Prospect Info: Springfield Falcons Discussion - Coyotes AHL affiliate

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
As mentioned, he'll turn 20 here in about 2 months, so he could play in Springfield. More than likely the Winterhawks will keep him as one of their over-agers, but if we moved Langhamer and released Troytle, he could at least serve as back-up in Springfield (if we signed a more veteran AHL goalie like Dell).

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League today announced that Springfield Falcons center Laurent Dauphin has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of his actions in a game vs. Hartford on Mar. 20.

Dauphin received an automatic one-game suspension under the provisions of AHL Rule 23.6 for accumulating his second game misconduct in the “physical fouls†category this season. He will miss Springfield’s game tonight (Mar. 22) at Albany.

AHL announced Dauphin's suspension today.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I feel so bad for Springfield fans. I hope that next year is way better with the likes of Dvorak, Perlini, Garland, etc playing for the team. Can't over cook them in a losing environment.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I feel so bad for Springfield fans. I hope that next year is way better with the likes of Dvorak, Perlini, Garland, etc playing for the team. Can't over cook them in a losing environment.

Yup, every ahl fanbase should and I'm sure does hate the yotes for this garbage.

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA

Yes, I was incredibly upset when I heard the news that Columbus had left and that Columbus had taken their prospect pool and left and the Coyotes had taken over. Unfortunately everything I thought would happen did happen and seeing how the way the team was being handled I emailed my ticket rep in the beginning of February and told him that I could see them (I think I used the word sabotage) trading Jeffrey (our only watchable player) and if they did I wouldn't go to any more games this year. I didn't predict them trading our best defenseman too though.

It's been a rough year, my ticket renewal has been sitting on the counter for a few weeks now and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Part of me wants to believe that next year will be exciting but then the other part has seen what this team has done this year.

Just to show you what kind of excitement this team brings the past four games their first period shots look like 5, 4, 3, 2. Talk about getting off to a good start.

After that rant though, I do appreciate that you fans seems to be supportive of us though, the C-Bus fan base was almost unbearable.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Possible Regier was asked to step aside from his Springfield GM duties after the team had such a poor showing. Maloney doesn't seem thrilled about the losing atmosphere. Bad year to be an affiliate, with no new toys showing up, and some injuries forcing callups. Next year should be better.

I hate that the Coyotes are easily the worst partner an AHL team can have, but I'm not totally surprised it is that way.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
After that rant though, I do appreciate that you fans seems to be supportive of us though, the C-Bus fan base was almost unbearable.

Hard not to support you, our on ice product sucks too but at least we have a few bright spots, it sounds like the few bright spots there were for you guys got shipped out.

Possible Regier was asked to step aside from his Springfield GM duties after the team had such a poor showing. Maloney doesn't seem thrilled about the losing atmosphere. Bad year to be an affiliate, with no new toys showing up, and some injuries forcing callups. Next year should be better.

I hate that the Coyotes are easily the worst partner an AHL team can have, but I'm not totally surprised it is that way.

Agreed, hopefully some of our ahl bound prospects take off and we sign some solid ahl vets. I'm all for favoring development over winning ahl championships, but you should still ice a competitive team that doesn't have oiler level stink all over it. A competitive winning environment down there would be nice to have for our youngins.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Springfield was eliminated from being able to make the playoffs via the Atlantic Division. They are still mathematically alive for the Eastern Conference crossover.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Any new ATO's or PTO's on the horizon Wildcat? I see Portland is playing Springfield tonight - maybe you can pick the brain of some of the Springfield management whoever that may be.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
There is literally no one here from the Falcons.... Normally they bring a few extra people for advance scouting and things like that but its just the team w/ coaching staff.... The players that played in Portland previously didn't even stick around last night. They slithered out a backdoor avoiding the media completely. With 11 games left in the season and the Falcons officially eliminated from playoff contention I suspect that a few ATO's will be worked into the lineup down the stretch.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Hope they fire Rolston and give Chyaka the reigns next year

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Chayka may be a better fit there than here (in his current role). You know he recommended things and Tippett was like, "thanks for the recommendations, but I prefer the cut of Chip's jib moreso than that Duclair fellow"

:laugh:

I really hope Springfield gets an overhaul before next season so that they can actually be somewhat competitive.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Chayka may be a better fit there than here (in his current role). You know he recommended things and Tippett was like, "thanks for the recommendations, but I prefer the cut of Chip's jib moreso than that Duclair fellow"

:laugh:

I really hope Springfield gets an overhaul before next season so that they can actually be somewhat competitive.

That would be nice, but don't hold your breath. The way DM is talking they will be making changes, but our farm team has been a joke for years.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
What's going on with Henrik Samuelsson? His stats last seasons were impressive. This year low production and missed a lot of games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00