..and the youngin's showing alot of moxie!!! Fun times! :thumbu:

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
I topd a London fan a while ago. The team that works the hardest will win the cup this year. The playoffs will not be determined on talent alone. London is a great team but we exposed alot of holes with our work ethic. Now sudbury is a team that I think can steal the east. They have some talent but a whole heck of hard workers....from here on out it
will be a interesting to see how the playoff picture plays out

Houndsfan22

Mar 27, 2018
Can you give more background to your comments? Are you talking about the London effort? Did you not think the Hounds gave a good effort that game? Or are you talking about an effort a different game?

If you remember last season, you will remember very few regular season games where they gave good effort for a full 60. A few games before Christmas, but that's about it. At least this year's version is giving good effort most games. Sure there are a few games where they aren't at their best, but those are the exception this season and not the rule.

Also, can we not pile on unrealistic expectations on this team come post season? Last year's team was the favourite in the playoffs, this year's edition is not.

You are lampooning them for partying, do you have anything to back up this claim? If not, let's not paint these kids with that brush. Last year was last year. Different coaching staff. 7 graduated players. 9 rookies.

I for one have no trouble cheering for these kids this season. I am in awe at what this young team has accomplished, and look forward to seeing what they can do come playoffs. Why can't we celebrate a successful homestand instead of fabricating problems?

Very, very well said. Especially the part about the partying and painting this years team with an unsubstantiated brush.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
I agree. Must be the snow we received since the last game.
Looking forward to watching big Justin Brazeau for the Battalion. Not sure if Struthers and Chenier all play on the same line, but these 3 can take over a game. North Bay trying to get out of 8th and avoid that 1st round match up with Ottawa. Go Hounds!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
If you guys are going to beat North Bay, could you at least drag it into OT? Just want NB to get into 6th or 7th for the epic Sudbury - NB 1st round matchup haha

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Why don't you guys just get into 1st?

Pfft baby steps. This will be the first time since 00-01 where we finish as a top 4 seed and get games 1 and 2 at home.

Now let's move on from how awful that sounds and pretend the last 17 years didn't happen lol

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Brazeau to Chenier to Struthers. Game over. Kind of lucky goal but a great no look pass from Chenier. Got 1 point tho.

Anyone know what happened to Villalta? Announcers guessing it was helmet issue?

Houndzfan

Dec 9, 2017
Brazeau to Chenier to Struthers. Game over. Kind of lucky goal but a great no look pass from Chenier. Got 1 point tho.

Anyone know what happened to Villalta? Announcers guessing it was helmet issue?

He got hit in the head in a NB 2 on 1. Possible concussion? Hope he's ok and back in nets soon.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
There was at least one very hard shot from Brazeau that seemed to rock Villalta. Not sure if that was a factor.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
He got hit in the head in a NB 2 on 1. Possible concussion? Hope he's ok and back in nets soon.
I believe Struthers got him in the head with his left hip while cruising in looking for a rebound. I was honestly surprised there was no call considering the league focus on head contact. VillAlta never looked right after the play. I believe a spotter would/should have caught it.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
I looked at this a couple of times and think Sec 9 nailed it. I wonder if there are good enough camera angles (overhead?) if there might be League discipline after the fact.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
John Dean said before the game it was an upper body injury that happened during the second period when Matty got hurt during a collision on a rush to the net. He said he's day to day. Sounds like a concussion to me. If he's out a while kiss 1st place in the division goodbye.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
John Dean said before the game it was an upper body injury that happened during the second period when Matty got hurt during a collision on a rush to the net. He said he's day to day. Sounds like a concussion to me. If he's out a while kiss 1st place in the division goodbye.

The games before Christmas were some of our best of the year. Let's not throw Ethan Taylor and the rest of the team under the bus just yet.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Frosty 2 points back of scoring race with playing 8 less games do to world juniors my money is on Frost to win by at least 5 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad